It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wuwei

I am using the mms link and running it on my Real Player.
The image quality is much better than the CNN feed in my opinion.

I can only get it to play at work though. When I get home I have to go back to the BP or CNN feed.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Ah I'm running the mms link in VLC player on Ubuntu. works really well and I agree quality is good. I think you can get VLC player for windows as well.

Thanks for your input on what may be going on down there. I know nothing about any of this so it's nice when someone tries to explain

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am really suprised with the scope of this disaster the media isnt all over this covering the top kill up to the minute, getting updates maybe hourly from BP. If this was a hurricane reporters from all over the country would be there live through it.

Here in cali the only news I seen was at noon and it just gave the same old info and was maybe a 30 second blip....

Whatever....very disapointing.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGKONG

I agree, I was thinking the same thing. Then I happened to come across www.thetimes.co.uk... and what's on the front page?

Deep oceans ‘could offer key to life’

Maybe exaggerating a bit, but they could offer the opposite too the way we're taking care of our oceans. /facepalm

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGKONG

I'm in TOTAL agreement. Seems like more stalling and stretching. Moments ago during a live Press Conference Gov. Jindal said that inasmuch as the top kill procedure might take a couple of days to complete, they would know within a few hours if it was effective due to drop in pressure. I found that interesting considering all the discussions about psi, flow rate etc.

Bottomline, I'm with you there should be live blow by blow reporting on this.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
CNN has been covering it pretty heavy. And they have been talking viewers through what they are seeing on the live feed. I could be wrong about this but i don't think they have allowed much media in the area so maybe that's why there isn't as much coverage as a hurricane.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Am I correct in assuming they haven't even started pumping the mud down the pipe yet?

So frustrating..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

According to BP they started pumping hours ago.

news.yahoo.com...

COVINGTON, La. – BP started pumping heavy mud into the leaking Gulf of Mexico well Wednesday and said everything was going as planned in the company's boldest attempt yet to plug the gusher that has spewed millions of gallons of oil over the last five weeks.

BP hoped the mud could overpower the steady stream of oil, but chief executive Tony Hayward said it would be at least 24 hours before officials know whether the attempt has been successful. The company wants to eventually inject cement into the well to permanently seal it.
...A live video stream Wednesday showed pictures of the blowout preventer, as well as the oil gushing out. At other times, the feed showed mud spewing out, but BP said this was not cause for alarm.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I don't think there will be enough pressure from the mud to stop the oil/ gas volcano from erupting again. I hope it will, but I can't help but doubt it.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Looking at the video of the flow there is no way that this mud is going to stop this... Lets be real. Itd have to be dropped all at once. You cant slowly hose this eruption with mud like water on fire... It would take a monolithic block or two being dropped on the site to stop it. At least thats what I think lol. I really hope this gets stopped though
I hate seeing the Earth being abused by us...

EDIT to add: Arent there ships somewhere that could like drop all kinds of dirt and crap all at once? Like the bottom of the ship opens up and this stuff just spills and falls on top of it? I could see that working after a few huge drops. I swear its like these jerks arent thinking of all the possible ways to fix this... Like I mean seriously this is their best solution? They are thinking too much into it! Just drop a whole bunch of land on it! Sorry im just deep down inside really upset about this whole situation and it seems like noone in charge really gives a damn.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by CmptrN3rd5]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
Looking at the video of the flow there is no way that this mud is going to stop this... Lets be real. Itd have to be dropped all at once. You cant slowly hose this eruption with mud like water on fire... It would take a monolithic block or two being dropped on the site to stop it. At least thats what I think lol. I really hope this gets stopped though
I hate seeing the Earth being abused by us...

If they forced some dynamite deep, deep into the well and blew it the earth would seal it up for good. They dont want to seal it up for good...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There are 3 leaks. I'm thinking if the Top Kill fails to stop the leak at the main point, the riser, it will at least clog the pipe some... wouldn't it?

And if so, to me, could force back pressure back down the lines causing greater leaks at the other 2 leaking spots.

I have seen this with plumbing.

Hey, DogsDogsDogs.. if you search google for "Oceaneering video portal" you find this thread #4 down :-).. just thought you might like to know that.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Watching CNN:

The white stuff coming out is Methane .. But it IS the problem right now.

