Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New Techology called Cloud Power

page: 1

join

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Thou I do not yet know how to link a story to this I am sure there's someone that can find the story to link it easily enough. I saw this information on Fox news last Friday.

There is a new Techology called 'Cloud Power' It can work two ways.
One, say you got to work and realized you forgot your files on your Laptop at home. You can have or get an account with say, Hotmail or Yahoo, sign in and link up to 'Cloud Power' and go to your Laptop remotely and retrieve your wanted files.

Another way to do it is buy the 'Cloud Power Server' and bring it with you anywhere you go and you can gain acces to your computer-s- from bascially anyway.

As with any new wonder..technology there's always a dark side too..human nature can sometimes suck..heh. The part about it being able to remotely get into your computer from anywhere with your account or Server. I can imagine where's there's a will there's always a way for a hacker to find a way to get in new tech. I hope inventors place plenty of safe guards with it. And people that buy this new gadget, I hope they find a way to make sure they are not remotely hacked.

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sorry, I can't find anything on it. Maybe try the Fox News website?
Is this technology from Google? I think I may of heard of it too

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
How would that work if your computer is off? Lol.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SentientBeyondDesign

If I remember correctly, anything on your computer can upload to a database and you can access it from there

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I've been using TightVNC for a few years. It allows you to use your computer remotely. But it has the disadvantage of requiring that your computer be powered on, at least in sleep mode.

Getting TightVNC or other remote access software setup and working can be challenging though, I'm glad to see an easier solution available.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I think what you are referring to is "Cloud Computing", it’s been around for a while, but only recently has started to see common use.

Here is the link for it on wiki: Link

Basically, you store your files on a remote server instead of on a local hard drive. It’s not really new, just in the past wasn't really practical.

In all honesty I thought by the name of the thread that it was going to be about generating electric power from a cloud... I am really disappointed...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by halfmask]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Cloud power! I don't want to be rude, but I have to admit this one gave me a good laugh first thing Monday morning.

Anyway, as a more polite member pointed out previously - cloud computing is not a new technology.

I know not everyone is a geek like me, so I can imagine the confusion that marketing departments have caused: "Buy Our New Computer Cloud9! Its got Cloud Power!"

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I watched Fox and Cnn news on same day..thought it was on Fox. If I knew how to link upload here I would...soon I hope. But I did find it on CNN.com I put in the search engine Cloud Power Technology and on there on right hand side it has the article from May 13th 2010. The real-time appilcation...seems they did some tweeking on this tech so it may had been around for awhile but they been trying to improve it.

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

reply to post by JesseMayday

join