It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But what are the implications for science, man and faith?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Is it possible that God wanted us to create "Artificial Life" in order to help us understand what we are doing, before it is too late?

www.jbs.org...

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Quadrivium]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

There are a few threads on this topic Q.

Here`s one from 3 days ago....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very interesting topic ,no doubt with some seriously profound repercussions for our species and planet.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Edit: I just skimmed the article before posting my 2 cents, it was actually very good and covered a lot of what I said more in depth. S + F

Maybe time really repeats itself over and over again? The implications (IMO) for:

Science- Probably will be used to make a bioweapon, hopefully will never be used. Could possibly be used for good (ie making a lifeform that fought diesease, killed cancer cells, etc.). Ultimately recreation of a life form that we will allow to develop itself, unleashing pandora's box as far as religion/science conflicts. It could also be another Frankenstein moment (like the atomic bomb) where we were intelligent enough to make something, but not control it.

Man- As with all great inventions, it could be used peacefully for good and help to create a much better world, but also could destroy it. It is up to us, which means it will probably be used both ways...

Faith-Again with the science/religion conflict. It could also be used by the vatican if they are going to continue with their whole aliens exist, possibly created us thing.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by time91]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I think that maybe this "genetic manipulation" has already happened once before on earth and the world was flooded for it. But it doesn'y matter now since we are close to the end.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
One of the greatest things about humanity and one of our biggest problems is our ability to create.
The problem is that we do not have the capacity to SEE what will become of our "creations".
There are always an infinite amount of possibilities and we can not see them all.
That's why He is God and we are not.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

There are a few threads on this topic Q.

Here`s one from 3 days ago....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very interesting topic ,no doubt with some seriously profound repercussions for our species and planet.

I was hoping that on this thread we could discuss the Implications of this creation. Not the revelation of the discovery itself.
What does this mean for people of faith?
Will it affect the way we see God?
Will this be used to quicken the END?
What will man do with his new toy?
When is enough. enough?
Things like that

It is kinda funny though, when we answer one question we seem to always ask many more.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
yes, GOD want us to create an artificial species so we can slave them and make them do things for us ...

lol ... I think you should ask yourself, why would GOD care?

billions of galaxies with billions of solar systems with a lot planets

. . .

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

why would He care? lol It may sound a little corny but He cares because He loves us.
We never learn from our past mistakes. It seems we will continue on in our folly.
Maybe you should ask yourself why He would not care.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Quadrivium]

top topics

join