It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this strange?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I read. A lot. And when I say a lot I mean a extreme amount of books, reports, etc. Who knows how many paragraphs I've read? I am currently reading seven books at the same time. I typically read five or six chapters of one, pick up another one a few hours later and repeat. Mentally I can go back and re-read every paragraph that I've read and remember the important plot points, certain paragraphs and I can always keep all of the characters in order. Another strange thing is that when I read something I always envision it mentally. And were not talking stick figures or something. I piece together the appearance of a character from what I get from the description, their voices and their personalities. And the end product is a mental version (Not mental as in crazy :pbjtime
version of a hit movie.

Even when I go back to five or six years ago I can vividly remember things I've read. It's just strange because sometimes when I am actually reading something I don't really pay attention. I drift off into my head and far away from the novel. But I subconsciously pick everything up along the way and later I'll remember what I've read. I don't know. I just think it's kind of interesting. Is there anyone else out there who does this?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Strange ...no..but I BOW to you.
I WISH I could do that.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
When I read books I always see pictures rather than the written word. I used to read a lot of sword and sorcery novels which really encourages that.

I used to read several (non-fiction) books at a time - a few chapters here another few there and it was always amazing to me the way the information would 'dovetail'. It was like fitting pieces of a jigsaw puzzle together.

Since I've got the internet I don't read many books anymore and, thinking about it, I'm not sure that I 'picture' things when reading off the computer screen to the extent that I used to do it when reading books.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

not really strange. It happens to people from time to time. Some are capable of this and some aren't

cool though

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

join