It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOOK @ Yourself After Watching This!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
truly a great man, he has walked a badass upwards hill full of pain and reached the top smileing

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGiantPeach

I'm also thinking about sending this to everyone my address book. Pretty touching if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sent this on twitter [I know some people don't like it but...] for those people who are following they will see. Also about to post this on facebook. This is something I am truly glad that was posted on ATS, makes me happy that I decided to check back here again today to see what's going on.

Also I'd like to meet and talk with this guy at least once seems like an interesting chap.
always good to meet positive people.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Thank you for bringing this amazing guy into my Life. He, and many other speech impaired and dsabled people actively prove the able bodied of this world the pure wonder of aliveness.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Puts everything into perspective.

When I see someone bitching about trivial things I think about starving kids and all the wars going on. Who am I to complain about whatever it might be when others have it so much worse

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jolois

Thanks for sharing this, it just shows us how often we are all miss-guided in our approach to life. How we are not able to rise above our personal problems as dark and sad as they may be, there is always a new life available if we have the heart to go for that.Truly inspirational on many levels.

edit on 18-2-2011 by ancientthunder because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wow, I actually forgot about this incredible man until now.
I was incredibly lucky to see him speak at my junior high school in Calgary. I cried watching it now just as I did then.

It was great because at the end of his presentation, just as in the video, he said when we left the auditorium we were all invited to come give him a hug and that, "it's a little like hugging the trunk of a tree."

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow... thanks for posting this video OP, I won't see things the same way that i did before i watched this video.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Awesome thread!!

I hope I can always remember the lessons, so well taught from this video.

Thank You!!!

Parker S&F

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Peach, I thank you for spreading this! I´m going lay german subtitles over it and mail it down my mailinglist. This is so hearttouching. I cant explain why but I´m so proud of him. Of course dont know him personally but i think someone can be proud of another without knowing the other, because, we are all humans, living on the same planet. He made the best out of his life and this is what we all should do.
I´ve got no words to explain because there are no existing words. Man could think he´s the one who needs help but he is helping the whole world!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Nothing but Love here!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Wow... thank you so much for this.
It's amazing that with all that's going on, and all the bad situations we could be enduring, we all have moments where we delve so deeply into the trivial that we lose sight of what's truly important.

We have to think in 'cans' not cannots... and be grateful for what we have. You're right, as long as we keep doing otherwise, we'll always be in the rut we're constantly finding ourselves in now. This was a truly beautiful message.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Ya know, I have watched alot of so called 'motivational' clips and this is just .... well, I'm just speechless.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Definitely inspiring. Not really to life altering to me.... I remember one woman that would driver her kids around using only her feet due to not having arms. People can do whatever they set there minds to...... they just have to be willing to go through all the doubt and waiting required to achieve what they want.

If this really changes your perspective on life.... you need to start watching something else rather than just adult swim.

There are people in far worse situations than that guy and they have all there limbs...... Sad to say but...... women and children go hungry..... some children are forced into prostitution/slavery. So..... Its pretty easy for me to feel happy about what I have, the worst i really do is let myself get bored...... otherwise i'm pretty greatful for my roof, my food, this awesome commodity that allows me to commune with millions; you find folk and just generally lead a life of choice as opposed to chance.

I see a poor guy.... i'm gonna give em some change, cause if they trully are homeless, i dont give a # what they spend it on, as long as it can give them any amount of peace inside..... I get free warm food, and a warm bed to share with someone I love.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
He is an amazing guy. I have seen that video a long time ago, it got me.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have to say, I was surprized by this video, I thought it was going to be some kind of lame video about how people with handicaps were happy through the power of jebus, but instead it was an actually pretty inspiring video.
Lots of my friends whine about how hard they have it and all, friends of mine dropping out of school because it's "not their style", I really get pissed off when people don't realize how good they have it, while people like the guy in the video can be happy and have a positive outlook on life.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

\
/ i wantched the vdeo...if he can deal....so can i....i sent my book off to the publisher now i am waiting to hear back from them

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

This might be an old topic, this might have been said before etc etc.

But when I saw your post BlueFireWolf, I just had to correct you. No your not lucky. THAT guy in the video is lucky as hell. Because even in his situation, he has learned to see past that and at the same time he is actually doing good for others. Saying that you are lucky unlike him, is so wrong on so many levels. Cause unless you are doing something worthwhile with your life, you are not lucky. Unless you are doing something that does good for others, you are not lucky. You simply are. Nothing more, nothing less.

HE is lucky, and a damned lucky one at that.

Now before anyone goes all hailfire on my ass, I do not know if you actually do good for others, or if you are completely happy with your life. But do not say that you are lucky unlike him. Cause as far as I can tell, he is the luckiest man alive.

I wish that I had his view on life, I wish that I was as good a person as him (him being the guy in the vid), and I wish that I could do as much good for others as he is doing.
But I am simply sitting here, infront of my computer. Looking at my life, which is empty, unfullfilling and worth nothing, compared to a guy like that. And I hate myself for thinking that way. Because it is my own damn fault, and my own twisted point of view that is making it so.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

thank you very much...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Inspirational video, if you look at it closely though the ones who are unique individuals are the ones who posses such hope and optimism they want to let everyone else know that they are unique and as he said be happy for the things you have, stop obsessing about the things you want.

Great video, if only he was to go around every single Primary School, High School, Work Seminars just to promote his words of hope I think we would be looking at things a little differently.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join