It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells military: prepare for North Korea aggression

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Obama tells military: prepare for North Korea aggression

news.yahoo.com

President Barack Obama has directed the U.S. military to coordinate with South Korea to "ensure readiness" and deter future aggression from North Korea, the White House said on Monday.

The United States gave strong backing to plans by South Korean President Lee Myung-bak to punish North Korea for sinking one of its naval ships, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
So the rhetoric from the South Korean-U.S side keeps increasing with every single day. We can only speculate as to whether this rhetoric would lead to any form of military conflict (limited or otherwise) between the two Koreas. Now there has been border skirmishes and verbal accusations between the two Koreas in the past and the situation calmed down eventually. However, this time a South Korean warship has been destroyed (false flag or otherwise) and the corporate MSM is increasing the propaganda efforts that could possibly imply a different and unprecedented course of events.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Just read that on Reuters. We live in interesting times. Looks like things are heating up. This isn't the same old same old.

Also there was a skirmish only a week ago. South Korea fired 2 shots @ a North Korean patrol boat. news.bbc.co.uk...

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Am I just nit-picking?

I just read the article. It was posted at 2 am EDT 5/24/2010 (Monday). According to the article, the White House statement was made on Monday. So the statement was issued between midnight and 2 am? I wouldn't be so picky if the dateline was Seoul, because it's been Monday for a lot longer there than it has been here in Washington, DC.

It also references a statement from Robert Gibbs. When was the statement made? According to the White House's website, the last statement or release was President Obama's weekly address on Saturday. The last listed for Robert Gibbs was a press briefing on Friday.

So is this article in response to things that will happen later today, which would point to Reuters having advance knowledge? Or is it just a poor choice of words?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Try as I can, I cannot see any possible advantage for the US in a new Korean war. The nation is already struggling with everything from oil slicks to the economy to two quagmire-wars...somehow I don't think this is a US provaracation. The nation's military and budget are spread too thin to cope with another major conflict. Also, relations with China are dicey and something tells me a US war in the area wouldn't make the nation's chief creditor too happy.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
obama is a WOOS
all talk and no play makes jack a dull boy
your talking about a president who bowed to the chinese months ago!
bet at least if this was BUSH, wede already have bombed north koreas big mouth shut or any other preisdent or that matter. show the world we dont take it, america respnds without flintching

+29 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
obama is a WOOS
all talk and no play makes jack a dull boy
your talking about a president who bowed to the chinese months ago!
bet at least if this was BUSH, wede already have bombed north koreas big mouth shut or any other preisdent or that matter. show the world we dont take it, america respnds without flintching

This statement proves why the British Should never have let you feign INDEPENDANCE.

America can not go round bullying nations, The world has started to wake up... There is no financial gain in setting all the people of the world free to have a war when TPTB have spent the last 50-60 years gaining control.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I hope some common sense breaks out, but with Nobama in charge sense is anything but common.

As stated on other threads and post SK is not going to be a pushover. This could get really ugly if that dying megalomaniac Kim really wants war.

S&F

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I fear we're witnessing the beginning stages of WW-III to be honest. The last time we got involved in the Korea war, we ended up toe-to-toe with the Chinese. That was during a time when China was considered by many to be an inferior country militarily. This time around, they may have the home field advantage against us. Sheer numbers alone over-powered us last time. If it happens again, this time, they hold the good hand.

We owe China so much money, their military seriously dwarfs ours, and now they're damn near just as technologically advanced. Yeah, this will spiral out of control VERY quickly. This worries me.

That being said, South Korea has the right to defend itself. And they're allies to us. I really don't like where this is headed.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus65

No, this isn't unusual--for everything is so well choreographed with them these days...

As the OP points out, some thinking is that the NK sinking a ship of the SK is a false flag.

All during the China World Expo? With HC in town?

My gut tells me something is up; other than addressing the wars he "was given by Bush," I can't recall this Commander-in-Chief using this sort of strong military language (unless you count his NWO/terrorism speech a week ago).

