It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas Homeowner Pulls Gun on Census Taker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Las Vegas Homeowner Pulls Gun on Census Taker

www.8newsnow.com

Metro Police swarmed a neighborhood near Desert Inn and Pecos Friday afternoon. A second visit by a Census worker intensified at the doorway of a home in that area.

"The Census worker alleges that the homeowner pulled a gun on her. The homeowner, of course, alleges the Census worker was being pushy and pushy and wouldn't leave, and went around the side of the house," Metro Sgt. Ken Romane said. "It was kind of a high priority call the way it came out, so we got here pretty quickly."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Was there this stuff going on during the last census? I don't recall so many reports of such during 2000. Of course, I didn't pay attention to the news really until after 9/11.

The other day a woman gets gunned down by police for pulling a gun on census worker. This homeowner seems to have come out better. I guess it is different laws or something for these jurisdictions.

The census workers have been out for maybe two or three weeks now? And the article indicates census workers will be out for about two more months. That's a lot of time for something else to happen.

After all that the census bureau still wants to conduct a census on this home. It sounds like there's only one person living there. Why not just punch in one and leave it at that? Craziness.

www.8newsnow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The census takers are required to leave when the home owner ask them too. If they don't they can be charged for trespassing.

I don't know the laws in NV but here in MS you can't pull a gun just for trespassing, unless they are a threat to your safety.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

what i love about Texas is that i can walk around on my property with my gun whenever and however i want.

it is when i point it at someone that issues can occur. of course, if i have asked them to leave and they haven't, then i can point it at them.

and i can shoot them the moment i feel threatened. which means they must walk away from me, not towards me.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by SWCCFAN

what i love about Texas is that i can walk around on my property with my gun whenever and however i want.

I wasn't born here but I got here as fast as I could! If you're not Texan, you won't understand.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

it is when i point it at someone that issues can occur. of course, if i have asked them to leave and they haven't, then i can point it at them.

Same here in the Live Free or Die state; been that way forever. Also, a bill was recently introduced which makes it legal to brandish a firearm if one feels threatened.

The exact wordage:

"This bill provides that the mere display of a firearm or other means of self-defense intended to warn away a person making a threat shall not constitute a criminal act."

NH HB 160

We're ahead of most of the nation in regards to 2nd Amendment rights.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There are literally NO gun laws in Nevada. This census worker had it coming though. If your questions have been satisfied LEAVE.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I concur. While I dont care for violence, I do advocate ones rights to defend themselves when THEY deem it needed. The state can always have hindsight, but when someone is breaking my boundries, I dont care for it.

Why should anyone living and paying taxes in this country.

Got the answer to your one question permitted by our Constitution? THEN LEAVE.

Nice and simple.

I wonder how many of these stories are real and how many are BS put out to instill fear into the sheep.

OBEY THE OBAMA AND FED

new topics

top topics

join