It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Characters in the bible are Black?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Max_TO

Of course! But the site presents an idea that they would darker then most in the Middle East and have more Black Characteristics.

I looked at the site....its all lies based on nothing but opinions. If you want to think hebrews or what ever was black go ahead. but if anything i think they would have a very dark tan. that does not make you black. white people can get VERY dark with a tan.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Actually I'm mixed. But my skin is White in color. I'm not saying any race is better then the other. I'm presenting a idea that many of the figures of the Bible were Black.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I'm not trolling at all. I'm trying to present what to me is belief that the Hebrews in the Bible had black characteristics. Which is possible that they could be Black.

*Snip* Blacks have been doing this for a while now. they keep trying to say jesus was black( he was olive skinned).

this whole theory ties along with afrocentrism. Essentially a bunch of pissed off african people who feel under represented in the world and essentially try to lie and fabricate themselves into important history and culture.

that site you linked to was obviously written by those types of africans. so there is no bias at all...(sarcasm).

There hebrews were not black and do did not have any negroid features. They could be dark skinned...but they were not black.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

It is pointless to argue with someone who can easily get upset about a simple subject. You know how to make a person laugh at your failed attempt to call someone a troll you don't know.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Actually I'm mixed. But my skin is White in color. I'm not saying any race is better then the other. I'm presenting a idea that many of the figures of the Bible were Black.

many figures could have been black. im not denying this. But what im saying is quit saying hebrews were black. there is no proof of this besides opinion(which tend to be african or black peoples opinions).

everyone wants jesus and people in the bible to look like them in some way. Im white and i know he was not caucasion. he was a olive skinned hebrew jew.

chinese christians draw jesus with slanted eyes.....i dont know what it is.

There very most likely was black people in bible times. But the hebrews were not black. and the site you posted was made by pissed of people of african descent....pretty much trying to say hebrews were black....i wonder why? maybe because they WANT hebrews to be black? to be able to say "hebrews were black that means blacks are gods chosen people blah blah blah".

like i said before it ties into afrocentrism. it may not exactly be afrocentrism...but the mentality is the same.

its like a strand of racism. its not outright hate....but its like races fighting over what color of skin important figures are.

its like gay people going around and saying pretty much every important figure in history was gay(abraham lincoln).

its a form of race pride.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

So the way I respond to you is trolling? wow! That is far from being ridiculous.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

You're right on that issue. But I'm not trying to present this thread as racist. You might feel that way.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

You're right on that issue. But I'm not trying to present this thread as racist. You might feel that way.

i know your not. and im not denying that there was not black folks back then. but i just dont agree that hebrews were black. jesus was a hebrew...so he would then have to be black. but then he was said to have been a ugly olive skinned man.

but there is no doubt in my mind that there was black folks during then.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I think the story of Sodom and Gomorrah was in Africa. It says that the people were given many languages and they were made confused. Africa has over 6000 languages. A country the size of Missouri has about 80 different languages and the bordering country the size of Kansas has 70 different languages. Its amazing

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I do not however believe there was ever a black Jesus. He was a short ugly olive skinned jew - That's how the bible describes Him. Not like any of the pictures you see on TV and hanging on peoples living room walls.. that's fairy tale because people don't want to believe Jesus was ugly.

Really? Which bible is that in?

Funny, there's no description of Jesus at all in the New Testament of my Bible.
- Well, except for Revelations description of Jesus as the returned spirit.

its there. and it is funny.....just like afrocentrism is funny.

I guess you like posting nonsense.

There is no description of Jesus in the New Testament apart from that in Revelations, which is a description of what he is expected to look like when he returns.

You telling me it is there means nothing if you can't say where.

Are all your opinions equally "well" researched?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I do not however believe there was ever a black Jesus. He was a short ugly olive skinned jew - That's how the bible describes Him. Not like any of the pictures you see on TV and hanging on peoples living room walls.. that's fairy tale because people don't want to believe Jesus was ugly.
It says nowhere that Jesus was ugly. It says he had nothing appealing to his looks, average, moreso neutral on the attractive scale than being "ugly".

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Some of the people in the Bible were "black" and some were not.

As for Egypt, some were and some were not.

Ramses the Great, possibly the Pharoah of the time of Moses.
Notice the hair. (1303-1213 BC)

Queen Hatshepsut, notice the hair. (1508-1458 BC)

Egyptian wall paintings show a multitude of peoples, including very dark Nubians, some even with cornrows.

Also compare with the mummy of this Nubian prince:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
That is about enough calling a Member a Troll...

Anymore and action will be taken..

Thank you

Semper

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artanis667

It says nowhere that Jesus was ugly. It says he had nothing appealing to his looks, average, moreso neutral on the attractive scale than being "ugly".

Even that description is from Isaiah, in the Old Testament, and written long before Jesus lived.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Anyone who would be bothered by this would not have been a true believer in the first place .

The color should not matter

Nope it shouldnt matter at all as long as the teachings and goals within the great books are being passed on. Thats why its good to be open minded with most religions because there is so much we dont know for sure due to the books being passed back and forth between different nations leaders.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sure I think there could have been black jews, just as there could have been white jews. People usually don't realize that the Persians were historically a non-arab, light-skinned...um, white... group of people, speaking an indo-european language (related to the languages of Europe, unlike hebrew and arabic which are semitic languages). There were lots of jews in ancient Persia. Some of the books of the bible were even written there. Just off of those facts I could make a website "proving" that the jews were white. I don't have an agenda though, so darn.

Considering that most jews still marry other jewish people, and that their faith makes them extremely homogenous, I would venture to guess that the color of their skin has probably been fairly consistent for quite awhile.

There still are those lost tribes of Israel, though. Who knows what color their skin was/is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join