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Intresting read, if not unsuprising. Obama just reiterated our policy towards the defense of S. Korea. As far as Gibb's statment, its entirely possible it was a press release. The article doesnt say it occured at a white house briefing.

As far as a flase flag operation.. Some people get way to paranoid at times. Dont you think if it were a false flag operation China would be backing N. Korea instead of talking about sanctions. Also, as you Europeans are fond of pointing out about how we go it alone, the investigation was a joint investigation. Aside from us it included S. Korea, Britain, Austrailia and a few others..

Why would Europe going along with a "False Flag" operation that could potentially drag them into a bloody war? Plus, North Korea will be the one to start it, not us. This will go to the U.N. at which point Kim will either have to stand by his rhetoric about going to war if they went to the UN for sanctions, or he will be done via coup for not following up his actions, showing the generals he is powerless.

I'm curious if this is linked into the deployment of the reserve units from 5 states.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
As another member here said, chinas military dwarfs us...another reason for america to let the world know whos the boss*
rather than not showing its arms and at leat fighting* you dotn tstand up you will be taken advantage of* thats my point*

+6 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Found this on another site and found it interesting.

Now that the UN is asking for a look at the evidence for the sinking, the US is admitting the torpedo debris from the sinking comes from a GERMAN torpedo, but we are supposed to somehow assume that a German torpedo still points the finger of blame at North Korea.

Pop Quiz, students; what nation gets their submarines (for free) from Germany and has a long history of using false flag dirty tricks to trick other nations into wars?

Hint: Think "USS Liberty", "Lavon Affair", and the Bombing of Libya!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrafax
Found this on another site and found it interesting.

Now that the UN is asking for a look at the evidence for the sinking, the US is admitting the torpedo debris from the sinking comes from a GERMAN torpedo, but we are supposed to somehow assume that a German torpedo still points the finger of blame at North Korea.

Pop Quiz, students; what nation gets their submarines (for free) from Germany and has a long history of using false flag dirty tricks to trick other nations into wars?

Hint: Think "USS Liberty", "Lavon Affair", and the Bombing of Libya!

An invalid argument without direct proof. Israel has in the past sold weapons to countries who are embargoed, including advancced US technology. Iran does the same thing, and a recent raid in Italy seized several caches of weapons bound for Iran.

link   

Originally posted by astrafax
...the US is admitting the torpedo debris from the sinking comes from a GERMAN torpedo...

Can you provide a source for the above comment...? That's fresh news to me and I'd really like to read about that.

link   
reply to post by astrafax

Could you post site source, please?

If this is true, I am truly sickened (and no wonder the hesitancy on the part of SK!)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
I fear we're witnessing the beginning stages of WW-III to be honest. The last time we got involved in the Korea war, we ended up toe-to-toe with the Chinese. That was during a time when China was considered by many to be an inferior country militarily. This time around, they may have the home field advantage against us. Sheer numbers alone over-powered us last time. If it happens again, this time, they hold the good hand.

We owe China so much money, their military seriously dwarfs ours, and now they're damn near just as technologically advanced. Yeah, this will spiral out of control VERY quickly. This worries me.

That being said, South Korea has the right to defend itself. And they're allies to us. I really don't like where this is headed.

I agree dude. ww3 could be just around the corner. China would rape US imo if they choose to.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

No, I don't think that China would, or could, "rape" us. WW-III will start out as conventional and result in a stalemate. Many will die on both sides. At which point, we'll use nuclear arms against one-another. And that is the end game.

We believe in taking people down with us. It's the way America rolls.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Why is it that every president we ever had either caused a recession or went to war? I don't think this one is an exception

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by order in chaos
So the rhetoric from the South Korean-U.S side keeps increasing with every single day.

It certainly does. This situation is getting rather alarming. We seem to be heading towards WW3.

I do wonder when we'll see some troop movements. There would need to be a few carriers parked near Japan, does anyone have an idea if they're massing troops?

I heard the troops were being massed near Iran, not North Korea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join