It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VIDEO* Gulf Oil Spill Clean Up Solved . . . using Hay. A must see.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
These guys have found a cheap, easy solution to clean up the BP oil spill that is currently devestating the Gulf of Mexico.

VIDEO LINK

What are the chances something like this would actually be implemented without some corporation getting billions to fix the problem? Is this too good to be true? Truly amazing if it could actually work, even more amazing if the government would take this idea and run with it. Something has to be done, is this a way to avert one of the greatest ecological disasters of our lifetime? Watch for yourself.

Edit to Add: I'm not sure how to embed a video that isn't from YouTube, any help with this would be appreciated.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by DrZERO]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Well I must say this works. It would be cheaper than a lot of other things. I don't see any harm in trying it.

They should have contest to see what methods works the best - then give that contract to the winner.. good for the oil, good for the economy.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
wow
who would have thunk it ???

hay as a remedy for an eco-disaster

nice find

but I wonder if there would be
a difference if it was salt water
instead of fresh water???

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Please contribute to the existing discussions here and here.

Thread closed.

Oops I'm not a mod. Carry on then.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The only problem I see right now is the dispersants they are using has emulsified the oil so it is throughout the water colum...

And that is toxic, maybe worse than the oil. I have seen bales of hay on some beaches already. When is the hay harvest? Got to give it a shot!

top topics

join