It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea: North "Will Pay" for Torpedo Attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
the US and the South bomb the border with crates of food. Then the North Korean troops surrender to their SK brothers. Then the South occupies the North. China leaves. The US leaves the whole Korean peninsula. A United Korea stands. United Korea signs an Independent treaty saying they will not ally with either NATO or the SCO. They sign a peace treaty with the US and China.

That looks like a plausible and a less apocalyptic scenario. However, the key here is the Chinese perception of the North Korean elite. If the Chinese are convinced that the North Korean elite is dispensable and that a unified Korea would not act as a military base for U.S/NATO, then the above scenario is quite possible.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
*gulp*

There is no way we'd abandon South Korea after how many Americans fought and died for their freedom not more than 60 years ago.

I smell war.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
[edit on 24-5-2010 by DrChuck]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
One other question , if I may ..

Why is it that we never hear the cry for a New World Order when dealing with NK ?

Every other country that faces the west's cross hairs we always hear how a united world and a new world order are needed to handle the problem . But when the topic turns to NK no one seems to make any such statement ??

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I believe, because we know they'll bite back with a nuke or two.

right?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

I don't think so , for this has been going on for a while now , long before NK had nukes .

I just don't see anything happening over there but more of the same old same old .

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

The US and China will never leave Korea if they help SK win a war. SK will forever be the "female dog" of both countries just as they are now to the US. Not only that I would imagine that both superpowers would not let the other dominate SK. The best course of action is for the 2 Koreas to settle the matter themselves, this will offer them a chance at a pure unadulterated sovereignty, not tasted by the peninsula for the past 5000 years. I believe it was Sun Tzu who said that winning a war with the aid of another army is no better than be conquered by your enemies, your butt will still belong to your lender.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
My uncle fought in the Korean War and he said to me growing up, if WWIII comes about in our lifetime it will start in the Korean Peninsula.

Seriously this is NOT GOOD.

They have been waiting to pull triggers here for decades over and over, the war hasn't ever really ended.

ARG!

OK I am calm now. But last of all things, we need is Kim going out like a bad day bank robber with a WHOLE ARMY and NUKES behind him!

I need to step away from the keys for a moment and read thease articles.

PLEASE!

Yes, North Korea has TESTED a couple of Nukes UNDERGROUND but they have no method of delivering them!

Unless they stuck one in the back of a Jeep and managed to drive it across the border un-detected and set it off.

So North Korea will NOT use Nukes on South Korea, it ain't going to happen!

But, unfortunately, they do have Chemical Weapons which are weapons of mass destruction and if Little Kimmy gets those out, then it won't be a pretty site over there on both sides!

Right, off to get in some beers and turn on Fox News!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Problem - Reaction - Solution = Who is making benefit about it?

My answer is China.

So, am I really only one in ATS who see sinking of Cheonan as Chinese (SCO) made false flag against west and US/Israel?

That has been my opinion over a month now, and I see clearly that China (SCO) and theirs ME partners are only ones who really gets benefit from this escalation. I dont believe that NK would have technology to make this attack and everything I have saw in this conflict back ups this theory.

Why China would camble in Korea against USA and West?

From beginning of this year it has been clear that attack of Iran/Syria/Lebanon has been high on US/EU/Israel agenda. New war to take control the last great Muslim state under Zionist hands would be devastating for Eastern (SCO) coalition and I think China/Russia has well known, where West has been heading there.

- China cant loose ME oil, Russia will not loose Syria, and they both wont like to see US Hegemony in 80% of worlds oil trade and fossile resources...

USA and China bad relations since beginning of this year:
1. Great trading problems
2. Fight from currencies
3. Overwhelming debts
4. USA arming Taiwan
5. Obama meeting Dalai Lama
6. USA thretening Chinese partners in ME/Asia

USA and Russia bad relations since beginning of this year:
1. Missile shield around Russia
2. Kyrgyzstan crisis
3. Afghanistan drug trade and problems
4. USA still supporting renegade Georgia
5. Threats against Russian partners (Syria, Iran, Venezuela, Brazil, Lebanon...)

