It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I went to a UFO discussion group last night....Interesting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hey everyone I am just making a thread here to describe the meeting/discussion group I had last night from 7-9 in Mesa, Arizona. Here is the name and location of the group:

Phoenix UFO Group 2012
ufos.meetup.com...

The website of one of the members there:
www.etexperiencers.com...

Here is what I have to say and what I thought about it.

Cathy Rakoci(ufos.meetup.com...), the organizer of the Phoenix UFO Group is an.....interesting person. My opinion is that she has some good ideas but that some of the topics she brings up(such as Nibiru and the "Galactic Federation"...weren't they discredited as a fraud?) were discrediting her. When she brought up the Galactic Federation, I had to query with her if she meant Blossom Goodchild and the "Galactic Federation of Light", she said yes. I told her about the 2008 hoax and she said "it was not a hoax", but did not happen as intended.

I also want to bring up what she said about her "Star Mother" and Star Father" her are her alien parents alongside her Human ones. She claims that her mother is a 13 foot tall member of a Feline Race and her Father is a Reptilian......right.
Another of the members drew a picture for Cathy of her "mother", it was pretty interesting. She also claims when I talked to the group about Reptilians that they are a very advanced society technologically and they control all the Stargates/wormholes in the galaxy.
She says there are both good and bad ones out there, and that some live in underground facilities(I already knew about this).

Thankfully not all the other members were as moonbat as her. I would have really like to talk to this member, Callie(ufos.meetup.com...), about her experiences, but she had to leave early
. The other members of the group had experiences running from seeing UFOS(like me) to full blown abductions/contacts.

One of the members there was in her late 30s, early 40s and describes being in Cuba as a child of 8-9 years old and seeing an object in her backyard and an entity with red laser beam like eyes. I swear I have heard of cases with this exact same entity...does anyone have any sites with such reports?

We also talked a bit about 2012, with the conclusion that SOMETHING will probably happen but we have no idea what. I also had to correct Cathy about something there. She said that the Earth going through a black hole could cause us to pop into another universe/dimension. I pretty much told her not so and just plainly said that WE WOULD ALL DIE.

Basically I was expecting a bit much with this group and I may go back on the 26th of June just to LOL. I also may bring some materials to correct some misinterpretations some members had. Although I wonder how much that will help.
. Thankfully the did all agree with me that although Steven Greer has the right idea with the "Disclosure Project" , he has gone certifiably LOONY now.and is just trying to take advantage of people.

If I go next time I am going to bring some material about Zecharia Sitchin and Erich Von Daniken and how they are deliberately min-interpreting ancient artifacts and writing/cuneiform. While the general idea behind the Ancient Astronaut theory may be correct, they are not.

I am not bashing ANY member of the group. Each and every one had interesting experiences to talk about so that was a plus in my book.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by johnthejedi24]

[edit on 23-5-2010 by johnthejedi24]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Back in the day I attended a local UFO meeting. Didn't know what to expect, but I was hopeful. Turned out to be a complete group of absolute loons to be honest with you. I remember thinking at the time that I hoped this meeting was the exception and not the standard....but I fear it might be the same everywhere.

I then attended a more organized meeting/convention type thing, hoping to be personally exposed to the saner side of this subject. While it was still laughable in spots, they at least tried to sell me a little more bs packaged up in a more professional and sane environment. But in the end it was as fruitless as you imagine those things can be.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

an entity with red laser beam like eyes

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
double post, but I will finish the post here instead of leaving this one blank. Sorry had a bad pc misfire with this posting , lol...

an entity with red laser beam like eyes

Reminds me of the mothman. Sorry for such a short post, but is what it reminded me of...

[edit on 23-5-2010 by esteay812]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I sighed while reading that she thought her parents were aliens... but anyway, I have this to say:

What did you expect IgnoreTheFacts? What are your own experiences in this field?

Really, all we can take from this is.. they're either all liars, insane or they speak the truth, probably a mix of those.