The Oil is really dark, and the dispersant is ugly orange-ish-red ... and uglier for what it is doing!! (and covering up) .. lots of oil will not show, --- will not float and will have to be sought out and grabbed some other way .. anything swimming through it is likely doomed!

This Methane flow is what ruined the first 2 attempts .. filled up the hats and made them buoyant. IT was more than even the hot water and the anti-freeze could handle ... and it is one 'h-e-double-toothpicks' of a green house gas!!

Likely it will stay on the bottom at least until it meets up with the warm current, and the oil is already (as of last night) flowing past the Gulf Entry US Sub Base!!

If the beginning of Top Kill did not dent this flow, they have to get more power behind The MUD .. it is under tremendous pressure when it enters the Well Area.

There is a way to link up pumps in daisy chains to get more power on the mud: This is more boats and more time, but it should work. I wonder if there is not a new mud push machine also under construction (since it was mentioned) but it will be a while (too long) before it is ready.

I too gave up and caught a nap
The view has changed to the real culprit keeping the seal-up from happening
... but that is only keeping us from seeing THE OIL and THE Dispersant ...

DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK TO THAT (oil + dispersant) CAMERA ?

I get only one interview window on yahoo right now...

Ah CNN has an Oceaneering Video Portal ... nice ... stuff happening, too!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Is there somehow this area could be dangerously explosive with all the methane being released since its "eruption"? Or is there not enough of a concentration? I would just hate to see a huge explosion added to the mix... This feels like a dream

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
Is there somehow this area could be dangerously explosive with all the methane being released since its "eruption"? Or is there not enough of a concentration? I would just hate to see a huge explosion added to the mix... This feels like a dream

In all honesty I think that is why the are avoiding explosives ...

I wonder if the Methane hitting the warm current would cause it to flash to a gas .. that would be nasty as well.

I don't know what would cause it to surface short of a heat surge, or a massive upwelling ... I am pretty certain it does not automatically float. No free oxygen, someone said, so no boom on the bottom (if we don't make one).

Though there was something that went off a few days back, rocked the heck out of the Disney Wildlife Preserve, and Brazil did not even send data .. maybe it clobbered their recorder ... I think it is really interesting!

Intgeresting data:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Watching these feeds I wonder if Hollywood or Disney Studios are involved in this - they seem to be pulling this off just like the Faked Apollo Moon Landing

Edit: Not to misunderstand.. I know this is real, but i'm talking about the spin being put on this and the possibility this is all for show to make it look like they are trying when they are not.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

LOL...I dought it, if they were involved the live feeds would be much more beliveable. BP is just pointing there camera's at everything but the well. Heck most the moring all I seen was some machine with knobs and guages......

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGKONG
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

LOL...I dought it, if they were involved the live feeds would be much more beliveable. BP is just pointing there camera's at everything but the well. Heck most the moring all I seen was some machine with knobs and guages......

Yeah, but they've been showing great shots of the gushing all afternoon. Even now, we have the total cloudy view back again.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Okey, I think this is where I was heading. Is there a possiblity that with this much methane being pumped into the Gulf of a flash point happening? Or would there have to be a complete dead calm for something like that to happen? If that could happen?

There is a big difference between methane suspended in solution in the water and hydrate pockets flashing to gas. There was a lake (Nyos) in africa that in 1986 had a slight temperature change and a faster wind and it suddenly released a small amount (of the total volume) of CO2 dissolved in it and it killed people for miles.

The hydrates will not likely dissolve in the water, they will most likely rush to the surface. Any ship caught above a big collection of gas coming up will be in trouble as the density of the water will decrease and the ship will be less bouyant and maybe sink.

A lot of the methane from the well is likely heading to the surface but enough is probally dissolving into the water to lower the oxygen level and kill animals and fish. The less rough the ocean is the more methane it can hold in solution. Given the roughness of the ocean the fact is the amount as a % will be lower but it will still displace dissolved oxygen.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
BP has at least 5 cameras that I know of at different locations around the drill site.
I think what we are seeing now is the heavy mud being expelled through the cracks in the damaged riser pipe and then settling back down. Since the heavy mud is much denser than the water is is bound to obscure the camera and generally make a huge mess.

It would be nice if they switched cameras. There was one situated about 600 feet away from the well head. This would gives us a better idea of what is happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join