It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jefferson Parish, LA officials commandeer BP boats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
We are at war with machines, not people.

Machines function beyond life, that is why they are so dangerous. Their existence, while basically human collectives, are to perpetuate themselves, not the world. We are the world.

It's not that corporations (the machines) are amoral at this point, that's merely obvious, no, it's that they are actively looking for huge profits through the destruction of our reality itself. because they have the idea (since GW Bush, et al) that media messaging creates new realities.

Jefferson Parrish and Plaquemines Parrish are not going to be at odds with this (I'm from NOLA and it's just common sense).

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Nice, a bit of good news.
I think that very soon this is going to turn into a full out crap-storm of anger.

At least I hope it will.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
IIIIEEEEE brothers. IIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They just had the guys on the WVUE 9pm newscast. The segment was pretty much the closest Ive seen to Mel Gibson's Braveheart speech.

I'm not a tree hugger, and understand the importance of oil to our economy and everyday lives. But something has to be done NOW!!!!!! This is our local economy & hurricane protection we're fooling with.

I wonder, if another katrina or Rita type hurricane hits, would BP be held liable since their spill destroyed the storm surge buffer??

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is the first time I've felt something besides loathing or despair since TransOcean's rig went down in April... finally, FINALLY someone who's not concerned about recovering oil or protecting their political interests has taken a stand. Way to go JP, keep on keepin' on. Do what you have to do. These guys are the ones that came up with the gameplan along with the COE, if anyone has a right to take matters into their own hands, these guys are it...

Were I anyone in Obama's administration or working with BP, the only thing I would do is help them at this point. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE comes out decrying them as vigilantes or tries to have them stopped because they dared commandeer idle equipment to help save the wetlands... well, let's just say that the backlash would make the press Bush got after Iraq seem like a wet dream to Obama. He along with BP would be metaphorically crucified... and rightly so.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
whats the story about north korea torpeadoing this oil rig??? wtf any HELP?!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I am a singer/songwriter, that wants to use my talent to bring about awareness and change. This disaster stemming from the greed of big oil and big brother inspired me to make my first music video. Link below......

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
That was a smart move. It lessens the chances of BP people going around and threatening news crews and such, like they did with CBS the other day.

BYW, anyone see that CBS story on the news, or just the internet.. I didn't see it on the news.. I would have thought it would have been all over the news stations.. strange don't you think.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

I grew up in Louisiana, and I don't believe Karma can explain either Katrina or this oil gusher.

Go Cajuns! Take back your marshes!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Two things here:

BP should be run into the ground for their extreme minimizations and lack of motivation at doing everything possible to mitigate this disaster. Permits? Are you kidding me? This isn't business as usual, this is a global emergency!

Secondly, In November and 2012 we need to run everyone out of Washington DC and take this country back and put some people with common sense and consideration for the people of this country, world, and the laws, constitution, and Civil Rights and Liberties of the citizens.
The politicians that have been in DC, both Republicans and Democrats, have shown every bit of contempt and disregard for what the people want and this disaster is the final straw.

FIRE THEM ALL!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
double post....

[edit on 24/5/10 by spirit_horse]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Way to go JP star and flag for sure. Hey you wanna talk conspiracy? You got the oil spill to push folks back from the southern coastal areas, and the illegals for everybody else near or in a border area. I feel like we are being herded. Get us all in one general area near the middle of the country. all the while the chaos of a crashing economy....herded

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

I just watched some fantastic basketball shots made from an airplane which was shown on CBS's EARLY Morning show so why doesn't someone hire those guys? to plug the hole. Heck, if someone can shoot a basket from an airplane and other seemingly impossible shot, why can't this oil spill be shut off? I guess BP better watch the video. Not trying to make light of a situation, but this oil spill has become not only a source of pain, irritation, and ridicule, but a national disgrace.

I also did read that all agree that none of them can do anything at all except utilize the knowledge of the oil companies. You can complain all you want, but they have the engineers and manpower to do the job.

At the same time, I do not understand why it is that USNavy has not sent frogmen down to do the job. I mean really...doesn't anybody realize that this is serious!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angiras

Sheesh, Katrina and now this. Louisiana must have some bad karma or something.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Angiras]

Oh no you di'nt.... Pat Robertson will have something to say about it I am sure...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Way to go JP!! Starred and flagged!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The oil gushing into the gulf has to be STOPPED FIRST.

Otherwise, no booms are every going to be effective against the sheer amount of oil that will be blown ashore.

The 2010 Hurricane Season will be studied 100 years from now, due to the impact of hurricanes and state sized oil slicks.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Gold_Bug]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

This situation bothers me so much that I have to make a few comments. One is that there are so many ships at the bottom of the sea that I just do not understand why it is that some ship could not have been wedged against that oil leak to prevent its leaking, and I am wondering exactly what would happen to that oil when such a device is finally placed there to stop this continuous pouring oil. There is absolutely no way to know how much oil is in that reservoir as I do not know of any measurements that reveal that.

Frankly, it appears that the oil companies and the government do not really know what they are doing.

This is gross incompetence at its very worst.

When ordinary people can sit around and think up solutions, one would think that those professionals who draw paychecks for this kind of thing would have had a solution by now. I am totally outraged!

Gee, a huge freighter ship by now would have served to plunge to the sea to seal this hole! I just would bet that any average science class has had brilliant ideas offered...amazing, isn't it? Maybe now I can get some sleep!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

or maybe people just picked a bad place to set up shop

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
What is amazing to me, is the US govt and military are, has been, and will be able to mobilize and move thousands of troops and equipment anywhere on the planet within 24 hours, and yet this oil has been gushing for over a MONTH and they are still sitting with their thumbs up their asses while the entire coastline gets poisoned for decades.

I bet if we wanted to invade Iran or North Korea the response would be swift and effective. We can put machines and men in orbit but we can't stop a leaking pipe on the ocean floor?

Granted the leak is under a mile of water, but guess what, if stopping a leak that deep is near impossible, perhaps we should admit that we are not masters of the planet, and we do not yet have the technology to safely drill for oil at that depth, since if something goes wrong we are helpless to do anything about it, and all of the gulf coast fishermen, oyster beds, shrimp beds, fisheries, marshes, bird habitats, and tourism will have to suffer for decades because of the incompetent arrogance and inaction of a big oil corporation and the govt which is sucking at their teats.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I am very proud of these people for doing what they can. The Southern attitude of "get up and do it yourself" is really shining in them.

But we all know it won't help. No more vacation hopes for my family. The Gulf is our only beach anywhere near Birmingham, and frankly, AL only had a smidgen of coastline to begin with.

Thanks, BP, thanks for nothing. I guess my old schoolmate's worries over his new restaurant down there are no longer a problem.

WTG, BP, that was one of our only real tourist attractions, too. What a pal you guys turned out to be....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join