I can't say they're all lying without proof. The idea that all experiencers/abductees is liars seems far more farfetched to me than that some of them really were abducted. I mean we have flying saucers in the sky, is abductions really that far of a stretch when we have thousands of alleged witnesses?

It really comes down to: who can you trust? If I can't trust thousands maybe even millions of my peers then really who can I trust?

Discounting it because it SEEMS crazy from our limited point of view is ignorant.. better to stay on the fence than proclaim all abductees liars. That's making assumptions with nothing to stand on, the opposite of what rationality is supposed to be about. You don't set down a definite conclusion based on no real foundation.

That's like me telling a man:

"Don't go into that cave.. there's a bear there."
And him answering:
"I don't believe you, you're a crazy liar, where's the proof?"
All the while refusing to explore the cave.

Granted, it's not exactly the same thing since you can't "explore" abductions at will.. but what I'm trying to say is, don't discount stuff just because you haven't experienced it.

I don't subscribe to all the far out theories here on ATS, but I don't discount them fully either since I can't possibly know for sure and I've been wrong about things before.

I mean, you'd probably think I'm downright loony because of my belief in the 'paranormal', yet in my life.. with my experiences, that belief was the only possible and rational outcome. It was bound to happen.
If I didn't believe I'd be in denial, hell I'd be delusional in the opposite of the usual way.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
As for me, while I believed SOME of what some of the members said, I took a lot more of it with a grain(more like a bag) of salt. While they had some of their ideas pretty well thought out, other stuff was just OFF THE WALL.
I still believe in aliens and abductions, UFOs, Reptilians...etc, but I am going to make sure to listen very closely to what people say now.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

wow this cathy chick sounds like a real kook......anytime anyone brings up "nibiru" and any significance about it, I ignore them. it's pure trash.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Way cool,I have a place in Ahwatuckee I'll make sure I'm in Az in June would like to attend one of the meetings there,In So Cal for a few weeks

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I definitely had a laugh reading your post!

It's funny what some people try to believe, her parents being aliens? I think we can all agree, with no evidence, that this is untrue 99.999999999999% untrue in probability.

But then again, thats kind of the problem IMO with the whole UFO, Alien conspiracy scene. You have this half which is people who bring up valid points and arguments that are hard to counter. Then you have this extreme other half, who meditate and hum to get in contact with aliens, go round telling people they have an alien spouse/parents, and a load of all this other ET spiritual rubbish which makes the whole "scene" hard to take.

I'm a normal person, I'm sure most of you are, and some of the things I read on this forum really put me off coming back, because just reading some things I feel like I'm part of the craziness and I just want to scream "YOUR BOYFRIEND ISN'T REPTILIAN".

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Motive]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I am disappointed to hear about these kinds of meetings. They make the rest of us who wish and hope for scientifically-verifiable proof of E.T.'s look bad. I mean "Star Mother" and "Star Father"? This almost sounds like someone who is trying to start a cult. Are there any meetings for those who have had close encounters of the first or second kind and bring photos or videos to verify their story?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnthejedi24
One of the members there was in her late 30s, early 40s and describes being in Cuba as a child of 8-9 years old and seeing an object in her backyard and an entity with red laser beam like eyes. I swear I have heard of cases with this exact same entity...does anyone have any sites with such reports?

Hi!
I've been checking out ATS for the last couple of weeks and realized its a pretty kick ass forum, so naturally I joined (finally!)

Can u tell me more about what the person told u about the entity with a laserbeam like eyes. I actually had something an exoerience close to that myself when I was about 10 years old, so Im very interested!

Peace out!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It is as simple as that. She saw the outline/form of a figure in the blackness of night which was very tall and had red laser beam like eyes.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Well,I was just wondering about something.

I an seriously thinking about relocating to Mesa,Arizona at the first of the year and I saw that is where the meeting is held.

I also got the impression that most of the people you spoke about were women.

What was the male to female ratio and what exactly did they look like?

Maybe a good place to meet somebody.

I can be from another planet if it would help me get laid.

new topics

top topics

join