It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOOK @ Yourself After Watching This!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
well it is a motivational video no dought.
the irony here is being so far out of the norm gives you the gift of being able to draw people like flys to honey.
This person has such xtream handy cap theres only two ways to go in despair or to fly at 30k feet .
So if that was a me i could look at my self and say yea this is so easy to make into something great . I wish it was me .
the ones who are half way apart are the ones who have a bigger thing to over come Im dont have enough visible problems to be in his world but to many visible and none visible problems to be in yours .
let me tell you this is much much worse I could stand there saying the same things and no one would look at me differently .
so all i can do is sit here being in no ones world watching it all go buy wishing there was a way to be apart of it . I am glad he has a way to be a part of that world but i would need to louse my arms and legs to then I may accutly have a way in .

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
awesome video - this guy is an inspiration. I know several people who say their life is hell because of a girl breaking up with them, or their coffee wasnt hot enough this morning. People get real. We all have so much in fron of our faces and dont take the opportunity to have a great life! feed into the positive and your life will be just that! LOVE LIFE!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Great video!

I have seen a few different posts in the past week here on ATS trying to predict happiness will come or asking for things to get better but this thread did what those failed to do; lift my spirit and remind me what it means to be free.
Ignorance may grant you bliss, but denying ignorance will set you free.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My wish is that the message were more - See OTHERS as beautiful, be thankful for OTHERS in your life, don't see OTHERS as worthless....

Don't get me wrong...I like the message, but I really think that without being able to extend love and grace without a lot of superficial surface expectations of others...that one will never really be able to as happy and as spiritual as they are capable of being.

That's all.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGiantPeach

Bravo, bravo! Very moving and inspiring, thanks for the post!

What great energy this guy has, and his effect is unavoidable, a contagious enthusiasm that provides comfort and confidence. I like when he speaks to the young ladies and you can tell his message resonates so well with them.
Props to all the Mother's, Sisters, Wives and women out there and I agree, they ARE beautiful, and don't let anything convince you otherwise, particularly the "beauty" industry and trends.
Peace

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
While I thought this was a great video, I don't agree with the other members that it reminds me of how lucky I am are or how lucky anyone else is. Everyone has problems and while his problems may be his arms and legs, other's problems are something else which could be of greater, equal or lesser value. Your problems are really only as big as you perceive them to be.

I wouldn't say that this guy's problems are bigger than anyone else whose body seems to be fully intact. A working body isn't the only important thing in life, IMO.

--airspoon

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
S&F! Thank you for posting something with value.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
meh
didnt really do anything for me.
if you are going to use shock value to get a message across to people who are easily surprised and pity him for his handicap, to me those people deserve more pity than the speaker.
i dont need taht dude to tell me im special, i already know i am!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I will not watch for one, 90% of humans are murderers full stop, how can the other 10% be lucky being on the same planet as them.

I will not watch as i do not want to know about .....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the great video OP, really makes one feel lucky for what they have.

CX

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This guy is great, i like this vid of him too...

There's few things that bring a lump to my throat, but this video does it every time.

Kind of makes me think twice before moaning that my back is killing me.

CX.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

Actually... man... is HE lucky.

I watched the above video and got tears in my eyes (like everyone else, I'm sure)... because I know what the power of positive thinking can accomplish. Five minutes after watching the video... I went out to check the mail. There (in the box) was a letter from The SCOOTER Store... addressed to me.

I'm pretty sure that the individual who sent me The SCOOTER Store advertisement... is the same guy who keeps sending me advertisements advising me to buy funeral insurance.

I have a message for that person...

Eventually I will find out who you are... and when I do... you might want to rethink about how you use this technology to destroy lives.

[edit on 24/5/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What a truly inspiring and courageous young man. His love, compassion, wisdom and light shine bright. A man I would be proud to call 'friend'. What he does for others is a beautiful thing.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just what I needed.

This guy is THE MAN!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
if you stare at your eyes in a mirror and hold your gaze, you will begin to hallucinate, losing all notion of organic and inorganic material especially, if you hold long enough you will experience the "white room", the state of total light saturation of the eyes, if you close your eyes when in the white room you will have an immediate oobe, almost over powering

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You people are all wrong about this. Life is not meant to be like that.

Personally i am going to be negative all my life.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Care to share with us the reasons why?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the drug that caused this guy's condition. It was an anti-depressant... banned here in the US back in the late 50s early 60s... after learning the effects it caused on fetuses during the first trimester. Considering his age... I'm wondering how his mother even got her hands on it.

(Somebody help me here.)

[edit on 24/5/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I have talked alot on this board why.

Irony plays a massive part in the world to protect people using positive thinking, so i would suggest you people need to think about it more.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yet even irony can be used for positive purposes, as defined here:

"This ironist is the enemy of hypocrites and fanatics, people absurdly confident of their own goodness. He is also—and this is more likely to get overlooked—the enemy of nihilism. This ironist does not believe in nothing. Instead, he does his best to believe in those things that deserve his belief. For him, unreflective skepticism—dogmatic, dismissive skepticism toward everything and everybody—is as naïve and inadequate as gape-mouthed credulity."

If the ironist remembers:

"At the heart of this ironist's attitude is the suspicion that the highest and noblest human hopes can never be consummated in this world. The things we most avidly wish for—flawless and universal love, perfect justice, an untainted good—are also things we cannot achieve. "

"Yet if we stopped wishing for them, we would be lesser creatures than we are: more resigned, poorer in possibility, inclined to despair. The only way to keep these wishes alive is to maintain a severe and comic gaze that withers fatuous uplift and mocks away easy fantasies. This is the good work of irony, to keep things complicated rather than simple, varied rather than flat, to keep us aware of our own confusion, in the interest of imperfect, transient, and indispensable clarity."

Source: ethics.emory.edu...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join