It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A friendly reminder about the oil future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

A friendly reminder about the oil future

beforeitsnews.com

OPEC has at last learned how to play the oil game! They are playing it the way that you and I would play it if given the opportunity, and the bottom line for their strategy – whether they know it or not – is to produce as little oil as possible, invest as much money as possible in things like the production of oil products and petrochemical production, and invest as little money as possible in additional oil production facilities. This is what the oil future is going to be, regardless of what they say and you believe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Most people do not understand the true impact that our exponential growth is having on our non-renewable resources. On a finite planet with finite resources, we cannot expect to grow indefinitely.

I'm not saying we should totally do away with oil. If that happened there will be mass starvation, even for the survivalists. You will be only one of the 300 million in this country hunting game.

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2010 by sureshot321]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Good thread. It should be obvious to people that this is what will occur, but unfortunately it isnt obvious to most people.

Hopefully your thread will get some people to think.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sureshot321

Amazing article....

Thank you very much!

Though I believe that oil fields BP tapped in the gulf was going to change that equation a bit, at least from the geopolitical perspective of North America...

I feel like I'm in a giant game of Age of Empires...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yeah, unfortunately having a good supply of oil doesnt make it in their best interests not to gouge us in terms of price.

Its one of the problems with monopoly and oligopoly. The rational thing for those groups or individuals to do is to raise prices as high as they possibly can. And one of the bad things with the way corporate interests are buying up politics around the world is that we have no one to make them stop it. You see it is also rational for them to take effective control of the agencies and political bodies that could thwart their pursuit of optimal profits.

Its in OUR rational interests to prevent them from doing that, but instead, we (the people of the world) are helping them. Odd isnt it?

But there is a reason for that. The reason is that corporations, not being human, can behave rationally in pursuit of their own interests. (Of which there is only one, profit) But the people of the world are at a disadvantage. You see we dont behave rationally. Emotions drive our actions, not logic. So anyone who can control our emotional response, can control our behaviors.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Very good point about corporate rationality and human (ir)rationality.

new topics

top topics

join