It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess Of York, Caught Selling Access To Prince Andrew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess Of York, Caught Selling Access To Prince Andrew

www.huffingtonpost.com

LONDON — Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson said Sunday she was "very sorry" for her lapse of judgment after she was recording apparently offering to sell access to her ex-husband Prince Andrew in return for 500,000 pounds ($724,000).

The duchess said in a statement that she had financial problems, but "that is no excuse for a serious lapse in judgment and I am very sorry that this has happened."

"I very deeply regret the situation and the embarrassment caused," she said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Here we go again with the Royal family. Wouldn't Prince Andrew have to be in on this if she was in fact, selling "face-time"? Could you imagine if this was anyone else caught doing something similar? She says she was having money problems but does this mean that she can't wipe her rear with banknotes? I don't buy that this was isoltaed or that it was her alone.

I just don't understand how the British citizens allow this "royal" family to suck up their tax dollars and influence policy. I know we shouldn't point out the splinter in their eye when we [Americans] have a plank in our own, but from what I see, it looks as if the Royal family is more corrupt than anyone else in the world. To add on top of that, they are born into that influence, not unlike the oligarchy here in the States, I guess, though it seems a little different.

--airspoon

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yea that is despicable, shows the fine values the monarchy represents or the economy is hitting everyone hard or both.

Though someone has already started a thread about it here already...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The poor girl ONLY gets $60,000 a year from her ex-hubby for doing nothing but sitting on her royal behind. Why, it's a wonder she's not walking the streets to supliment her income.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This is just tabloid manipulation in my opinion. If Sarah Palin can make $100,000 for a speech (and her daughter is requesting $15-30,000 for the same) then it is apparent that money can buy personalities and the propagation thereof...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
This is just tabloid manipulation in my opinion. If Sarah Palin can make $100,000 for a speech (and her daughter is requesting $15-30,000 for the same) then it is apparent that money can buy personalities and the propagation thereof...

But Sarah Palin does not sit on her behind and laugh at the little people. She is standing with those same people the elites are calling racists & a bunch of do nothing tea bagging white males in their 40's.

And the Tea Party is made up of 70% females, 35% democrats, median age is in mid 30's.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
But Sarah Palin does not sit on her behind and laugh at the little people.

I am fairly certain that the same can't be said for the Duchess...though I am not defending this or her personality.

And someone whom takes a tenth of a million speaking to people using mostly connotation, thusly perpetuating partisanship, is not someone I think viable. Her perspective isn't even relevant to me with that in mind...as she is still, in my opinion, pandering to the elite format that was set up (societally speaking)...

And the Tea Party is made up of 70% females, 35% democrats, median age is in mid 30's.

Interesting demographics in my opinion...and supports, albeit doesn't prove, a supposition of mine.

Regardless...a "figurehead" taking money for access to another "figurehead" is not only an example of how much money gets tossed around in those circles but also a reflection on how much attention they expect to receive for it. Which is our problem. Ignore them and the price goes down...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Money definitely gets tossed around, I don't disagree with your opinion regarding that. Its is with every politicians or a pundit who aligns with what ever party to request funds for their participation in what ever event. I believe that the money given to these politicians is not only meant to provide their living, but these same individuals use these funds to setup others or self for future elections.

Though I might have taken this offtrack, I apologize to the OP.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I posted about this as well, different board though.

Duchess Sarah Ferguson 'Devastated' by Tabloid Cash Sting

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It's hilarious that people would even consider paying this amount of money to visit a sheltered young Englishman.

I wouldn't pay that for an interview with God.

- Silly girl, Sarah, pimping out your ex.
- And even sillier folk who paid it.

Btw, I don't believe for a moment Prince Andrew was not getting his cut.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
Royalty is an outdated concept, they are nothing but sponges who live off the blood sweat and tears of normal working people. As far as I'm concerned, the whole royal family (read; scumbags) should be put in front of a firing squad and executed as traitors to humanity, maybe America could do everyone a favour for once and send some bunker-busters their way.

The only thing so called "royalty" is good for is testing the tensile strength of rope.

Would you hang yourself if you discovered you had royal parents?

If not, your statement is meaningless.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrBones666

I would have to agree that the concept of royalty, is ridiculous and I can't imagine for the life of me, how others would be so accepting and tolerant of such an idea in this day in age.

No offense to the Britts on this board (I actually trained with the Royal Marines and found them to be quite "cheeky" fellows) but isn't the British monarchy inbred somewhere down the line? Did they not marry within the family, even within the same blood, in times past? While I have much respect for the young Prince Henry, the others make me literally gag. It's not the fact that they have money or hold influence, but rather that they seem to think themselves above everyone else.

For the life of me, I can't understand why on earth, the British tax-payers would tolerate such a drain on their money. What in fact do they do for England or the UK? What benefit are they to the people? I know that the Queen has her own money, however the tax-payers still pay out of their hind to service these people I'm sure.

--airspoon

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
The poor girl ONLY gets $60,000 a year from her ex-hubby for doing nothing but sitting on her royal behind. Why, it's a wonder she's not walking the streets to supliment her income.

Yep, that 500K would keep her from living paycheck to paycheck.

What a loser she is.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
She is not royal anyways , married a prince , thats it , hoi polloi brigade , not royal though , although she makes out she is all around ther world on untold amount of chat shows etc ....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

It seems like she would still have money the whole world is all about the $$$

new topics

top topics

join