It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwell Briggs - Conspiracy For Good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
While maybe not quite disinformation it certainly appeared faux to my eyes. I thought this interesting to investigate.

There are two vids, recently posted to YouTube. The first, "Blackwell Briggs Revealed", pro ports to be promotional video from a company called Blackwell Briggs. It is quite well made, looking like a corporate presentation. The tilt of the content and the details, such as the black screen opening and the computer graphics are a bit of a give away, though.

At 2:52 is a screen shot from a website called Conspiracy For Good.

Next I looked at "Blackwell Briggs - Conspiracy For Good Re-Edit".

This vid is quite slick, with a similar feel in the use and quality of stock material to the first. It aims to expose Blackwell Briggs as a corporate monstrosity while promoting the Conspiracy For Good website.

The website asks you to 'join the action' and create an account. Lets do that. Click on the rules link to find that this really, well, a game of sorts, "Watch, solve mysteries online, play games, or visit the London events in late summer."

Okay but what is this really about? The partnership with Nokia might just make you twig a little. Go read the Service Terms. These are the service terms for Nokia's Ovi service, where Nokia cell/mobile telephone users can buy music, apps, etc from Nokia.

It's either a rather elaborate corporate viral to make you buy stuff from a cell/mobile company or someone very committed to an affinity deal. Either way, I wonder how many people might be taken in by this?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Why is there no more chat about this subject on ATS?

I have done my research and to be honest i think this is very real, and also very scary.

One of the founders of Conspiracy for good has gone missing (the women you see in the video)

TALK PEOPLE TALK!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by werall1

There's probably no talk on ATS because it's a fake. Yes, really, a fake.

That said, I think this piece of work is more interesting than it at first appears. I'll express this in just a few of problems I have with it:

- The second video features a number of images of people in situations we might find distressing. Yet Nokia use these images to make money. I wonder if the people featured are aware of how their image is used by a large multinational corporation to make yet more cash.

- That big business produces (or attempts to) form it's own countermovement is just so big brother 1984.

- The 'movement' has a catch phase of 'I am not a member' yet entices people to sign up.

- These advertisements (I will not say viral as that adds the tinniest impression that this is people led movement) may divert attention way from of the excellent independent films and videos out there.

- It diverts attention away from the real issues.

- The subliminal message in the video was that we (the consumer) need to buy lots of Nokia gear and software, so we can undertake surveillance of the state, otherwise they will use the same technology against us.

- The website clearly has a fake registry.

I can't find anything to suggest that the lady in the video is missing, do you have a source?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Lets Look at the "Big Picture" here!

In my opinion, I think that this site and it's supposed purpose deserves the benefit of being considered as "legit".

Considering society's addiction, (escapism) to the "distraction of electronic gaming, portable devices, and the large public following of specific musicians, I'd have to consider this attempt to "inform through research", (ie.. solving the puzzle of current events through thought provoking gaming), as a brilliant idea.

Getting a distracted society to read, watch and otherwise become informed through documentary film or summary reports or by "mass media" is no easy task, when every other person is plugged into an electronic device, at home and in public.

Additionally, every newspaper / news program that I see / watch, is sponsored by corporate business of one type or another. So considering that every type of media is "corporate sponsored", (advertisement, thus hidden agendas), is Nokia being part of a "public information campaign" any different?

Furthermore, the "so called news media" doesn't report on issues that enlighten the public to "corporate agenda" nor does it promote the masses to search deeper into matters.
Generally it presents itself as having done it's job and has been reported, case closed, no more to report.

Suppose that this is just a game, and that this is an advertisement, is it any different in it's promotion than the latest blockbuster movie, reality show (so called), or electronic game?

I say let the people who may fall upon this story / game, seek for themselves and form their own opinion.

Promote thinking, do not prevent it....

Look at the bigger picture and believe that there are people out here that have the ability to think for themselves and don't need or want to be led through the dark corridors by a blind man.

