It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells military: prepare for North Korea aggression

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I have spent a lot of time analyzing WWII, do you have any idea how much longer the war would have went on if America never helped?

I am not pro-America, I think they turned evil as all great powers do.
But I can't ignore history. Your comments reflect a revisionist bias, that is highly anti-American, which I understand. But don't let your emotional bias change history for you.

As for the North Korean issue, this could turn ugly very fast, especially if Americans get killed, in a NK attack.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Equally if Britian had not decalred war on Japan in support of our American allies following the attack on Pearl harbour would we have been dragged into that mess, splitting our forces and breaking the back of the Empire.

This is the issue I actually see facing the US right now.. what with North Korea AND the Middle East.. it'd only take one more event to break the back of America in the same way Britains back was broken..

I have to admit to being deeply concerned on the direction we appear to be heading.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JWash
It's about 8:30am 05/26/10 when news came out about 4 NKorean 300-ton-class submarines are simply missing!! SKorea are saying that NKorea's subs whereabouts are unknown.... for the last 2days.
Read for more info

It might be part of the SKorean/U.S. anti-sub exercise? Or perhaps it's not a drill(cover for op)?

Do we always know where all the subs in the world are at any given moment though? Surely that's one of the main advantages of a sub
Some NK subs "vanishing" just doesn't strike me as odd as that's what they're meant to do - unless it's really unusual for SK to NOT know where they are.....which can't be true because they didn't know it was a sub that sank their ship straight away!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bair1975
reply to post by and14263

Please.... grant me the knowledge of your country of birth? So I can cut and paste some downfalls in your country's history.... Just to keep an even playing field...... I can't see the whole picture from a stone thrower until I know where his glass house resides.... I'm really good at internet arts and crafts also...... can't wait!

Only the first link was to do with history. If you re-read my post you'll see I was just showing you that, in my opinion you need to open your mind... I showed you a side of things I thought you'd not seen.

My country of birth matters not one bit to me, I hold no pride in being from where I am from, it benefits me not. Please, re-read my post to you, you will see that I obviously care not for patriotism nor pride. Sure, I love the soil I walk upon, as a planet, but the country? The boundaries? The things created by the people who want to control me? The idea I should be emotional about the place I was born? I can't roll with that, you obviously can.

You must be mistaken if you think this is about 'slaying one's motherland'.

Must it be about sporting one's flag and playing the better than you game? Or could we all just get along fine... no matter where we were born?

Deny ignorance fellow forum dwellar.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by and14263]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Without going through All the above. I'd like to know how the 'UN' came up with proof the SK vessel was hit with an NK torpedo?

I mean, before the start of WW3 and possible world annihilation, don't all parties need to show the proof NK was responsible?

I assume they were. But the implication of a fight between North and South Korea and China and Russia and the USA and it all may go BALLISTIC. So I'm very pissed the facts from the UN have not been made available to world public; or have not been easy to find to verify by the world public.

Suppose it's all a matter of where China feels it may side? After reading some stuff at PC, seems possible stuff's being considered for awhile now about China.
'Why can't we all get along'?

Decoy

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

South Korea protesters rally against Pyongyang

Thousands of protesters have gathered in Seoul to denounce North Korea's threats against the South, amid heightened tensions between the two countries.

One protester Shin Hae-Sik, expressed his anger at the North which is blamed for sinking a South Korean war ship in March.

"Our people are outraged about the sinking of Cheonan. We're here to show our will to punish the North and make Kim Jong-il aware of the situation."

news.bbc.co.uk...
there is a video on the link

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IanC99000310

Originally posted by ziggy1706
obama is a WOOS
all talk and no play makes jack a dull boy
your talking about a president who bowed to the chinese months ago!
bet at least if this was BUSH, wede already have bombed north koreas big mouth shut or any other preisdent or that matter. show the world we dont take it, america respnds without flintching

This statement proves why the British Should never have let you feign INDEPENDANCE.

America can not go round bullying nations, The world has started to wake up... There is no financial gain in setting all the people of the world free to have a war when TPTB have spent the last 50-60 years gaining control.

I think it's very hard to say who benefits from war so much, but I know that there is a strong desire to be #1 and stay there once war has begun. If you become one of the weaker ones, your country will get "bullied." So, it seems to me that war is, by definition, a quest for total domination by one country or group of countries. It'd be easier to "get along" and form a coalition of superpowers to rule, but the governments of those countries operate on sometimes very different policies. So, instead of saying "Together we can rule the world"...it can be that neither wants to co-operate. That, I think, slows down progress to a NWO. If you're a dictator with nukes who abhors the American way of life, it seems clear to me that you wouldn't give up your own throne to share it with "those types".

