It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells military: prepare for North Korea aggression

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

So this talk about working on the "fight or flight" response in a good light isn't a form of war-mongering?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The Cheonan sinking is unacceptable, no matter what power struggle may be taking place in North Korea. So Kim may be having a struggle with his military leaders, but that does not make an excuse for what happened. Some form of retaliation is necessary.

The South Koreans were no where near North Korean waters and patrolling in their own. It was a ghastly provocation by the North. They deserve a bloody nose for this one, and not harsh words of condemnation. Forty-six sailors where blindsided and killed in the safety of their own territorial waters. The South Korean investigators confirmed that the weapons used in the sinking of that vessel are from North Korean armaments. It was not a US led investigation, but one completed by an international team who analyzed the evidence. Therefore, the false-flag theorists are going to have to sit this one out as far as I am concerned.

No one in their right mind would stage a war on the Korean Peninsula, because the ramifications would be catastrophic for all involved, if not the world.

Who ever is in control of North Korea has taken this war of words into dark territory and potential armed conflict. Those attacked have every right to respond militarily to this attack. I hope they can work this out diplomatically, because war on the Korean Peninsula is every military planners worst nightmare. We think the casualties levels were high in Iraq, but if this thing goes hot, expect an ocean of flag draped coffins heading home. The First Korean War was a nightmare, and no doubt the next will be even worse. Especially, with the technological advancements in warfare. Why is China not doing anything to put a muzzle on its puppy? That is a mystery to me? They not only threaten SK, the US, and Japan with an unstable leadership, but threaten China, because of nuclear weapons. Perhaps, they want the US to get bogged down in another Korean bloodbath?

They broke the terms of the Armistice of 1953, but they have done so before.

Korean Demilitarized Zone

The armistice agreement explains exactly how many military personnel and what kind of weapons are allowed in the DMZ. Soldiers from both sides may patrol inside the DMZ, but they may not cross the MDL. Sporadic outbreaks of violence due to North Korean hostilities killed over 500 South Korean soldiers and 50 U.S. soldiers along the DMZ between 1953 and 1999.

en.wikipedia.org...-4

However, this recent act is the boldest incident I have seen in quite awhile. Moreover, it seems the North Koreans are always shaking the stick at either Japan, South Korea, or the United States? They are provoking an armed response against them. Always pushing the envelope. I was taught when you play with matches you are bound to get burned. Hopefully, the Generals and Kim realize that.

War should be the last alternative, because it is going to be a horrendous affair. The carnage will be on par with WW2 or the First Korean War. Mass military and civilian casualties on both sides. Here is the war scenario devised by the ROK and US forces, if and when North Korea launches a full scale assault on the South.

OPLAN 5027 Major Theater War - West

If war is to occur, it will be a bloodbath unseen since probably World War II. This time nuclear weapons will have a more prominent role, if the conflict becomes more than the US and Allies can bare. Still, given what has transpired with the sinking of that ship, South Korea and its Allies have the right to retaliate. Given the escalations of tensions over there, it is only reasonable for the President to put US Forces on high alert, until this thing hopefully blows over.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Wow a new found respect for you, a Milton Cooper quote bravo seriously...but if you did listen to what he says you would know that we don't live in the reality we thought we were.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
reply to post by Skellon

So this talk about working on the "fight or flight" response in a good light isn't a form of war-mongering?

That was a fact.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

US, South Korea to test military forces

The us and sk are about to have military exercises, this really irritates kim jong irrrrr

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A couple of good articles on the BBC

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by area6
The last thing the US wants is a war in Korea. The big game is in the Middle East where the oil is. That's all that matters at this point.

If the Cheonan sinking is a false flag, it was done by China. They have the most to gain ...

1) They weaken the US with yet another war
2) They take advantage of the aggression by strengthening ties with Iran et al in the Middle East to gain better access to oil

And they don't even have to get involved other than trickling weapons into NK. It's classic divide and conquer. Let your enemies weaken themselves.

The game's chess not checkers.

I would have to agree with your opinion on this.

Let's not forget, the US did a number on China over the oil contract bid in Iraq.

The US wanted to put a leader into Iran so they could yet again control the oil access, ergo shut off China's supply in Iran.

Africa is the covert war. It is hardly mentioned yet it is one of the richest continents in natural resources and the 3 main players all have a stake in it.

