It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello I'm new/desperate for help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I am a new member.

I'm here to seek help for an issue. I have severe Obsessive compulsive disorder and have had religious issues regarding selling soul and am hoping people here can help me. It's a very interesting forum fill with lots of great smart people.

Happy to be here.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by AjayTwo]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AjayTwo

Welcome to ATS.

First, you can't sell your soul, that's a myth

It belongs to you forever and forever, so don't worry about it.

I'm sure there are plenty of people here who will be able to help.

Just read everything with an open mind and make your own decisions

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AjayTwo

you should became a politician as you'll be selling your soul the first minute after taking the vows...

As for the obsessive part , we all have it more or less, it's in all of us , it's just a matter of oppressing it , while being compulsive , you should see some members here when they engage in disputes...

in conclsusion you came to the right place

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Welcome, OCD can be a debilitating disorder. It runs in my family. I actually use mine to further my knowledge and endeavors.

The only thing I can say is try and apply it. I do not suffer from specific compulsions but the inability to stop my mind from continually running. I have to apply myself to whatever it is I am doing to severe extremes. If I pick up a book I cannot put it down until I am done reading it. If I am building a project (construction supervisor) I cannot stop reading the blueprints until I know every inch of the design. Also it manifests itself in creating plans and lists such as my TO DO lists for every aspect of the projects. Even when I have everything wrapped up so nothing is missed, the brain still does not shutdown.

I have discussed this with a doctor and he wanted to put me on medications, one family member is on one. I cannot stand meds of any kind, even aspirins or acetaminophen. Talk to a doctor, maybe your problem could be alleviated by meds or by other means.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
OCD is term used by a different religion of a different color known as psychiatry, and their bible is the DSM. Take note of how my brother End, spoke of OCD being a problem, and yet, when he described its effects on him, what he truly described was a diligent soul who endeavored at understanding completely that which he confronted. How can that possibly be a problem? People are intent in declaring such behavior a problem, but I have seen the remarkable and rapid rate of which Endisnighe learns, and I fail to see how what he describes as being OCD as a problem. To his great credit, he abhors psychotropic drugs, as well as others, and has simply chosen to control his own behavior.

Choice is the key, and this is a contrary ideal to what the priest class psychiatrists would have you believe. Indeed, they will listen to you describe your problems, nod their head solemnly, and far too many will, without ever prescribing an MRI, blood tests, or even an EEG, that your problem lies in a chemical imbalance and call that science. They preach that you are nothing more than a biological construct, and that you can not control your physiology. This does nothing to empower you, and only you can empower you. Choose to do so, it will not be easy, but the struggle is worth the effort.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Na i doubt your right, it is not something you own either.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses

Some great advise and I agree that controlling it is key. I am doing a lot better now and for the most part have gotten my OCD under control. This one soul related issue is the only thing that is haunting me

Should I ask some of the religious folk here about this problem?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Hi, what do you mean by this? Does God own it?

Thanks.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Andy if you don't at least THINK you own your soul, then I don't even know what to say to you.

You must have a very dark and bleak existance.

IMO that's the ONLY thing you can't have removed, it's your lifeforce, your soul, it's what is you.

YOU are not your brain, YOU are the driver in a meat suit, YOU is your soul.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AjayTwo

ATS can be a great place and I hope you enjoy it. Please be very, very careful about the advice that gets offered. It's always worth realising the member giving advice can be 12 years old or 60 years old. It's worth keeping private details to yourself until you get to know people better. All the best

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Everything belongs to Love. If you have Karma to pay, and you want to change, then just be compassionate with the people that are around you.

Peace.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AjayTwo

Welcome AjayTwo.

One thing you should find here is acceptance. As long as you remain polite and adhere to the pretty straight forward Ts & Cs you'll soon find plenty of folks who can offer helpful advice.

I'd suggest waiting till you can post your own thread before discussing any specific issues in depth.

Very brave of you to be so up front. All of us have our quirks.

Wishing you well as you explore the world of ATS. You'll be surprised how many level-headed people there are in here, despite the fact many topics are, shall we say, off the beaten track...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I can help you. Take my Sixth Gospel path to sort things out.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What is the sixth gospel?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
About your soul stuff, in case you are possessed you need to eliminate it.

In case you want to read something righteous and powerful to counter your trouble I can only recommend you the free e-book Zhuan Falun.

It is linked in my profile below and that book is forbidden in China...

new topics

top topics

join