It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
CNN just said they started the top kill process at 2:00 (about 45 minutes ago). But that it may still be a few hours before they start pumping the mud into the pipe.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

That's the "Oceaneering video portal", you can see another shot of it on the feed I got from CNN last night, about 00:35 in the video:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by hdutton
This is the same thing which I have done, though not at this depth, to fix my own plumbing problems. The stuff to do it is even available at Wal-Mart

FWIW: I like your concept of the "sleeved" approach much more than the failed "domes." However it is important to remember the diameter of the pipe is reported to be 21" and 5,000 feet below the surface. What aisle are those on at Walmart?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

That would be aisle 24B, on the top shelf.

I do hope they still make that 24" pipe, I once had to ship out from the Fluor warehouse. It was so much fun to handle in 40' lengths.

At that length (5000+) even large pipe begins to act like rope and is very hard to handle. It is not an easy job, but necessary.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Anyone else watching the live feeds right now?

Monitoring valves? Maybe they aren't going to show it??

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I didn't want to steal zumba's information. This is an excellent link! It has photographs of Methane "boiling" the ocean all around the oil rigs, even before this explosion. This has been an ongoing concern for the last couple of years and the O&G people have refused to address the warnings.

Originally posted by zumba da geek
Im very glad to see this forum. Its the only one Ive found that is addressing what is really going. Below is a link to a story about methane hydrates and offshore drilling. Apologys if its already been given. It, and the report it references, explains in detail what caused the explosion and blowout. The reason this isnt being reported in the MSM is because the current admin, DOI, MMS and the O&G industry dont want this data known, as they have been preparing hydrates as the fuel of the future and dont want it to have a bad name.

solveclimate.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...

Try this feed. It shows about 6 different live feeds from Oceaneering video Portal.

I wish I could get an individual feed for each of them.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...

Try this feed. It shows about 6 different live feeds from Oceaneering video Portal.

I wish I could get an individual feed for each of them.

Thanks for the link. Definitely looks intense on that screen on the top left.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Anyone know the current status of the top kill? I cant find any info. I really thought we would be seeing alot more today on the live cams...

I wish obama would just get rid of BP and their BS and let some american companies go in and take over and fix this disaster. At least we have the motivation to get the job done. Then send BP the bill....This isnt off their shores, they dont care how long this goes on.....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

(Apologies for taking so long to get back to this!) I'm not sure what happened. Company man & 1 or 2 other posters were/ are certain that mud/ concrete were being pumped at that time, but the actual (or official?) top kill had NOT started at that point.

Last acct (30 mins ago about?), the live feed (& that's apparently a reach/ bs) had been cut & not really any updates. I'm off to look for more...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Aside from the article speaking VOLUMES about BP's attitude toward safety & responsibility, you bring up a very interesting point:
Leasing from WHOM? I *think* it was Blanca Rose who pointed out (& that sounded correct to me) that the DWH was in international waters. The Maconda filed belongs to BP (primarily), Brazil (Petrobas?) & I want to say, Japanese interests. Who ARE they leasing the mineral rights from?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
holy # live feed is showing the real "leak" right now!!! oh my god this is scary beyond words. or is this just the top kill in action?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Wuwei]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wuwei
holy # live feed is showing the real "leak" right now!!! oh my god this is scary beyond words. or is this just the top kill in action?

yah is anyone paying attention to the feed? Either Top kill looks just like a leak or the f***ed up.

Live Feed

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Vicious Jones]

link   
Since they have to attach the drill pipe to the well head to pressure grout the mud and cement down the well, why not just let the oil flow up drill pipe instead and onto tanker ships for the time being?

link   
reply to post by KINGKONG

This is as close as I can get at the moment

gcaptain.com...

Wuwel, which live feed are you looking at? (praying it's not a windows one/ bp.com. I can't get)
ETA Cancel that. I see it. I read earlier that mud/ concrete will come out lighter. It COULD be the lighting, but since what is coming out is not black/ dark, MAYbe it is from the top kill?
I HOPE!!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wuwei

I belive that is just the disperse agent.....If your talking about the live cam from BP.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There is TONS of something spewing out into the ocean right now on the live feed...

I don't know if it is the mud or oil or a mixture but it is a greater volume of fluid 5 or 10 fold than I have seen the entire time I've been watching these feeds.

Anyone have any insight?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Charlieslies88

Is THIS what you're seeing? EST 4:55 +/-
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85bea33c9118.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks worse?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
That is exactly what I was seeing.

The feeds I was seeing previously looked to be about the size of one of those individual plumes, but darker in color. I am unable to tell if this is an expected result of pumping the mud, or if something went wrong.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken, the video shown now, shows the leak spewing out of the holes in the kinked riser pipe that is just above the BOP. This is where it folded over and collapsed.

This leak is small compared to the amount coming out of the broken end of the riser pipe that we saw earlier. It is just a closer view.

The mud is supposed to be denser than the water so if this was mud I would expect it to be falling back down and covering the top of the BOP & bent riser we are looking at.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Yes that's the one I'm watching. but through one of thos mms: links someone posted on one of the previous pages

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join