It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Characters in the bible are Black?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Now I know many ATS members have came across users who would post claims that many of the characters in the Bible were really Black. At first (like everyone else) I was annoyed because they only posted youtube videos and selected quotes. But I searched online and came across a very informant site. In this thread I'll present what influenced me to believe they are correct. Here is the site where I got my information.
www.hebrewisraelites.org...

Tell me what are you views on this issue? Does it change your belief in God?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I personally don't think that color should be an issue at all , perhaps one of the reasons color was never mentioned in the first place ?

I think it would be naive to think that the " characters in the bible " were white .

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Of course it is naive to believe every character was Black. Acutely there is color mention in the bible. Even dreadlocks are mention.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Agreed and thats one of the reasons I say that it would be wrong to think that the people would be white . More likely then not they would have ranged from dark tan to very dark tanned skin .

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Of course a lot of people were black. The Bible makes no secret of this. Ethiopia is talked about a lot in the bible.. there have always been dark skinned people in that part of the world.

My question is why should anyone be shocked at this? I'ts common sense. All the regions that are mentioned in the bible that is black today was black beck then.

I do not however believe there was ever a black Jesus. He was a short ugly olive skinned jew - That's how the bible describes Him. Not like any of the pictures you see on TV and hanging on peoples living room walls.. that's fairy tale because people don't want to believe Jesus was ugly.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Of course! But the site presents an idea that they would darker then most in the Middle East and have more Black Characteristics.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I am fine with that .

They were who they were and thats fine by me

I have always expected many of those in the bible were dark skinned or black , once again thats just fine with me

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Now what would happen if this got accepted by many? Can yo imagine the uproar against the Jewish community.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Anyone who would be bothered by this would not have been a true believer in the first place .

The color should not matter

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
O.k. I have read more of the site.. I think they are stretching things a bit.

Here they make an assumption not based in fact:

"Since the ancient Egyptians were a black people, Joseph had to be black also. If Joseph and the Hebrews look like Donny Osmond (He protrayed Joseph in a Stage Play), his brothers would have recognized him easily among the "black" Egyptians. But Joseph's own flesh and blood brothers thought he was an Egyptian.

The ancient Egyptians of Joseph time were indeed what we know today as "black", this is a fact attested to by many."

The account doesn't say why they didn't know their brother. There could have been many reasons. Perhaps he was not shown clearly or close to them.

It seems the gist of this website is the author wants readers to believe the Hebrew people were as black as regular black men.

This does not truck with what we know of Hebrew people IMO. They were forbidden to marry and have children with other races. If they were that dark, where and when did they get their lighter skin from?

Have you ever heard of any races skin color completely changing over recorded time?

This website seems to make LOTS of unfounded assumptions.

It says this for instance:
" George Rawlinson, an English author wrote a book entitled History of Egypt. On page 252, he gives a description of Seti I. He states: "SETI'S FACE WAS THOROUGHLY AFRICAN. HE HAD A STORMY FACE WITH A DEPRESSED FLAT NOSE, THICK LIPS AND HEAVY CHIN."

[Moses had the same physical characteristics because again, he was raised in the house of Pharaoh, ]

as the grandson of Pharaoh, when Pharaoh ordered all Hebrew males to be killed at birth. If the Israelites were a white-skinned people, how could Moses the Hebrew survive (secretly) in the house of Pharaoh among black-skinned Egyptians for 40 years, and not be noticed."

There is no way Moses's appearance could take on a black persons appearance just by living with these people. Even today we have white adopted babies living with black families. It just does not happen.

I have done a little research on these people. They are black people who believe themselves to be Hebrew. They are trying to make the scriptures say what they want you to believe IMO.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I do not however believe there was ever a black Jesus. He was a short ugly olive skinned jew - That's how the bible describes Him.

i believe if he (jesus) ever existed he was of mixed race. there are 2 jewish races. and it would explain alot . why there was no room at the inn. how jesus went to go live in egypt. black madonna..............

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Why does it matter what colour Jesus was ?

Maybe he was blue like a Navi or Smurf!!

Listen to his word.
He could care not for what colour you are as you are his brother or sister and he loves you.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NaturaltoBelieve

This not all about Jesus! Why does Jesus always seem to get thrown in to the mix? This is about the Hebrews of the bible who were Black.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

As I recall there is a part to the bible where Moses marries and Ethiopian woman, Ethiopians are by all means considered african. Both of Moses brothers spoke out against Moses marrying this woman. This opposition may have been racially motivated, but then again it could have just been as much to the fact that this woman was not a jew. In the end God took the side of the Ethiopian woman.

There are other examples in the bible of african characters although the vast majority will be described as either Nubian or Ethiopian (Cu#e), they are african nevertheless. So there is no doubt that there were african/black characters and also examples of God responding to them. As for caucasians, I have no doubt they were in the bible as well, but it would be completely inaccurate to argue that all main characters were white. I recall a documentary when they attempted to regenerate the face of a man in Israel/lebanon, all the bible regions in those days and found that they were typically brown arabs with curly hair. Northern and central Europeans would indeed stand out. The romans being of white color could be examples of white characters.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I do not however believe there was ever a black Jesus. He was a short ugly olive skinned jew - That's how the bible describes Him. Not like any of the pictures you see on TV and hanging on peoples living room walls.. that's fairy tale because people don't want to believe Jesus was ugly.

Really? Which bible is that in?

Funny, there's no description of Jesus at all in the New Testament of my Bible.
- Well, except for Revelations description of Jesus as the returned spirit.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Max_TO

Of course! But the site presents an idea that they would darker then most in the Middle East and have more Black Characteristics.

*Snip*.course i could be wrong....i dont really study the bible.

But most romans were white or olive skinned.maybe you can tell what 'characters' you are talking about? there was probably black people in the bible(the region had lots of dark skinned felows back then..just like today).

caucasions can have dreadlocks to you know.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by tauempire]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

its there. and it is funny.....just like afrocentrism is funny.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

double post

[edit on 24-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by NaturaltoBelieve

This not all about Jesus! Why does Jesus always seem to get thrown in to the mix? This is about the Hebrews of the bible who were Black.

oh now i know your a troll. so your stating hebrew are black...lol. which is essentially stating that blacks are gods 'chosen' people. and essentially saying jesus was black because...HE WAS HEBREW.

obvious,troll is obvious.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

I'm not trolling at all. I'm trying to present what to me is belief that the Hebrews in the Bible had black characteristics. Which is possible that they could be Black.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join