It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMR doctor Andrew Wakefield awaits punishment verdict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

The doctor who first suggested a link between MMR vaccinations and autism is to find out whether he will be punished by the medical regulator. The General Medical Council is due to decide if Dr Andrew Wakefield is guilty of serious professional misconduct. If found guilty, the regulator could impose sanctions, such as striking him off the medical register.

Link to source

Today is likely to be the final event in the General Medical Council's persecution of Dr Andrew Wakefield driving home the message that you don't mess with Big Pharma and their lucrative crusade of vaccination and prescription drugs.

The MSM has loudly echoed the case against Dr Wakefield and mostly ignored any evidence in his favor. This recent interview with Dr Mercola goes some way to addressing this issue.

Why Medical Authorities Went to Such Extremes to Silence Dr. Andrew Wakefield (articles.mercola.com)

Says Dr. Wakefield:
“… I decided that I was going to review all of the safety studies about measles and measles-containing vaccines because if I was going to challenge the status quo and say things that might have an adverse effect on vaccine uptake, I had to know what I was talking about.

So I read all the papers, and I was absolutely appalled with the quality of the safety studies of the single [measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines], and the combined MMR vaccine in particular.”

His research led him to write a 250-page report, concluding that he could not support the use of the combined three-in-one MMR vaccine. It simply was not safe.

This recommendation was made public during a press conference in February of 1998, at which time single vaccines were still available in the UK. But in order to protect MMR vaccine policy, in September of that same year, the British government withdrew the importation license for the single measles vaccine, leaving parents without any choice – they either had to vaccinate their children with the triple MMR vaccine, or not vaccinate.

The result? A decline in vaccination, and an increase in measles outbreaks… But rather than acknowledging the lack of safe options, Dr. Wakefield was singled out as an “anti-vaccine advocate” whose recommendations caused a decline in children being vaccinated, and hence responsible for the increase in measles.

In the years after his initial controversial finding, linking the MMR vaccine to Crohn’s disease and autism, he published another 19 papers on the vaccine-induced disorder.

All were peer reviewed. However, strangely enough, none of these 19 papers are ever discussed in the media. The only study that keeps seeing the light of day is the original study from 1998, along with the original questions about conflicts of interest, which he explains in great detail in this interview.

This is very interesting indeed, because not only has he continued his own studies, but since then, a large number of replication studies have been performed around the world, by other researchers, that confirm his initial findings.

Says Wakefield:
“… it’s been replicated in Canada, in the U.S., in Venezuela, in Italy… [but] they never get mentioned. All you ever hear is that no one else has ever been able to replicate the findings.

I’m afraid that is false.”

Dr Wakefield has been tried by both the GMC and the MSM and found guilty. But it's our children who will be punished.

new topics

join