It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
If the top kill attempt fails they will continue to drill the relief well in attempt to cut off the supply to the damaged well.

If all else fails, I think they will try the top hat system maybe this time they will figure out a way to keep the ice from clogging it up.

If worse comes to worse and the hole keeps getting bigger they will have to build a bigger containment box. It might not stop all the oil, but if they can set it over the flow and then they can start pumping.

However, they still wont have a proper blow out preventer in place.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Sparky63]

The same drilling outfit did the same blow out of a well for Mexico in 1997 .. and it was in shallow water (but was this same deposit) ... and it took 9 months to stop the flow!

Same Pocket of Gas Rich Oil tapped and containment lost in 1997 ... same company doing the drilling!

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixtoc_I_oil_spill]On Wiki

Now you may breath a sigh of relief .. after you watch this GREEN Solution Video:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA9oM6DOuEw&playnext_from=TL&videos=Cx8HWcb4hYk&feature]This creature eats hydrocarbons, and then goes dormant!

I have to stop putting this stuff over and over in the thread, I will get a redundancy warning!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangotemper
reply to post by Wuwei

I THINK that we're seeing the line that will pump the concrete/mud slurry into the broken pipe. It seems to be at a slightly higher altitude to the main black cloud of oil spill, but if you look carefully at the haze in the background, every now and then you catch a glimpse of the black oil still rising. I think we're waiting until the ship crew are ready to start pumping slurry, then we'll see more manoeuvrings of the delivery nozzle into position. FWIW.

Yea that dark haze in the background. You could very well be right. It sounds a lot more plausible than if they had already capped it. Sadly. Thanks for offering that explanation.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VioletDawn
The BP one has been on, it's just really cloudy.

I think maybe they are testing for tomorrow morning's top kill. And they seem to have a few cameras out there that they switch the feed between.

Why aren't they blowing it closed with explosives? I thought I heard a small nuke would do the trick.

as someone who lives right near this thing, i should hope they don't resort to using nukes until they've tried everything else!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by VioletDawn]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by VioletDawn]

There is real hope ... it sounds very good anyway!!

They should try this GREEN Solution!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
Peruse this one - what if the they hit the New Madrid fault? I'm not saying they did, but what if they did?

i3.photobucket.com...

That idea is being tossed about, to be sure!
It was on this site .. but I don't have the address right now.

seminal.firedoglake.com...
seminal.firedoglake.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Brianman posted these on the closed thread.....

www.cnn.com...

www.bp.com...

He posted that these two different sources are listed as being the same camera, and the same times, but with different footage!

ETA: I just checked them out, and they do seem to be different.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by butcherguy]

Gotta love CNN -- We're not allowed to see the feed as we're not in a permitted area.

Brilliant, oh it wont affect anywhere else now that CNN tell us we're not included.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Getting a tad exciting now peeps! Is this my reward for watching hours of boring as bat - er poo footage?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
BP is working on a massive machine right now. Never seen anything like it. I don't know what it is but it seems like they're lowering it to the seabed. It's friggin' huge.

Anybody know what this machine is?

LiveFEED: mms://a246.l9789246245.c97892.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/246/97892/v0001/reflector:46245

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I have seen a bot go by, or two, and they seem to have a grip on that long slender object ...

Occasionally the black in the background, and methane ices going by ....

AH ... here comes something that looks somewhat significant!!

www.wkrg.com...
www.cnn.com...

Two different cameras ... but same scene!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The cams show now the same stream with a 5 minute difference. The BP is more "live" then the CNN.

What is that piece of hardware, and why do they clean it?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I think according to their website, they were going to run some pressure tests on the several portions of the riser to see if it would withstand the next couple of days pumping. Possibly this machine will do the testing, or even better, start pumping that concrete slurry.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Theorist ... are you also in Chat ... any ideas? ...

That slender gizmo seems to need to interface with this unit somehow ... or not ... just guessing ...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
T why do they clean it?

Checking for damage on the way down, or possibly to ensure that any crap doesn't interfere with a possible seal? As in pressure seal, rather than any aquatic wildlife.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

Yeah I'm in chat. =) Join me.

And I don't know what it is. It's weird, whatever it is.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Oh, I think I am too newbie to go to chat ... I just thought someone over there might have info. Thanks tho...

Cleaning .. who would of thought .. ... Must have collected lots of something on the way down .. methane ice?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Possibly. Feed went down and switched. This one I KNOW is live. Looks like they're beginning the top kill procedure!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think this thing that we are seeing right now is the top kill manifold? I'm not 100% sure on that though. It does kinda looks like it in this pic

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretUsername

I think you're right. I think the top kill is underway now! Here's to hoping!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
How long do these lapses usually last?

You suppose they do not want to show the unit being attached to the pipe?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

You have to reload the link - it's the only thing that has worked for me.

If you're watching the bp link, you may want to try loading this into your browser - it's a couple of seconds ahead of the bp footage.

mms://a246.l9789246245.c97892.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/246/97892/v0001/reflector:46245

[edit on 26-5-2010 by tangotemper]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
mms://a246.l9789246245.c97892.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/246/97892/v0001/reflector:46245

Direct line to the feed. Its live.

And top kill underway!

Let us hope BP defies the odds and SUCCEEDS!

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join