It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A More Rational Look At HAARP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Is Baked Alaska Half-Baked?

The High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP), located near Gakona, Alaska, began in 1990. It consists of a high-power transmitter used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere, and a sophisticated suite of instruments used to observe the physical processes that occur in the excited region. When complete, 180 72-foot antennas will be distributed over about 33 acres, with a total transmitter power of about 3,600 kilowatts.

HAARP has become a favorite target for conspiracy theorists and doomsayers. They have blamed HAARP for triggering catastrophes of biblical proportions, such as massive floods, devastating droughts, powerful hurricanes, tornadoes and thunderstorms, and devastating earthquakes in Afghanistan and the Philippines aimed to “shake up” Muslim terrorists.

HAARP has also been blamed for major power outages in the western United States, the downing of TWA flight 800, and mysterious diseases such as the Gulf War Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Some claim HAARP is a mind control device that spurred the shootings at Columbine High School and elsewhere. (Devices are even being sold to block HAARP’s mind-altering emissions.) HAARP has also been described as an impenetrable missile defense shield, a death ray capable of rendering the Earth uninhabitable, a machine that can interfere with the migratory paths of wild animals, a diabolical tool wielded by the forces of the Antichrist, a worldwide communications jammer, an apparatus that can cause the Earth to spin out of control, and a system linked to UFO activity.

Why is HAARP such an attractive target for conspiracy theorists? HAARP is a gigantic, high-energy, Pentagon-funded gizmo located in the remote Alaskan wilderness that plays around with the Earth’s ionosphere, but whose purpose seems deeply mysterious to the scientifically uninformed. HAARP also involves physics resembling the alleged revolutionary work of a poster child of conspiracy theorists, Nikola Tesla, and is allegedly linked to physicist Dr. Bernard J. Eastlund’s weird patent (#4,686,605) involving the use of Tesla technology for altering the Earth’s energy fields.

The two main HAARP conspiracy and doomsday books are, Angels Don’t Play this HAARP: Advances in Tesla Technology by Dr. Nick Begich and Jeane Manning, and HAARP: The Ultimate Weapon of the Conspiracy by Jerry E. Smith, the former Executive Director of the National UFO Museum. In addition, numerous websites can be easily located that describe all the alleged dire effects of HAARP.

Perhaps the best defense of HAARP is posted on the official HAARP website, especially on the page entitled “Some Frequently Asked Questions about HAARP”. The site provides detailed descriptions of HAARP, its purpose, and its impact on the environment. According to this website, HAARP is a research facility whose goal is to “further advance our knowledge of the physical and electrical properties of the Earth’s ionosphere which can affect our military and civilian communication and navigation systems.” The ionosphere extends from 35 to 500 miles above the Earth’s surface. It contains charged particles, called ions, and electrons that can destroy, reflect, and absorb radio signals. The behavior of these particles impacts communications, navigation, surveillance, and remote sensing systems. By better understanding Earth’s ionosphere, the reliability and performance of these systems can be improved.

....more in link....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Might as well just read Haarps website since everything in that article is based off Harrps website.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Top Secret Military Projects are kind of like Secret Societies, in that they never tell you exactly what they do, they just spend a lot of time telling you what they don’t do.

This is not a very forthcoming or informative way to provide information to people, and simply leads to an atmosphere of mistrust.

However HAARP is a military project and it is associated with some disturbing patents, and they are not forthcoming about their work.

To suggest it doesn’t have military applications that warrant such a huge expanse, and such secrecy is ridiculous.

To say that its military capabilities are benign is even more absurd.

The only thing more repugnant than secrecy are those who wish to claim a vague notion of what is, by making even vaguer assertions of what isn’t.

So far the non-credentialed, semi anonymous, pseudo scientists who like to run around ATS and the Internet as little more than government shills, babbling doublespeak that also centers on what HAARP isn’t versus what HAARP actually is, are equally cancerous in a malignant and not a benign way.

If you can’t display exactly what HAARP is, and HAARP itself can’t and won’t make its actual activities and capabilities fully known, then you are a fool, a shill, a dupe, or someone whose opinion is otherwise irrelevant if all you are sharing is what you imagine HAARP isn't.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

HAARP is not a top secret military project. It is not secret at all.

If it were there would not be hundreds of papers published about the research there. If it were scientists from around the world would not be allowed access. If it were there would be no public website.

Try finding a real top secret project with this sort of characteristics. You won't. They don't lie about what they're doing they just say "Sorry, top secret" and that's the end of it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well, to be totality honest everything you say about HAARP is entirely true.

It is nothing more than a science experiment.

That is because there are two sites in Alaska.

The one that you all know about and the other that no one has seen near Fairbanks.

I will give you a link.

Poker Flats,Alaska

Of course nobody will read it,their to busy fretting over a little spilled oil.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Poker Flat is not secret either. It is a launch facility owned by the University of Alaska.

Owned and operated by the University of Alaska's Geophysical Institute since 1968, the range has been primarily dedicated to the launch of sounding rockets for the purpose of auroral and middle to upper atmospheric research. Range operations are funded through contracts with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the range has been operating under a cooperative agreement between NASA and the Geophysical Institute since 1979.

Here's a better link:
www.pfrr.alaska.edu...