Rather than spending the time and effort to "prevent" the public from attempting to "search the site", why don't you promote the "cautious advancement" by yourself entering the site and following through.
Once you have experienced the "game / movement", report back with your "honest and unbiased" findings.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

blackwellbriggs.com... posted as followes:

URGENT: Statement regarding The Pirate Bay and The Conspiracy For Good

On the 18th of May 2010, a group of individuals identifying themselves as The Conspiracy For Good and acting as cyber-terrorists stole a piece of private material. They then leaked the file into the public forum via The Pirate Bay. Purporting themselves to be nothing more than purveyors of free speech and Robin Hoods of the internet, The Pirate Bay and to a greater extent, The Conspiracy For Good are not just mischief-makers and petty thieves, they are criminals. These are individuals that compromise the advancement of the free market, attack personal privacy and corrode intellectual property and the ownership of information. Leaks of this nature are a testament to why extreme measures must be taken when protecting the safety and security of society. As a shareholder in the company, you can be rest-assured that Blackwell Briggs takes attacks like this very seriously and we assure you that measures have been taken to assure these frauds and felons are halted from future activities of this nature.

Thank you,

Blackwell Briggs

I should suppose you have visited the Blackwell Briggs website and consider the statement released by them as a promotional aid to The Pirate Bay, Nokia and The Conspiracy For Good....

I have a question... who are you and what is "your agenda"?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retorque
Lets Look at the "Big Picture" here!

In my opinion, I think that this site and it's supposed purpose deserves the benefit of being considered as "legit".

Legit? The original Blackwell Briggs makes no reference to Nokia. The Conspiracy For Good makes no reference to Nokia. The Conspiracy For Good website makes no reference to Nokia (unless you dig for it). The ultimate aim of all this isn't a social conscience but to draw people into a false 'organisation' and then flog them mobile/call phone services. This isn't advertising it's propaganda.

Considering society's addiction, (escapism) to the "distraction of electronic gaming, portable devices, and the large public following of specific musicians, I'd have to consider this attempt to "inform through research", (ie.. solving the puzzle of current events through thought provoking gaming), as a brilliant idea.

Getting a distracted society to read, watch and otherwise become informed through documentary film or summary reports or by "mass media" is no easy task, when every other person is plugged into an electronic device, at home and in public.

Additionally, every newspaper / news program that I see / watch, is sponsored by corporate business of one type or another. So considering that every type of media is "corporate sponsored", (advertisement, thus hidden agendas), is Nokia being part of a "public information campaign" any different?

Furthermore, the "so called news media" doesn't report on issues that enlighten the public to "corporate agenda" nor does it promote the masses to search deeper into matters.
Generally it presents itself as having done it's job and has been reported, case closed, no more to report.

Suppose that this is just a game, and that this is an advertisement, is it any different in it's promotion than the latest blockbuster movie, reality show (so called), or electronic game?

Yes, it's cleaver and well put together. It might even be a fun game but do really think that Nokia's real intention is to inform? Last time I looked at a film trailer, it said "Iron Man 2 Trailer", no one asked me to join an anti-robot suit movement.

I say let the people who may fall upon this story / game, seek for themselves and form their own opinion.

If you want to get used by the corporate shills to make them more money!

Promote thinking, do not prevent it....

Look at the bigger picture and believe that there are people out here that have the ability to think for themselves and don't need or want to be led through the dark corridors by a blind man.

Rather than spending the time and effort to "prevent" the public from attempting to "search the site", why don't you promote the "cautious advancement" by yourself entering the site and following through.
Once you have experienced the "game / movement", report back with your "honest and unbiased" findings.

Who said I was attempting to prevent anyone? I don't think anyone will read a thread on ATS and not look at this because of what I think! Heck, there may be some people who want to play the game, buy stuff from Nokia and go to events where Nokia attempt to sell you even more stuff. What I'm pointing out is that this is an attempt to subvert a populous disaffected with corporate brigands into the hands of corporate brigands.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Retorque

My agenda is to expose the truth.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