Einstein said that the 4th world war will be fought with sticks and stones. This, of course, implies an inevitable war after the one that nearly kills us all. I don't know how war could be eradicated. Remember growing up that there was fighting in school and worse. Kids shout and yell and throw fits and fight. Most of us grow out of that, but not all of us. All it takes is one person to try to take over the world to eventually come close or succeed (or a group, family, etc).

So, how do you 'weed' those people out in society to have universal peace? It seems impossible to know how to do that without being wrong (assuming you cared if you were). Maybe that is why the world is run mostly by sociopaths: a lot of them don't care about the majority of the worst off of the world's population. It sounds cruel, but remember that anyone using a computer or phone could be paying for very many children to eat in a poor country.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Fun, fun, fun! Um...when you're insane, every day must seem like a joyous, wonderous thing. And since this whole nation is completely insane, I guess I could self-medicate and join in. Or...nah.

If we go to war with one more nation, I think I will lose it. Not in a "postal" way. More like an evil-hippy way. I think I might slash some tires, fire bomb a gas station (when no one is there of course -- I'm not down with physical violence).

Although, driving past the BP that just had a GRAND RE-OPENING gave me blood lust, I must say I'm cognizant of the fact that the people who run that station are most likely franchise-slaves to the larger BP conglomerate - allowed to use the pretty, deceptive acronym (British Penetration, was it?) and equally deceptive colo(u)r scheme (Oh...BRAZILIAN Petroleum) and are probably forced to pay some contractual per-tanker amount that leaves them with very little at the end of the month.

I don't want to harm a small business, but why did they chose that business in the first place?

No. The best way to really eff ish up is with your words. Vocal Violence is the way to do it, I've decided.

But then, the people think you're another nut on the street corner with your "End is Nigh, Repent" sign (even though I mean it in a non-Revelations-y way). I suppose I could burn a flag, I guess, but then I'd probably get my skull pummeled. And spending Memorial Day in the ER just doesn't sound like fun at all!

What is one to do?

**Disclaimer: Firebombing a gas station is dangerous. Kids, do not try it! It will get you in trouble and you could get hurt! Also, to the authorities: it's called sardonicism. Have a sense of black humor, will ya?!

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Sphota]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The United States is planning to send aircraft carrier USS George Washington to link up with the South Korean navy in a joint military exercise near North Korea. The show of force is scheduled to begin June 8 in the Yellow Sea, ABC News reported today.

www.google.com...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Im not worried. This whole thing has completely blown over. Thats the great thing about time...it allows cooler heads to prevail. Nothing is going to come of the exercise on the 8th.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Probably correct, but little things are nice to know, in case anyone else wasn't aware of the big boats presence in this event... just passing knowledge around, kinda like a news pez-dispenser.....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
And its much appreciated!!! Things have been quiet so any news on whats going on is good.

Originally posted by freetree64
reply to post by princeofpeace

Probably correct, but little things are nice to know, in case anyone else wasn't aware of the big boats presence in this event... just passing knowledge around, kinda like a news pez-dispenser.....

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hey all,

If it happens. North Korea first (US/Britain). Iran Second(Israel). Pakistan (possibly) third(Israel). ?
It all has to be done with one blow. And needs Russia/China look-away approvals. Perhaps Turkey/India's Okie dokie too?

Decoy

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i want to state that this is entirely my own opinion i provide no facts just my personal opinion so that being stated bear with me:

i find it highly unlikely that russia and china will form any kind of defence pact they almost went nuclear during the cold war and have had numerious border conflics(from what i have read) russia=warry of china china= warry of russia while they bolth dont exactly like us china does like our money for the time being atleast and every one seems to be forgetting to add india any where in this list? i know things have been RELITIVELY quiet between them and pakistan but they dont exactly like eachother and india from what little i know of world events in that region is usualy more frendly to the west then the east and india and china (in my opinion) dont seem to get along all that well and arent there something like 1.2 billion of them now? so if it realy were to go global they would have to pick a side and i dont see it being russia or china(again my own opinion and not based in any facts i can show you)so while i watch these events unfoloding around the world i agree ww3 is a possiblity but not a high one as every one seems to think the world its self and its various power countrys would all have waaaaaaaaay to much to loose especialy IF(again no evidence to support it just my opinion) india were to pick a western side that kinda seems to negate chinas man power that would keep us all out of ww3 as no one wants to take the risk of unleashing chinese or indian manpower in the areas

sorry for all the horrible spelling never was good at writeing but thats my opinion? any opinions of my opinion will be greatly apreciated and responded to with respect and decency and if im wrong i would love to be shown wrong as in atleast i will learn something in the process! thank you and good day

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join