It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people misinterpet "and they came from in the earth"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This statement is misinterpeted as aliens, when infact what I see from this statement is they are earth creatures coming from "in" underground or underwater.

Am I misreading this phrase?

Why is it so hard to swallow the fact that humans may not be the only intelligent beings on the planet.

Could the UFO's and USO's be an advanced race from this planet watching us.

Another phrase that could support this idea also possibly misunderstood is "Atlantis went into the sea" meaning their civilization built underwater cities not the sea swallowed them.Why would they build underwater cities?Simple they figured out the world was going to go through one of its ELE so they would need to preserve their species, or they saw humans as a threat or misuse their technology.

We know TPTB would not tell us if they found a city underwater.

Anyone out there with this thought ATS.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Why do people misinterpret "the golkinwasadej is full of winklewankles"?

Perhaps for the same reason they misinterpret "and they came from in the earth".

Neither statement can be found anywhere else on the web. They are both exclusive to this thread. People can't misinterpret statements they have never encountered.

I could try to interpret it for you if you like, but as it comes from your own imagination you might find my interpretation personally offensive.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Yeah, I agree where does that quote come from?

Sounds like who ever wrote it didn't study grammar.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
there were once giants in the earth; ... In Genesis 6:1-4

Sorry for not putting where its from

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

My translation says "on the earth", meaning in the world, on the face of the planet.
It can be a mistake to draw hasty conclusions from the Authorised Version.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So really we're asking why people misinterpret the English translation of a work of literature from thousands of years ago that has been translated multiple times into different languages?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thats why you go to the Hebrew and ignore theological interpretations created by Europeans and made hundreds of years after Jesus was born.

The truth is in the Hebrew and the Greek, not something Augustine, Aquinas, Calvin or Luther said centuries later.

[edit on 24/5/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

do you think you could mention where these quotes are from - if the bible, what chapter and verse...not all of us are 100% familar with 100% of the bible

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

What is the authorized version anyway ?

If you are talking about the King James version... Who is responsible for the authorization
of it ?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
What is the authorized version anyway ?

If you are talking about the King James version... Who is responsible for the authorization
of it ?

"Authorised Version" ("the AV") is the name used in England for what the Americans call the King James Version.

I suppose it was King James himself who authorised it (James 1 of England, James V1 of Scotland). The title page says that it was translated "by his majesty's special command" and adds that it is "appointed to be read in churches". Hence the nickname.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Ah.. Thanks.

So actually this versions is authorized by a ruler of the day.
How interesting...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It was authorized, the KJV, due to the Puritans making their own unauthorized English Bible, the Geneva Bible.

The Geneva Bible, using the Tyndale Bible as a foundation, used more accurate translations that did not support the Monarchy or the Anglican Church. Queen Elizabeth I started on the foundation of a new authorized Bible in reponse and King James completed it.

The Geneva Bible served as the Bible of the Pilgrims and many of the Founding Fathers. Its always hilarious to me to think for some weird reason American protestants in the 19th century suddenly decided an Anglican Bible was superior to all others.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thanks for your explanation

To be honest. I've never heard of the Geneva bible before.

Edit.
I think this is an interesting question here. I'm looking forward to more replies.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

[edit on 5/24/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

To be honest. I've never heard of the Geneva bible before.

I think this is an interesting question here. I'm looking forward to more replies.

Apparently the Geneva Bible gets its origins from the time when English protestants were in exile in Geneva during the reign of the Catholic Queen Mary.

It came with notes, and the tone of these was probably too Calvinist (and unsympathetic to bishops) for the leadership of the English church

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yes if I remember correct Queen Mary was the daughter of one of the previous wifes of the king. After the king got married again and no longer was catholic along with his new born son. He turned England away from catholic belief. When the opportunity came around for Mary to seize power she did so with a mild enthusiasm, wiping out anything not catholic. Hence her nickname, Bloody Mary.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

When the opportunity came around for Mary to seize power she did so with a mild enthusiasm, wiping out anything not catholic. Hence her nickname, Bloody Mary.

