It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's biggest garbage dump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The Gulf of Mexico may be renamed the Black Sea shortly.

However, compared to the real problem the gulf is just a drop in the ocean.

Garbage

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3d27bad850d.jpg[/atsimg]

One may even begin to wonder if demons caused the gulf oil spill in an effort to bring attention to the worlds pollution problem. The final solution to stopping the gulf oil spill (Read: medicine) may be a bitter pill to swallow.

The backlash will likely to be severe and lasting. The desired effect achieved?

Will there be a global demand for a pollution free earth or will we continue down the road to hell?

There are currently thousand mile patches of floating plastics in the Pacfic and Atlantic oceans. What happens in 20 years if no drastic changes are made?

geography.about.com...

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I have seen some info on the garbage continent in the Pacific.

Here is a link-Pacific Ocean Garbage Patch, the Continent of Garbage

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bcd0ef2c283.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Yeah, I have seen some info on the garbage continent in the Pacific.

Apparenlty birds are eating the tan pieces of plastic.

So PCB's and other chemical compounds are getting into the food chain.

Side note: Too bad about those buildings.

What do you think happened to them?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
We've really messed the world up

Why are'nt we doing anything to clean the mess up?

It won't be too long until all of those polutants make it up to us at the top of the food chain. Thats if they are't already there.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus

We've really messed the world up

Why are'nt we doing anything to clean the mess up?

Becuase it's out of sight, out of mind. It's someone elses problem. The local and national media are more concerned with aunt betty's cookie recipies and rearranging furniture around American living rooms to make your house look more sellable, than they are about a few plastic pop bottles floating around in no mans land.

Kind of like how the oil spill is for people who don't live on the gulf coast.

How do you think the stock market will do tommarrow?

Do you think demons will cause an unexplained drop mid-day and cause everyone to crap thier pants?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death

Becuase it's out of sight, out of mind. It's someone elses problem. The local and national media are more concerned with aunt betty's cookie recipies and rearranging furniture around American living rooms to make your house look more sellable, than they are about a few plastic pop bottles floating around in no mans land.

Kind of like how the oil spill is for people who don't live on the gulf coast.

So I'm guessing you don't live on the coast then, because in one of your earlier threads today you said the oil spill was no big deal.

I just don't think it's as big of a deal as it's being made out to be. In the end the spill may turn out to be benificial. There are areas where sea creatures thrive near oil and methane seeps.

Earlier thread.

You are taking different sides of the same discussion. And changing your point of view as the threads unfold. Stop your trolling please. It is really getting annoying......

[edit on 24-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus
These pollutants are already in us, in canada a group offered to test some of our politicans for toxins (and publish the results too if my memory is sound) to make a point. Some accepted, some refused, but the end result was the same- we have loads of toxins in us.

It's just sad. People need to be more educated- not in alegbra or baloney history written by the victors, but in knowing why they shouldn't throw batteries in the dump... Etc.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Originally posted by Freedom or Death

I just don't think it's as big of a deal as it's being made out to be. In the end the spill may turn out to be benificial. There are areas where sea creatures thrive near oil and methane seeps.

Earlier thread.

You are taking different sides of the same discussion. And changing your point of view as the threads unfold.

I maintain what I said earlier to be true.

1) Methane seeps are quite natural and there are areas where sea life thrives around them.

2) The oil spill is really not the big deal it is being played out to be. There have been numerous other oil spills around the world of the same magnitude. I should have qualified my statement to read, 'compared to the size and depth of the ocean and other amounts of pollution that already exist the gulf oil spill is really just a drop in the bucket. It just looks bad becuase it is so close to land.

3) In the end the oil spill may turn out to be benificial. Maybe not to marine life or coastal economies, but it may turn out to benificial to the entire world in bringing the issue of pollution to a head.

4) There will be a die off of marine life. What doesn't die will evolve or adapt.

My point of view has not changed.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

... we have loads of toxins in us.

People need to be more educated- not in alegbra or baloney history ... but in knowing why they shouldn't throw batteries in the dump... Etc.

It wouldn't make a difference.

They only care about accummulating little pieces of paper and plastic cards with numbers on them that they can use to buy crap from 3rd world countires.

This crap is ussually stored in thier closets or garage for a sort period of time before it ends up in a trash heap. Eventually it makes it's way into the ocean. A great amount of gasoline is used during this entire cycle of creating the crap to the eventual disposal of the crap into the ocean.

The whole process seems to keep people busy and give them something to do.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Not to be outdone, the earth has accummulated a similar garbage patch in the Atlantic ocean. Got to even things out you know. East coast, west coast.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This is a great problem. BP is really working hard to seal the leak while Obama had ordered to give a report about this matter

Ethan
www.greenilo.com

new topics

top topics

join