It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother observation in our homes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
With the technical capabilities of the Government, what if they are already putting visual and listening devices in our computers, cell phones, and high-def TVs? How could we possibly have any personal life again?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I remember the hysteria on ATS that accompanied the switch to digital television. I would cover my conversion box every night before I went to bed

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

I have heard that Windows has NSA backdoors.

I'm a big fan of linux, not just because of privacy concerns either. My installation of linux is still running just as fast as when I installed it. My windows 7 install (which I barely use) has somewhat slowed down.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Twenty years ago, who knew that copiers could keep track of every document you copied? There are greater capabilities than anyone can imagine.

What makes anyone think that once a capability is created, that it will be used only in the mostConstitutional ways possible?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Think about it...

Mobile phones have a camera, a microphone, a transmitter with (reasonably) fast internet, a GPS module, light sensors, accelerometers etc, etc.

The current generation of mobile phones actually appear to have been designed for tracking/listening in mind and I would be very surprised if they aren't using them for that purpose.

Also, why do you think (just about) every household electrical item has an internet connection? Including TV's, fridges and (probably) toasters.

Your personal life is safe for the moment. Not private, but safe. When they want to put a chip inside you, that's when you should run for the hills!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Everyone with a cell phone is already being tracked.

Everything with internet capabilities means that "transmitters" are no longer required to send information anymore. In the old spy movies, they could simply do an electronics emission sweep and know whether "bugs" were present. Since they can send information over the internet, who needs transmitters?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yeah, Fox News has already reported that the FBI can listen in on your conversations, even when your cell phone is turned off.

I also heard that Tivo boxes could have cameras in them. Their excuse was to monitor and see who is in the room so they can make recommendations based on what person (kid, adult) is in the room.

I hate how post 9/11 surveillance supposedly for Al Qaeda is now being used blatantly against American citizens and no one seems to care. These technologies are less for stopping terrorism and more for stopping crime, which is wrong.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My life is one with no privacy what so ever.

We cannot say anything in our home or do anything in private.

All that stuff is already here, and all it takes is for anyone to just make up stuff about you, never needing to be true.

I went to school with pure evil scum, that effectively ended my life, at 17 with no privacy for the rest of my life.

So op is right its long past that scenario.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There was a day when seeing was believing.

Now, even Hollywood could take anyone's picture and fake a scene to make it appear you were trying to break into the White House, etc, and you could absolutely know you had not done it, but the visual proof would appear unshakable!

new topics

top topics

join