It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Anybody catch that last boom? I'm uploading it to youtube now.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What's up with the total yellow cloudy feed?
All I see at the moment is just brown yellow floating around, no video of machines or anything of importance. Why even switch to this cam if it's a useless feed for the public viewing?
There has to be other cameras they can switch to.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul

Last boom?!? Please describe.
In fact please everyone describe exactly what you seen in detail. This is important stuff here.
Thank you ATS. This site is on the ball compared to all other networks and websites!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Look at the second from top left. I move the mouse around it to see. Go figure I started recording at 9:11pm.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Look at the second from top left. I move the mouse around it to see. Go figure I started recording at 9:11pm.

Excuse my ignorance but..
How do you get that multifeed? All I found was the direct BP link and playing it in VLC.
Thanks.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklife
How do you get that multifeed? All I found was the direct BP link and playing it in VLC.
Thanks.

It's the CNN feed. Go to CNN VIDEO and on the top right hand corner click on Live Feed.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
As I am a new member, I can not post and make a seperate thread. Perhaps I do not need to. But anyway, there is twittering about it RAINING OIL in Orlando, FL. I would like someone to confirm, if anyone is from there.

www.twitlonger.com...

What you do is look on your car or look on the ground and if it is raining, see if it smells like oil or if it drys up or if it is slimy or leaves a residue of oil.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I imagine it's probably the weakened sections of the riser blowing off. When you have a bunch of fissures together that have mud shooting through them at several thousand PSI, the mud tends to cut through the steel till it makes one big hole. Same thing as water jets cutting metal. Will probably have more of these events until they get it hopefully plugged.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Sixteen minutes into Thursday here ... I have the "flowing leak in the well-lighted" frame being watched awfully hard by 2 cameras .. and a big cylinder was in that shot less than an hour ago ..

The "Top Kill Item?" seems to be getting another cleaning -- and cleaning, and cleaning.

There is also a square item ... part of the down-pressure delivery system, I am guessing.

HUGE columns of white headed for the surface ... going straight up! -- and going with a lot of push behind them ... methane, or mud? ... don't know. May have to tune in to CNN.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serendipity7
Sixteen minutes into Thursday here ... I have the "flowing leak in the well-lighted" frame being watched awfully hard by 2 cameras .. and a big cylinder was in that shot less than an hour ago ..

The "Top Kill Item?" seems to be getting another cleaning -- and cleaning, and cleaning.

There is also a square item ... part of the down-pressure delivery system, I am guessing.

HUGE columns of white headed for the surface ... going straight up! -- and going with a lot of push behind them ... methane, or mud? ... don't know. May have to tune in to CNN.

Is this what you are referring to? Last time I looked (this morning) it didn't look as bad or as fast as this - THIS is the remedy??? Whaa?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It was the camera panning up from the bottom, and the plumes just went up and up and up ... they were awfully white in the bright light .. possibly the mud flowing out instead of the well gunk ...

Hope It WORKED!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I know that there are bigger minds on this than mine but...
How would something like HPT work in this scenario?
Click here for more...

HTP will solidify and encapsulate oil on contact. The reaction to oil is immediate because of its capillary action. HTP will solidify and encapsulate oil on water because of its repellency to water. This would be especially beneficial to oil drilling companies since drilling is operated in those types of conditions and environments.

HTP is also available in oil containment socks for containment of oil around leaky pumps, hydraulics, oil drum storage areas, etc..

HTP has a very high energy source when incinerated and will reduce disposal cost dramatically, saving companies substantial amounts of money.

HTP also has a very high absorption rate so it's very economical to use. Because HTP absorbs on contact, clean up time is greatly reduced.

And no... I don't work for nor am I affiliated in anyway whatsoever with the company.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am looking at the feed now...it appears they are looking at other areas of the leak area...but I currently don't see any oil coming out from anywhere.

Have they been successful or is the just one the other camera views and angles we are seeing?

Anyone what know?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

Here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/775f82578c90.png[/atsimg]

But this is mud apparently.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
LA Times is reporting that the top kill is working

www.latimes.com...

"'Top kill' plugs gulf oil leak, official says
Drilling fluid has blocked oil and gas, U.S. Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen says. Engineers plan to begin pumping in cement and then will seal the well.

By Jim Tankersley, Los Angeles Times
May 27, 2010 | 7:04 a.m.

Reporting from Houma, La. — Engineers have stopped the flow of oil and gas into the Gulf of Mexico from a gushing BP well, the federal government's top oil-spill commander, U.S. Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, said Thursday morning.

The "top kill" effort, launched Wednesday afternoon by industry and government engineers, had pumped enough drilling fluid to block oil and gas spewing from the well, Allen said. The pressure from the well was very low, he said, but persisting.

Once engineers had reduced the well pressure to zero, they were to begin pumping cement into the hole to entomb the well. To help in that effort, he said, engineers also were pumping some debris into the blowout preventer at the top of the well."

more at link

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

Good catch! I haven't seen this posted anywhere else. I imagine those of us who are following this are collectively holding our breath.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklife
Thanks.

It's the CNN feed. Go to CNN VIDEO and on the top right hand corner click on Live Feed.

I am stil unable to get to the "multi-feed". When I follow the link you posted there is no where to click that says live feed.

If I go to live.cnn.com they are only showing the one camera feed that is shared everywhere. What am I missing?

edit - I found a link from ABC that is working for the multi-feed. I can only asume it is live since it is on their live video page. If anyone has a link to a better source feel free to share it
ABC Live multi-feed

edit2 - looks like abc has switched over to the single camera view as well. This is getting annoying, I really want to see the "whole picture"

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Charlieslies88]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Charlieslies88]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Great News ! - But.. just don't close this thread yet.. keep watching.. Many experts said this would not work.. this could be just temporary.

Now if it does work, nobody better make PB out to be Heroes if so I'm gonna hurl.

This is the second largest well ever tapped in History. Watch TPTB turn around and give PB a lease to tap another well next to it - or re-open this one.

I tell you BP wants that pocket of oil and gas.. they aim to get it.

After this and all that was learned about their violations that were ignored and the corrupt federal agencies that let it happen, do we really want them back in Our Gulf?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
seeing reports of that oil rain coming in now

fourwinds10.com...

not sure what to think but there are multiple people saying it on twitter

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Valdestine]

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join