It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Message Boards"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Something is fishy on message boards across the internet. What exactly? Well, you just notice that for some odd reason members are by far more so male than female. Are many females in a conspiracy against being members of message boards? Do many females have something against joining message boards? What? Are many females just not into the discussion thing? Are many females just not into discussion so as long as males play a role in this discussion thing going on on the internet?

I have an assignment for you which meet a lot of females... Its just I want you to ask them why they do not do the message board discussion thing, and then come back with the scoop on why from them.

If it turns out that many females like to vocally talk than type, then my idea of a phone-in styled, voice mail message board would be spledid to get more females into the message board discussion thing.

I have a question just for the males reading this, do you like it that it's less females on message boards? If so, why do you like it like that?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not sure if you've noticed, but there are plenty of female posters...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I see a lot of female posters on here, and I'm one of them. I doubt it really matters. Gender to me is only a neccesity for procreation and partnership preferences, not the ability to conduct oneself online.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There has been an upsurge of female members here since I joined 3 years ago.
Many do not let on that they are female though for fear of being hit on or not being taken seriously for their opinions in a male dominated environment.
Many members here like to keep anon just because of the type of site ATS is.
There is no conspiracy there really..just simple human conditioning in reality that transfers over to the internet.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

Gender is most important when it comes to writing your name in the snow... The male appendage has more agility to aim although this is obviously completely disregarded when it comes to shooting straight into the toilet bowl.

On the more serious note, I have found females to be vociferous and learned opponents on the ATS message boards and as a percentage of the gender based posters, I would say that they provide a much smaller proportion of trolling replies. I have found that female respondents provide constructive posts rather than ego based dismissive posts much more frequently.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think a lot of it has to do with the nature of the forum, ie, what topics they discuss. Most of the forums I belong to are composed of women. Many "email groups" such as the old msngroups are essentially forums as you do have the option of reading the posts on a message board type setting.
There's no conspiracy. Lots of email groups and forums out there that have lots of women on them. By the way, I'm female.

Speedbump

new topics

top topics

join