It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds eyeing online forums to correct 'misinformation'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

www.ctv.ca

The next time you post an opinion in an online forum or a Facebook group message board, don't be surprised if you get a rebuttal from a federal employee.

The government is looking for ways to monitor online chatter about political issues and correct what it perceives as misinformation.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade has paid the firm $75,000 "to monitor social activity and help identify ... areas where misinformation is being presented and repeated as fact,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The firm alerts the government to questionable online comments and then employees in Foreign Affairs or the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, who have recently been trained in online posting, point the authors to information the government considers more accurate.

I don't mind being linked and proven right or wrong
No problem with that whatsoever

As long as these people present themselves as govt. internet thought agents that's fine.

It appears to be just the beginning.

Of course it does
It always is.

But the people are paying for this
While Canada is suffering from a deficit

www.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Didnt they talk about Obama doing this at some point, I am sure this was be said so it should be no suprise.

As long as they dont arrest me for saying 9/11 is an inside job or obama sucks then I dont have any issues what they have to say.

Its when we get locked up for saying those things is when we have to worry about this.

Anyway they are like any other idiot on the internet, check the facts on what they say before you take it as real, cause like us, dont trust them as far as you can throw them.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm sure the USA already has something like this being implemented.

But these people would be pretty obvious to spot. They probably have to go by some scripted guideline.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
They may have fun arguing with me...they may want to consider it as an advanced course of their training...

Seriously, if proper research is done and reactionary posts are minimized to the facts then it shouldn't matter if a trained "Fed" responds. They don't have all the answers and neither do we.

I see it, despite the fact that there is an oppurtunity for intentional deflection, as a further means of collaboration...which is what ATS is about in the first place...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
From the people that brought you 'evidence of WMD in Iraq' and 'CBO proof that government run Health Care would save money,' comes 'information the government considers more accurate.'

Clearly our government is completely benevolent, altruistic and truthful.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The uk government was using electronic mind control in schools in london in 1992, and i found this out.

Go gov and tell how you people do all these horrendous things to destroy lifes of people that just want to live there lifes.

The gov can talk all the puke it wants, they still set out to destroy my life for 18 years, and they will till i die.

Governments and police must be full of 90% psychopaths types who will kill or torture anyone they want.

But heck people the gov can hide behind the fact that the general public are too ignorant and they laugh there socks of at anyone being tortured.

Go get them gov ops, you wonderful liars.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The uk government was using electronic mind control in schools in london in 1992, and i found this out.

Can you substantiate this?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have some experience w/ disinfo agents. Check out my blog - there are several articles on those people: plasticmacca.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by andy1033

Can you substantiate this?

Of course i cannot, do you think anyone can sue the government. I can opely talk about this to everyone who knows me, as they know this has been happening to me since school.

Someone else confirming this is real is not real for you on a forum is it, but its real and everyone knows it, that knows me.

The police in effect committed premeditated murder against my life, and made sure i could not live a life.

But of course gov people will come on here going, can you back this up with this and that.

I have been writing about this for years, and not once have i had problems about it, and i openly talk about these crimes done to me by the gov and police in uk, and no one even questions it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I might have an idea about some of the existing disinfo agents on these boards, most probably have ran into them as reason & proof never seems to change their mind.

/sarcasm

ETA: /sarcasm as some people took this to be personal

[edit on 23-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

www.ctv.ca

The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade has paid the firm $75,000 "to monitor social activity and help identify ...

...either a department head is getting an extra $75,000 a year or they've hired one of their family members to be an online spy for 75grand a year or its being paid to a couple of grunts ($37,500 a year) or three grunts for an even $25,000 a year... no matter how you break it down, its not enough to pay for an online surveillance system that will accomplish anything viable... sounds like a sucker deal to me...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Hold on there...you should take a look at the first link in my signature.

I was merely wondering if there was any other links I could review regarding the topic; I don't necessarily disbelieve you. In fact, I find it quite possible. But I can't base an opinion without further information...

Please u2u me with a reply to this, if you so desire, as I think we have gone off topic...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They must be having a hard time getting the corporate-fascist-government propaganda to stick.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Winston Smith is going to be a very busy man in the near future. It's going to take an army of them to get the 'truth' out there.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ModernAcademia.....

I also have no problem with the concept of discussing & arguing issues with government people, as long as:

- They are clearly indentified as that

- There is no recourse to members arguing from postions contrary to the government position.

If anything, it might be a way to open up communications between the 2 parties regarding interesting subjects.

I would love to see that happen in the "UFO & Alien" forum!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well wont that be convenient. If we want an answer to some question, a friendly federal employee will just show up in a thread and respond to us.
Nice.

Because when I emailed FEMA and asked about the death camp rumors, I got no official response. Even when I pointed out that there were a whole lot of rumors about it, and that if it were not true that it might be a good idea to officially state that it wasnt true. I was a little disheartened not to get any response at all. Lol.

It would be much easier to just have a federal official pop into our threads and answer these concerns for us. Its kind of a pain looking up the names of the people who are in charge of this or that and emailing them individually.

I dont know that they will assign an official to ATS though, we might already be considered lost causes in the battle for public opinion. Facebook and the other sites that are mentioned in the article are probably more important battle zones for the federal officials because of the sheer number of people, and because the people there are not already conveniently labeled "nuts."

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Interesting!

But why on Earth would they chose the Department of Fisheries and Oceans to monitor online chatter?

Don't they have better things to do?

Edit: Reminder to myself! never post before reading the whole article!

OK! I get the connection now! It apparently begun with the anti-sealing movement.

Quite amusing nevertheless!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Maybe not. After all, in the next 40 years or so, depending upon which study you look at, our fisheries are collapsing anyway.

Perhaps they are just getting those employees cross trained for when the fishies go bye bye.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Perhaps they are just getting those employees cross trained for when the fishies go bye bye.

But if all the fish go bye bye were finito!

Yes! it's probably some kind of cross training for some departments! but wouldn't that be a worrying developing trend by itself? If government employees of large departments in danger of downsizing are getting cross trained to do online monitoring or any other Gestapo kind of Surveillance duties instead.

Maybe we will soon see similar developments for many of the troubled Southern EU countries - It wouldn't surprise me at all really, since most EU countries often have large public sector of employment!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Chevalerous]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join