It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Here is a hi res video:
Hi Res Video Gulf Spill // May 2010

Here is an international thought about airborne Dispersant mixed with oil and collected by clouds for raining on other countries: (Who is going to test this out, and tell residents so they can move or do something to protect themselves .. the ocean will warm and wash this up for ages!!

Toxic Rain from Corexit?

NASA Gulf Images:
NASA spill images 5/28/2010
NASA images of the spill ... looks best in Cyan!
One of today's Gulf spill images:
The Large Image:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
you know i got a wonderfull question with a following coment....why dose obama say hes seeing about talks about geting us off of oil and looking for alternitive sorces of energy ?
has anyone ever heard of WiTrisity based off of Teslas design ? WiTrisity can power any electrical device known to man without any built in energy sorce such as a batery and or oil in this case; yes and we can power our cars off of it...no wiers no fule no gass and the best thing is it dirives out of thin air...well kinda... it uses the earths magnetic feald to gerate power to a given area sort of like radio signals... safe, unharmfull to children and pets no danger of electricution...even no danger to pacemakers and actualy it recharges the baterys of the pacemakers as was shown in a test. imagine driveing with no gass from town to town and reenergizeing would be as automated as your car radio programed seaching for a station of the next tower...the only thing we would need oil for is plastic. but unfortunately this means that OPEC''s and other oil corpoations whos products are oil would be only making plastic.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Is anyone watching the live feed?????

They are cutting something with a saw right now!!! I have not heard officially that they have decided to cut away the damaged riser and install a replacement. Any experts out there with some commentary?

The CNN live feed is the view of the oil spewing.

Try this link to the live feed. You will need Media Player to view.

Link to livefeed

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

yea I'm seeing it too. That's one big friggin saw. I keep thinking about the person that's controlling that saw. He's gotta have nerves of steel.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
also watching, they dropped the saw a few minutes ago...tsk amateurs!

don't know what they are cutting though, looks like they are cutting pretty close to a bracket type part....

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
did you see that sudden back up??? the Rov then seemed to spin erratically through the plume and lose depth suddenly. seems to be under control now. The only thing I have found on the net is that the next move will be to cut away the damaged riser and replace with a pipe to pump the oil to the surface. This would be after they determine the topkill has failed.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Looks like he is headed up. I noticed he checked his gauges and then began the ascent. Just guessing...any pros out there watching?? I think he may have lost the function of one of the propellers.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Leo Strauss]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The cnn feed is wierd too? It just shows an oil plume from what appears to be a large hole in the oceans floor??? Have they removed the bop?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

That leak on CNN is on the far end of the damaged riser (not close to the BOP). As far as I can tell there has been substantial erosion to the ocean floor and the flow seems to have increased.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ok that makes sence,yes it does appear to have blasted out a large hole in the ocean floor and the oil is really coming out of that pipe,unfortunantly I dont see any effect of the top kill.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm watching the MMS link posted earlier, but people mentioning the CNN feed made me check that out and I noticed the times are different? I get the same image but the time stamps aren't right.

The MMS link gives the time as being : 11:41, which is the right time. The CNN one gives 6:24. What's up with that? Anything meaningful or just the camera's clock being off?

Edit: Adding a picture of the times being different.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Wuwei]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's so frustrating to know that all this is going on and yet the MSM is downplaying it all to a degree that's laughable IMO.
They keep showing the same photos and "views" over and over on CNN and seriously expect us to believe that it will take "24-48 hours to confirm if the spill has stopped..."
I need a new defition of "spill" at this point,LOL!
It's a holiday weekend and obviously no one wants to upset the masses but wait until NEXT week.
I do understand that there are some very brilliant and hard working people dealing with this event that DO care and truly WANT things to get as normal as possible as fast as possible but when I read around and get a clear picture of the ACTUAL events, issues, and reprocussions I am seriously wondering why it's being so downplayed at this point.
Will they wait until all hell breaks loose then rush to control the sitution?
Probably.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by irishchic]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Anyone know what their doing now? All I'm seeing is the blue rope thingy over a red thingy and pipe . . . . thingys (excuse the tech language)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
White plume!! .. Blue noose ... light in the distance and something over head ...

Wow, could use a little narration ... but maybe they think we will be better viewers without clues ...

Does anyone have any more links (other than what are already here on ATS) about the Corexit + crude = toxic clouds? ... Would like to find some hard data ...

Also prevailing winds for the gulf for the next three days are almost due Easterly ... (Intellicast windcast)

Ah ... something is up ... laters ...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
White plume!! .. Blue noose ... light in the distance and something over head ...

Wow, could use a little narration ... but maybe they think we will be better viewers without clues ...

Does anyone have any more links (other than what are already here on ATS) about the Corexit + crude = toxic clouds? ... Would like to find some hard data ...

Also prevailing winds for the gulf for the next three days are almost due Easterly ... (Intellicast windcast)

Ah ... something is up ... laters ...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
seems to still all be a great big mess to me,

oh well, at least those on top are getting all the practice they need at driving those rovers around.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Looks to me like the ROV is being winched up to the surface. Maybe they are going to attach some cutting tools. Its kinda cool to watch.

Maybe we'll catch some real time views of the slick on the surface as its brought on-board the drill ship.

Edit-: ROV winched on deck at 1:17am.

[edit on 30/5/2010 by who-me?]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well I see we're back to watch the leak. Question, even though Top Kill failed are they still pumping mud? Or does it look like more methane's coming out.
Man, if they don't get something done and soon, there's nothing going to be left of the gulf, except a huge water wasteland.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
seems to still all be a great big mess to me,

oh well, at least those on top are getting all the practice they need at driving those rovers around.
Those Oceaneering ROV pilots are the best in the world. You should see their training facility and virtual ROV flight simulator facility in Berwick,LA where they learn to "fly" the ROV before they get behind the real thing.
It's inside this converted old church building that they bought out because They were cramped for space.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The lack of concern by the MSM is ridiculous.

In the UK a msm newsreader just came on and said

"the top kill operation had failed and that BP were now going to send a robot down to cap the leak"

wtf
who listenes to this bs .... nobody I think. Nobody here seems to even be aware of whats going on.

Hours and hours spent on yet another corrupt politician ... 30 seconds on this disaster.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join