It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the "Bully Pulpit " Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I've Seen it here and there, never really bothered to go into it, but I just don't know what it is, or what it is for?

Is just for debate members (Fighters) to go to?

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Go ahead and make a thread there. From your reply to my post in another forum recently, I'm sure you would be right at home.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Basically, it is a place to discuss politics rationally and respectfully and away from the fray. I'm sure you know how heated it can be to discuss the subject. lol Many were getting frustrated when they wanted to discuss the real issues but were interrupted by trolls and political baiting.

So the Bully Pulpit requires the members to apply to join (just like the specialized forums), you have to be a member in good standing with a good history, and the penalties for disruption were very severe (resetting points to zero, etc.).

It's like the debate forum but not really. As in, you don't have to be a fighter to get in but you do have to apply for access and meet the requirements.

BULLY PULPIT INFORMATION.

The ATS Bully Pulpit is a special forum devoted to serious discussion of important contemporary political issues, without divisive partisan rhetoric.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I wish to apply then, that sound RIGHT up my alley.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Good luck and have fun! I was always too scared to apply with my big mouth and temper.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Pff as if.

You are far too sweet to have a temper

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I also refrained due to the penalties as well. Since I can and do get my back up from time to time. Especially when people want to deflect from the message and attack the source.

And as a side note, AshleyD can indeed be...let's just say less than cordial at times, just like any of us can be.

new topics

top topics

join