It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddly shaped UFO sighting

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

ALLis0NE.....

Thanks.....

I will post some info regarding EXIF data editing for members to review.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Here’s an example of the manner in which EXIF data changes when it is processed by an app:

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
OK…..

Here’s my 1st run at comparing the EXIF data pre – post the editing with the iPhone “UFO Gold” app.

Here’s the original pic:

Here’s the pic after I’ve inserted a UFO with the iPhone “UFO Gold” app.

The image appears quite degraded post the editing with the app.

Here’s a comparison table showing the difference in the EXIF data:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff583e4c6981.jpg[/atsimg]

The EXIF file has been very significantly abbreviated post the editing, with a position field added that I think must refer to the insertion of the fake UFO.

Comments welcome.....

I will create another example to see if these sorts of pre - post processing variations remain consistent.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Could somebody make a summary of what everyone wants? Cause this thread is moving fast.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Here’s an example of the manner in which EXIF data can be edited in an EXIF data editing app:

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by nablator

Nablator…..

EXIF can conclusively prove a fake, but correct EXIF means nothing, it can be copied easily from another JPEG or restored from the original untouched image.

I agree.

The EXIF app’s I downloaded & used for this thread were Opanda IExif 2.3 & Opanda POWERExif Professional. With these I can…..

- Select the EXIF data fields

- Right click to bring up an advanced menu

- Access an edit function wherein I can edit the fields in the EXIF data file

This is consistent with the information on their website:

THE BEST CHOICE TO EDIT EXIF DATA IN IMAGES

”Opanda PowerExif is a professional tool to edit Exif data in images. As the best assistant to edit & modify images information for photographers, image pickers, PowerExif allows to edit & modify all Exif data freely”

www.opanda.com...

Note: Please use the slider bar (above) to view the EXIF data edit control window

So as you say, we must also be very circumspect about jumping to conclusions based solely on conclusions derived from EXIF data.

A harder test to pass for CGI or Photoshop hoaxers is to set the JPEG compression parameters right, quantization and Huffman tables, sub-sampling, thumbnail, etc. No off-the-shelf software will do that. Then there are advanced image analysis techniques to detect inconsistency from the image data, not from metadata. Colorspace, shadows, noise, interpolation artifacts, double quantization...

I agree.

Fortunately, we have expertise available that can look into these areas.

Also fortunately, the ol’ human brain is still quite good at ringing those initial “CGI” alarm bells!

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ok, since my shadow theory was shot down, I have spent time trying to recreate the situation and even tried driving down the road taking pictures out the side window as I was driving (much to the dismay of state troopers).
There is something else that just hit me in the face.

My windshield was kinda dirty and had glare so I waited a bit longer and leaned into the passenger seat so I could take a picture out that window

So he was driving west, as the sun would be setting to the west at that hour.

Now look at the pictures. You can clearly see the sun's glare to the right of the picture.

Now picture you are in your car heading west, the sun is in front of you. If you take a picture out your passenger side window, the sun would show up on the left of the picture taken.

Details are a killer.
More food for thought until Maybe, Maybe not can finish his great work with the pictures.

By the way, all of the practice pictures I took showed either a door frame or a mirror in every single one with both a blackberry, and a Nikon D60

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueFireWolf
Could somebody make a summary of what everyone wants? Cause this thread is moving fast.

BlueFireWolf.....

We require the unaltered, unprocessed images from your camera.

I will be very grateful if you are able to e-mail those to me. (many thanks).

I note you posted to the effect there was something "wrong" or you made a "mistake" regarding the images you e-mailed me.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure what I did, but it had 2 copies of both photos.

I'll send the other pair...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

Cavscout11cav.....

Sun angle......thanks!

That's where the iPhone EXIF data can be so much fun.....

It even tells you in what direction pointing the camera is pointing when the photo is taken!

And.....my li'l ol' EXIF data app integrates with Google Earth so I can "right click" & get satellite & street view of the location!

Those iPhones are a hoot!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Well I'm not sure what I did, but it had 2 copies of both photos.
I'll send the other pair...

BlueFireWolf.....

Thank you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Alright, they're sent.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We certainly appreciate all the scientific effort and exercises you guys are putting into this case but please know, you're shutting out many who don't understand what data-lingo means or implicates.

It's like me taking my computer to the Geek Squad last month and hearing words like: Ram-gigabytes-modems-CPU-Ethernet-Vram-Interface-motherboard-ports and sound cards when all I wanted to know (in a real kindergarten sense) was why my computer wasn't working and to please FIX it.

So I see this much like that scenario so please, break it down.

Are you saying that if you apply an application to your phone-photo, it distorts it? Ah nevermind...
... please just tell me

Thanks

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Alright, they're sent.

BlueFireWolf.....

I received photo 2 (many thanks).

I will be grateful if you can send photo 1 (many thanks).

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

BlueFireWolf.....

I will be grateful if you will again confirm the exact model & make of your camera (many thanks).

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

That's how I feel too, I have know clue what they're talking about for the most part...

@Maybe...Maybenot: Oops, I'll send it now.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

oops, double post.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by BlueFireWolf]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

One Moment.....

We certainly appreciate all the scientific effort and exercises you guys are putting into this case

You are very welcome!

but please know, you're shutting out many who don't understand what data-lingo means or implicates.

I’m sure you can understand this material.

Have a good read of what I’ve posted

Are you saying that if you apply an application to your phone-photo, it distorts it?

Yes, as per my post above & as per the following link into my original thread about that topic:

I am also saying you can edit EXIF data to change it, as per my post above & as per the following link into my original thread about that topic:

please just tell me

Well, yeah…..but you could also start rolling your sleeves up & getting into it…..it’s great mate!

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh, I found the Model number thing...

SPH-M510

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have to say, this is most certainly a hoax. I find it amusing how this can go on for so long. It really does say something about the depth of some of the members patience. Hat's off to those who are trying to get to the bottom of this, you are definitely valued.

(Many Thanks)....I love it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Alright, they're sent.

BlueFireWolf.....

I have received both photos again (many thanks).

The EXIF data should point me to the webpage for the camera specs.

It doesn't.....it sends me to a generic Samsung camera home page:

www.dpreview.com...

As per my previous requests, I will be grateful if you will please comfirm tha exact make & model of your camera (many thanks).

I will post the photos & EXIF data in a few minutes.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Oh, I found the Model number thing...

SPH-M510

I guess you missed it Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join