Oops! First let apologize for "seemingly attacking you personally". That was not my intention, however re-reading my post in my awake mode, I see that I may have worded my opinion to cause it to "attack" you and your statement. Again, I'm sorry if I offended you.
What I wanted to state, was that I think the "so-called movement", warrants more investigation, (which I have not yet done) and that on the surface, (as posted on Blackwell's web-site) something ticked them off, (adding a dab of "Hmmm?" to the issue).
As to the "blind man" remark, not meaning you, (or anyone else personally), was meant to say that there are a lot of "citizens" that read these post that reply and / or repeat the statements as fact and some "opinions" negate the need to research for themselves, if it follows their pre-conceived notion of said events.
Hope that is better understood than my previous statements.
Again, sorry if my remarks came across as attacking you or anyone else.
Sincerly, Retorque (deh)

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Retorque, this is ATS, I expect a challenge and I don't take it personally. And I didn't take the blind man remark as a direct reference, so don't worry you haven't offended me.

The Blackwell Briggs site clearly is made-up, part of the over all media facade. The Blackwell Briggs site and the Conspiracy for Good site are both registered to 'Rua Dr. Brito Camara, n 20, 1 Funchal, Madeira 9000-039'. Check it yourself here: Domain Tools. Why would a corporate website and an anti-corporate website have the same registrar? Maybe because they are set up by the same advertising agency?

You can't 'tick off' Blackwell Briggs, they are a fake company. There is no listing for them at UK Companies House.

I have not joined the Conspiracy for Good and it's a legitimate question as to why not. I have been as far as I need to ascertain the 'fake' nature of the whole piece, I don't need to go any further. I don't want to be involved with Nokia's bizarre sales tactics, thank you.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I can confirm that this is total bull. This was an easy one guys...
As Mithrawept pointed out, it takes 2 seconds to figure out, using WHOIS or whatever, that both sites are registered in the same name, yet both claim the other is evil.
Another few moments to check out UK Companies House register and determine that they are not even registered.
A google search will provide you with nothing but crap.

You could've figured it out even by looking at the Blackwell Briggs website and, if they were such a big corporation, why haven't we heard of them before..? Why, if they are so long standing, do they only have one line 0203 - a new London code? Why have the directors emails and not other staff? Why is the "recruitment expo" not there?

Why do they have so many spelling errors on their website?
Why do they only use archive/stock images on the site?

Why am I asking so many questions?

At least Mithrawept seems to know the score when it comes to sorting the wheat from the chaff - good on you. I agree with you that Nokia's latest "creative-worthy" tactic is interesting, despite being done before, and I would recommend that people stay away from this "game".

Isn't it interesting how this occurs [launch of viral campaign practically coincided] as the new iPhone comes out..?
An obvious hint that this was yet another lame Viral campaign - only question remained: Who for and Why [do I care]?

Blackwell Briggs does not exist. It is part of the social experimentation / "fun games" / exercise in surveillance of London City in prep for Olympics 2012, that is Conspiracy for Good.

A viral campaign like this, I think it's Nokia... Am unsure which agency is running atm - not TribalDDB for certain - could be anyone and I'm not really that bothered about finding out more.

Observed their latest event (Ice Cream Van one) the other day, dressed to start as a beggar (made £7 in less than an hour! That's more than flipping burgers!), and followed several people - changing clothes undetected for the duration. It basically led to a party.

Seems that the idea that it is prelim. testing for surveillance of Westminster in prep. for 2012 Olympics gains credence.
I wonder if they spotted me..? The police didn't. Neither did "Blackwell Briggs" or "Conspiracy for Good" and I mimicked the actions performed by those I was following so that "Blackwell Briggs" would think I was one of the "Conspiracy".

Still - at least this is better than Flashing. ie, Flash Nobbing, sorry, Mobbing.
Silly buggers, all goofing around with their iPods and best clothes. They, unavoidably, made me late for a really important meeting at Paddington last time.
(I'm not following Flash Nobbing just to know what time train to get, don't be ridiculous...)

I'm glad that fad is dying out.

At least it has evolved into something that is more useful and can be utilised for something, rather than the usual viral crap that Ad Agencies and the people [whomever they may be] like "CFG/BB" come up with.

Demands attention and there is much to be learned from their behavioral experimentation. Even if it does reek more than a six month old Red Herring.

top topics

join