It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who speaks for Muslims..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Dalia Mogahed is a senior analyst and executive director of the Gallup Center for Muslim Studies.
She leads the analysis of Gallup's unprecedented study of more than 1 ... See Morebillion Muslims worldwide. Mogahed also directs the Muslim-West Facts Initiative (www.muslimwestfacts.com), through which Gallup, in collaboration with The Coexist ... See MoreFoundation, is disseminating the findings of the Gallup World Poll to key opinion leaders in the Muslim World and the West. She travels the globe engaging audiences on what Muslims around the world really think. Her analysis has appeared in a number of leading publications, including The Economist, the Financial Times, The Wall Street Journal, Foreign Policy magazine, Harvard International Review, Middle East Policy, and many other academic and popular journals

Who Speaks for Muslims? 1/5
www.youtube.com...

Who Speaks for Muslims? 2/5
www.youtube.com...

Who Speaks for Muslims? 3/5
www.youtube.com...

Who Speaks for Muslims? 4/5
www.youtube.com...

Who Speaks for Muslims? 5/5
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Most of us aren't terribly worried about "who speaks for the muslims".

When they start treating their children and women something more like a human rather than property, maybe we'll give a crap.

The muzzies are stuck in the 6th century. Thats why they should stay OUT of Western parts of the world. They are incompatible.

these muzzie apologist's are akin to "Tokyo Rose" and "Axis Annie".

Spread propaganda and rot the minds of the youth...IF they are stupid enough to listen.

Shes all great about Gallup. Great.

Note that he mentions democracy. He was about information mining imho. We are NOT a democracy and were NEVER intended to be one.

for the THOUSANDTH TIME...

all together...

WE ARE A REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC. We are not mob rule.

In Dallas last year, a local station did "_____ in Dallas". Black, Women, Mexican/Latino, Gay, Catholic, and (you guessed it) MUSLIM in Dallas.

In varying degrees, they showed up for some interesting shows. The Catholics were a bit lack luster but plenty of Catholic folks called in and made it a fairly good show.

Mussies?

They were actively recruited where no one else had been. "Dignitaries" were sent to local mosques. Hell, I thing the POS's at CAIR were even contacted.

nothing.

Muzzies have been called on to march against muslim sponsored terrorism with groups in dallas.

No one comes.

The muzzies do not want to be accepted. They want to be in control.

I get along with most any other religion (asides from groups like Church of Satan ect.). Hindu's, Jews, Shinto, Pagan, Christian (except the weird ones), Buddhists, whatever. They don't push their crap at the point of a sword.

Mussies I have no tolerance for. I wouldn't mind if aliens abducted their butts over night.

I figure the best bet is for them to go to their little sand box's and leave us alone. They wont do this so we have issues.

I'll stop right here before I get really rolling.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

O.k., so you pretty much stold all of the talking points from the rest of us. Awesome reply, pretty much sums up how I feel......thanks. :-)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
you are both reactive to a dark beast.

watch the videos and come back and we'll talk. otherwise, i'm wasting my time talking to you... so spot on.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by miasria

My sound doesn't work. But I thought this is interesting.

Counterintuitive Discoveries in Who Speaks for Islam?

Who speaks for the West?
Muslims around the world do not see the West as monolithic. They criticize or celebrate countries based on their politics, not based on their culture or religion.

Dream jobs
When asked to describe their dreams for the future, Muslims don't mention fighting in a jihad, but rather getting a better job.

Radical rejection
Muslims and Americans are equally likely to reject attacks on civilians as morally unjustified.

Religious mainstream
Those who condone acts of terrorism are a minority and are no more likely to be religious than the rest of the population.

Admiration of the West
What Muslims around the world say they most admire about the West is its technology and its democracy -- the same two top responses given by Americans when asked the same question.

Critique of the West
What Muslims around the world say they least admire about the West is its perceived moral decay and breakdown of traditional values -- the same responses given by Americans when posed the same question.

Gender justice
Muslim women want equal rights and religion in their societies.

www.gallup.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

You are not mob rule, yet you want people to band together and kick Muslims out. Interesting.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by miasria

Well, that was interesting. Except for the first video which is just an explanation of methodology.

I think one thing Muslims need to understand about America is that our democracy is as phony as the one we are trying to force them into having. So we really aren't singling them out. Its just that Americans are immersed in the illusion of freedom, and the illusion of democracy. So we cant see for ourselves the phoniness of what we are imposing on other nations.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius....Note that he mentions democracy. He was about information mining imho. We are NOT a democracy and were NEVER intended to be one.

for the THOUSANDTH TIME...

all together...

WE ARE A REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC. We are not mob rule.

felonius... we are a constitutional republic.... but what difference does it make?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Which Group of muslims are you talking about? The Radical , non-radical?

I think the victims of 911 speak for the radical ones.

I think Mr. Obama Speaks for the non-radical.

Any questions?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

who is your question directed at loken?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by miasria

who ever started this thread.....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Maybe the Dajjal will speak for Muslims.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

watch the videos. some of the best put together videos that i've seen in terms of research. they're really not that long and it would be helpful. it is the common people that are being referred to. i.e. the majority... from around the world.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by miasria

Good luck pushing an educational thread.

They really are good videos though, although you can skip the first one without missing anything if you are short on time. It bascially just goes over methodology.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

top topics

join