The Global Warming campaign is already taking its toll on its intended target, the third world. This is international pressure to modernise the third world in efficiency for the sake of 'saving the planet'. Who will be payed for the modernisation? The exact same countries pushing them to do so and in return they will pocket yet more contracts/claims/cuts of those nation's resources.

"Nothing in life is free"

I am not stating that this tension is the cause of the future WW3, I was discussing what could occur if this was the case.

The future 'battlefields' include the Middle East, Asia, Africa, South America and the Antarctic in my opinion.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

The last thing the US wants is a war in Korea. The big game is in the Middle East where the oil is. That's all that matters at this point.

If the Cheonan sinking is a false flag, it was done by China. They have the most to gain ...

1) They weaken the US with yet another war
2) They take advantage of the aggression by strengthening ties with Iran et al in the Middle East to gain better access to oil

And they don't even have to get involved other than trickling weapons into NK. It's classic divide and conquer. Let your enemies weaken themselves.

The game's chess not checkers.

As soon as I read this a song from high school musical popped into my head but with a twist....their all in this together.

Again It's a game play it wisely.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If the US is to play this wisely and not get bogged down and diverted, they only have 2 possible responses if Korea heats up.

It's either massive shock and awe to finish it quick or put the brunt of the fighting onto South Korea with armament support. I would guess the latter.

I would also guess that truthfully NK right now is thinking "What the h is going on here?!" ... I'd like to see some credible info from inside NK on what they are really thinking about all this.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

lol That's the last place anyone is getting any information from unless they go there and let's face it they will end up in prison like those 2 reporters.. Or journalists

[edit on 24-5-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
reply to post by area6

lol That's the last place anyone is getting any information from unless they go there and let's face it they will end up in prison like those 2 reporters.. Or journalists

[edit on 24-5-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

Ha, I agree ... NK will never say they "couldn't" defend themselves with subs and torpedos, the same way Saddam couldn't admit weakness and prove absolutely he didn't have WMDs.

Rook takes pawn.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

on the contrary, i think he did prove on numerous occasions he didnt have WMD... there were many signs and reports saying he had nothing... TPTB hyped the # out of it for obvious reasons...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

"Saddam couldn't admit weakness and prove absolutely he didn't have WMDs." Don't agree with this at all but that's just one man's opinion.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I agree ... but the point is it's very difficult for a country to admit weakness, especially when they are weak. They have to have a loud bark when there is no bite.

NK will not say "sorry, we screwed up" or "we don't have the capability to have done this".

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There will be no war , Its all mind games , I have a better chance if getting laid tonight . I bet that if north Korea does not take blame for the south Korean ship 50% chance a war does not take place . If they come on out and say ...Ya they did sink it....I bet a war is on then

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by TheCoffinman

I agree ... but the point is it's very difficult for a country to admit weakness, especially when they are weak. They have to have a loud bark when there is no bite.

NK will not say "sorry, we screwed up" or "we don't have the capability to have done this".

But it would be fun;

"The people of North Korea apologise unconditionally and with the greatest remorse for the sinking of your ship, our stealth psy black ops mini sub with cutting edge technology was occupied by an intoxicated operator, but hey, s*it happens".

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that this sounds eerily like the Gulf of Tonkin???

Prepare for N. Korean aggression??? How about N. Korea preparing for American aggression???

I find it interesting how N. Korea isn't in any wars, but, America is constantly in wars with EVERYONE to save THEIR stinking economy. Seems a little predictable...doesn't it?

Don't keep falling for this crap. How many times can you be fooled before you finally figure it out? America is trying to save their economy in a power grab against anyone that they can profit from.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
Has anyone noticed that this sounds eerily like the Gulf of Tonkin???

Prepare for N. Korean aggression??? How about N. Korea preparing for American aggression???

I find it interesting how N. Korea isn't in any wars, but, America is constantly in wars with EVERYONE to save THEIR stinking economy. Seems a little predictable...doesn't it?

Don't keep falling for this crap. How many times can you be fooled before you finally figure it out? America is trying to save their economy in a power grab against anyone that they can profit from.

Totally agree with the motive.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

I stared you because I agree somewhat...I don't believe it's about money, It's about power/control.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

With money comes power and control for sure. But ultimately, you are correct!!!

I will star you as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join