It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan soldier killed in Kashmir border firing: military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Pakistan soldier killed in Kashmir border firing: military

www.spacewar.com

A Pakistani soldier was killed Sunday in firing allegedly by Indian troops at the border between the South Asian rivals in disputed Kashmir, Pakistan's military said.

"Pakistan has lodged a strong protest with Indians and demanded an immediate flag meeting," it added.

Indian army spokesman accused Pakistani troops of starting the firing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Another incident at the always tense border area of Kashmir...

Pakistan and India had three wars against each others, two over Kashmir...

Two Indians soldiers were killed around the same area back on May 18, so me thinks this is payback by Indian troops in the area. This is not from top... this is from down the chain of command...

IMO Pakistan knows this. Still, this is dangerous behaviour from soldiers... just kill soldiers over the border for personal payback? I know this is sad and you're pissed when your friends get killed, but you cannot risk a war with your neighbour over personal grudges... IMO they need more discipline... maybe court martial for the soldiers concerned?

I doubt our soldiers here are so reckless...

Or eh, maybe I'm wrong and any soldier or group of soldiers can do whatever the hell they want and bomb the other side with what they have.

www.spacewar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It seems it was quite serious...

Indian, Pakistani armies exchange heavy fire on LoC

In a major incident of ceasefire violation, the Indian and Pakistani armies were engaged in a heavy gunbattle on Sunday along the Line of Control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati in Mendhar area of Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district.

The gunfire duel started after Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian positions in Poonch, about 200 km north of Jammu.

"Pakistani troops opened small arms fire at 9 am. The Indian Army retaliated but soon Pakistanis started firing rockets," a defence spokesperson told IANS.

He said: "The exchange of fire is on."

It was not just small arms fire... it was ROCKETS too... crazy.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You know, people might be afraid of Iran and what they may do if they get nukes, but I'm not. At the very least, Iran just wants to be left the hell alone by the west as the west as #ed with them enough. At the very most, Iran does want to control the entirety of the Middle East. Either way, I don't see them attacking the US.

Some may be afraid of Best Korea, led by the glorious leader Kim Jong. And while Best Korea might not like to believe so, Best Korea's Best Missiles of Ultimate Obliteration created by their glorious leader, at the very most, MIGHT be capable enough to actually get 100 feet off the ground until it falls and blows up in Best Korea's face.

Wanna know something that does scare me? Two nations, with a relatively ambiguous border, that #ing HATE each other, that both have nukes. They won't be nuking the US or anyone other than each other for that matter, but what the hell man, if anything is a powder keg situation, it is THEM.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yea.. well they have backed down from a war-like situation (comparable to the Cuban Missile crisis) in at least 2 occasions (2001 and 2008), and have even fought a limited war (1999) while possessing nuclear weapons.

That shows at least one of them (if not both) have the ability to show restrain when it comes to conventional escalation amounting to nuclear weapons release. Add to that, the fact that one is overwhelmingly superior to the other in all aspects of military warfare (qualitative and quantitative)..

I think both nations deserve some appreciation here.

Secondly, LoC firing has ONLY one objective.
Cover fire to allow insurgents to slip through under the barrage while the border posts are busy returning fire or taking cover..

And we all know which direction the insurgency/militancy injection is taking place in.

new topics

top topics

join