It's instruments include VHF radar and magnetometers. It has no ionospheric heater.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wow some more HAARP isn't drivel as a means to establish what HAARP is!

What a surprise.

HAARP is a fenced, secure military facility, in the remote Alaskan wilderness. Southcom it is not.

If you haven't been inside it, and been given a free run of the place and don't have Doctorates in the sciences that they are playing with, and have never used the machinary that you have never seen first hand, why must we pretend what HAARP isn't.

It's no more scientific of an approach than pretending what HAARP is.

What it is, is highly suspicious.

[edit on 25/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I recently watched a program that said there are 3 facilities owned by the United States, the 2 locations in AK and another one in Puerto Rico.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Yea, its just some science experiment guys...

Some of you really make me laugh here, which is much needed. Thank you.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If a project was so super "top secret" and "diabolical"

Everybody on the internets wouldn't know it's name ...HAARP.

I would think the powers that be would be able to keep a secret...just sayin'

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yes, why do you pretend HAARP is what it is not?
That's a very good question. Why out of ignorance, speculation, and fear, do you claim it is a weapon when there is no evidence to indicate that?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

you're not one of the government disinformation agents are you? This post reminds me of style used in the conspiracy section of america.gov. Your info says you're from the USA, but you might be a Canadian troll posting your lies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by belidged

I myself get called a dis-info agent all the time.

I'm a fat , beer drinking plumber from Canada.

He just posted some good info, that happens to conflict your more entertaining yet, factually weak opinion......you call him a liar..boooo!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That's a very good question. Why out of ignorance, speculation, and fear, do you claim it is a weapon when there is no evidence to indicate that?

And you have something other than your opinion to back up your claims?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
reply to post by belidged

I myself get called a dis-info agent all the time.

I'm a fat , beer drinking plumber from Canada.

He just posted some good info, that happens to conflict your more entertaining yet, factually weak opinion......you call him a liar..boooo!

But you could be. Harper is up to no good in that regard, just like some here in our govt. IE, Cass Sunstein. I bet he even posts here...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

A More Rational Look At HAARP

Just from the title of your thread I knew that ATS was probably the last place your thread belonged.
Youi should know that by now, man.

Talk about HAARP here is nearly never rational.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by belidged

you're not one of the government disinformation agents are you? This post reminds me of style used in the conspiracy section of america.gov. Your info says you're from the USA, but you might be a Canadian troll posting your lies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see. I think I've addressed the issue of those who see a post they don't like and immediately claim "obvious government shill/paid disinfo artist" may times on this site.

You'll now have to square the circle of why a Canadian troll would defend an American facility.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
Might as well just read Haarps website since everything in that article is based off Harrps website.

Now that much is true. I found the reporting disturbingly limited since it is based solely off the website. However, how many people who assume HAARP conspiracy have ever visited their website? Probably not many and it does address FAQs and dispels false assumptions.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I want to know where I can sign up to be a government agent for dis-info. Hell, I freely admit I used to work for the US Government, more specifically the DoD.

One thing I really find fascinating about HAARP and the conspiracies, is most people talk out their ass. If you disagree with the conspiracy, then you're a shill who's opinion should just be blown off. No minds already made up there willing to accept facts and maybe change their opinion. After all, those pesky facts destroy the illusion of the greatest earthquake causing, mind control gizmo ever built that can cause both drought and rain, simultaneously.

Does anyone other than myself, on this site (not just this thread), know that HAARP testing is publicly announced. Ham operators, like myself, are encouraged to report what they heard and signal strength. Yeah, it's a big secret known only to ham masons with an Illuminati decoder ring.

The third site mentioned is Arecibo Puerto Rico.

I really hope someone uses Dr. Nick Begich as a source of info. People should really check credentials before using them as a basis for their own opinion.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Except I haven't claimed anything, other than it is a top secret military installation, in the remote Alaskan wilderness.

Both of which are true. I can not definitavely say what it is or what it isn't no more than I can say what Masonry is or isn't, or any other organization or device shrouded in secrecy I have no first hand working knoweldge of.

One of the problems with such discussions is the desire on behalf of some to substantiate their position as fact by drawing camps and stereotyping and painting anyone as not of the same opinion as being in some camp, and then simply trying to abuse that camp, rather than frame a logical argument.

There is no shame in confessing you are ignorant of what you don't know, and if you haven't spent time inside of HAARP, cleared to see everything, with a real working background in the sciences and technology, then you really don't know anything but what a top secret military installation wants you to know, and the very nature of such places dictates that to preserve their secrets they not tell you anything of substance.

In reality the way the Original Piece is set up, is simply to ridicule people who don't accept the official story, by placing tin foil hats on them and speculating about their mental health and reasoning capabilities to make an argument in favor of something devoid of any real facts in regards to that something.

That's the simple science of divide and conquer warfare and polarization, and while yes HAARP sits by one of the Poles, neither the OP or you can define what HAARP is and what all it can do.

So in reality the very same logic some would ridicule those in the 'other' camp for is evident, and the argument which can only be an argument in absence of all the facts, is simply a 'I don't like people who think like you argument', and 'people who think like me are always right argument', and 'people who think like you are always wrong argument', which is in reality all that can be argued without the facts that both sides, all sides are ignorant of that are being withheld.

The thread should be titled "Who wants to have a petty argument about something no one here knows the truth of".

[edit on 26/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join