Your memory is good.
I love that phrase "mild enthusiasm". I know you probably mean "wild", but I think "mild" may be quite appropriate for her personal nature (as distinct from her policies).

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

even using "on the earth"...They are earth beings not ALIENS from outer space. At one time there was more than one intelligent species and possibly could still be....Noone ever corrilates that another species could see the flood coming(or an Almighty told them) and build underwater dwellings to survive the flood.
(A flood would not affect you if you already have underwater civilizations.) Any arguements?

Changing it from "in" to "on" would take the emphisis away from underground and underwater, And would just make one think about on land...Thinking about the logic of why they would change it.

When we have contact ,,,Why could it not be from our own planet.TPTB keep secrets.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You are totally out of line. The aliens came to this planet a long time ago, so can all religions, scripts,runes ect tell you. WHEN they came we dont know,because they have been on\off the planet sometimes.

And yes, alot of these aliens might have been making underground bases-

But most religions\scripts tell you about.."The ones wich from the heaven came".. Also mostly fits back to the annunaki,wich are only 1 race amongst other alien races. We humans are 1 alien race aswell, for others we are alien\strangers and ET.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You all might want to pick a translation and go from there. Here are some quotes of various translations (Genesis 6:1 - 6:4) so that everyone has some idea of what the passages say:

1899 Douay-Rhems Translation
(Gen 6:1) And after that men began to be multiplied upon the earth, and daughters were born to them,
(Gen 6:2) The sons of God seeing the daughters of men, that they were fair, took to themselves wives of all which they chose.
(Gen 6:3) And God said: My spirit shall not remain in man for ever, because he is flesh, and his days shall be a hundred and twenty years. (Gen 6:4) Now giants were upon the earth in those days. For after the sons of God went in to the daughters of men, and they brought forth children, these are the mighty men of old, men of renown.

Jewish Publication Society Bible
(Gen 6:1) And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
(Gen 6:2) that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives, whomsoever they chose.
(Gen 6:3) And the LORD said: 'My spirit shall not abide in man for ever, for that he also is flesh; therefore shall his days be a hundred and twenty years.'
(Gen 6:4) The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

King James Version
(Gen 6:1) And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
(Gen 6:2) that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives, whomsoever they chose.
(Gen 6:3) And the LORD said: 'My spirit shall not abide in man for ever, for that he also is flesh; therefore shall his days be a hundred and twenty years.'
(Gen 6:4) The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

Literal Translation

Young's Literal Translation of 1898
(Gen 6:1) And it cometh to pass that mankind have begun to multiply on the face of the ground, and daughters have been born to them,
(Gen 6:2) and sons of God see the daughters of men that they are fair, and they take to themselves women of all whom they have chosen.
Gen 6:3) And Jehovah saith, `My Spirit doth not strive in man--to the age; in their erring they are flesh:' and his days have been an hundred and twenty years.
(Gen 6:4) The fallen ones were in the earth in those days, and even afterwards when sons of God come in unto daughters of men, and they have borne to them--they are the heroes, who, from of old, are the men of name.

New American Standard (Nasb)
(Gen 6:1) Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them,
(Gen 6:2) that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.
(Gen 6:3) Then the LORD said, "(A)My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, (B)because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."
(Gen 6:4) The (C)Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

New International Version (NIV)
(Gen 6:1) When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them,
(Gen 6:2) the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.
(Gen 6:3) Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with [a] man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." (Gen 6:4) The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Geneva Bible (1587)
(Gen 6:1) So when men beganne to be multiplied vpon the earth, and there were daughters borne vnto them,
(Gen 6:2) Then the sonnes of God sawe the daughters of men that they were faire, & they tooke them wiues of all that they liked.
(Gen 6:3) Therefore the Lord saide, My Spirit shall not alway striue with man, because he is but flesh, and his dayes shalbe an hundreth & twentie yeeres.
(Gen 6:4) There were gyants in the earth in those dayes: yea, and after that the sonnes of God came vnto the daughters of men, and they had borne them children, these were mightie men, which in olde time were men of renoume.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Gen 6:4 in all of them

in and on have the same meaning in this passage

They are from the earth not ALIEN

top topics

<<   2 >>

join