We have clearly see that main players like India, Turkey and Brazil are now allies of SCO states, and that has guarantee split in world to two different camps.

What happened in Korea, and why now?

I see that sinking of Cheonan was surprise for SK/USA and maybe even to NK. Fueling tensions in Korea, plays tensions down in other parts of the world. I see how this plays to ME hands, because starting two major wars at same time is not possible even to USA and this crisis will stretchen US Army to its limits.

China has been silent and very careful not to condemn sinking of Cheonan, why is that? Russia havent said almost a word about this incident in public - whats also very normal in SCO policies. (Like we saw in Georgian war, China didnt say a word about it in public.)

NK has been ready to wage war in SK - now China, and maybe whole SCO has guarantee their support for NK in case of war, so I see war in Korea is imminent. This war will happen to prevent all out war in Middle East.

Whats also possible is simultanious showdown in Taiwan, but I dont think it will happens soon, if this Korean second war will make what its ment to do - stretch US capabilities and push western economies to great problems. USA havent fight true modern war for long time, and now its Chinese time to give west a harsh lesson whats it all about.

- South Korea is nr 13 in list of richest countries, whats the effect of tis war to western economies and finance.... Devastating.

( What I see in Korea is prelude to WW3 - But thats a long story to tell in this post.)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
NK nuclear test:

www.youtube.com...

= tears

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I think the attack on the South Korean ship is in my mind similar to that of the torpedo attack on "The Sussex" in WW1.. even the media images being sold to the public to enrage public opinion are the same...

and so I would honestly expect a similar kind of threat to come trundling out of the US congress as it did on the Sussex.. and I expect North Korea will come out with a similar pledge as the one Germany gave the US in 1916 over the torpedoing of "The Sussex"

Either way you look at it, it opened the door for the war to be expanded, whilst enraging public opinion.

[edit on 24/5/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Yes, North Korea has TESTED a couple of Nukes UNDERGROUND but they have no method of delivering them!

Unless they stuck one in the back of a Jeep and managed to drive it across the border un-detected and set it off.

So North Korea will NOT use Nukes on South Korea, it ain't going to happen!

Bull#. You talk about sand'n-word's. The north koreans have bombers, they have strategic missiles, they have long range artillery. In formidable numbers. Expect them to use it.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by chase the sun]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
China won't support SK. That would mean supporting the USA. They don't want the USA to gain more control over the region. They don't want a war because the USA would use it as an excuse to get more involved.
In an event of a war China will helps NK as they did in the past, to contain USA's influence.

But who knows... If the USA are to attack Iran, thus getting more power in the east, then maybe it would be wise for China to lure them in a korean war.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
really what did I miss?

Unless I misread this, when they dredged up what was left of the ship they found remnants of the torpedo. Since NK basically uses Chinese and Russian hand-me-downs from 10-20 years ago (and that goes for virtually all of their military), it was as good as a smoking gun. I think SK was praying that the North hadn't done it, but when they discovered that they had someone got royally pissed.

I hear what everyone is saying, but I think the timeline of this strongly supports NK acting unilaterally. SK Destroyer goes down in flames, rumors fly that the North was responsible - SK tells everyone not to jump to conclusions. They announce they're going to recover as much of the wreckage as they can, Kim Jong-Il, who is terminally ill, makes a last-minute trip to Beijing to whatever nefarious end, the South Koreans discover the blast hole and pieces of the torpedo.

In any case it's put up or shut up time. The North has stated time and again that any retribution for this, politically or otherwise, would be a declaration of war. Now we find out that the South has suspended trade with the north, and barred any of their vessels from passing through their waters. Throw in the possibility of U.N. sanctions and N. Korea is up against the proverbial wall. Do they back down and risk losing the fear they've instilled in their own disgruntled and desperate population, or do they roll the dice and go to war?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I doubt that China will let anyone disturb the chinese trade relations with North Korea. North Korea is de facto a chinese protectorate, why should they let any foreign power meddle with their lands and risk a second Taiwan with a land border? It's bad enough already that South Korea is under US influence. China has a veto right in the security council and isn't weak enough to be threatened effectively. They will keep following their own foreign politics.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by chase the sun]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join