It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran renews offer to help on US oil spill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I don't care what anyone thinks. It is 30 days +, and the well is still spewing.

Get Iran's help. There is no reason to not accept their help. I don't care what the rednecks that i live around say about it. In the end, we all win. This whole "no win" situation crap isn't going to cut it when my great grandkids won't even get the chance to eat gulf shrimp in the summer. You know the ones....the big 20ct ones.

When the world is at stake, national allegiance means squat.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

im with this guy

do it for the shrimp

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Exactly, any help is good help right now.

Although I expect the US to not say anything about this and just snub them.

I also expect them to NOT take over operations and just allow this situation to continue.

This will be nail in the coffin for the Dems if they don't fix it soon.

~Keeper

I think it is the nail in the coffin for all politicians in office, in the US, Dem or Rep.

Get rid of them all.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The US should have accepted Iran's help when it was first offered. The US should accept SOMEBODY'S help, instead of just continuing to put their faith in BP. Not sure why, at the very least, the US Army Corps of Engineers is not on the case with regards to this leak.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer
You do know that BP was known and founded as the Anglo-Persian Oil Company right? I'm quite sure the Iranians have adequate experience especially since they have past encounter with said company. How much did Netanyahu paid you to make an uneducated remark?

Well, thanks for your constructive comment. I know the history of BP and I don't think my post was uneducated or ill concieved.

Tne offer by Iran is nothing but politics IMHO. It would be useful to know whether the Iranians have experience with resolving problems (such as those faced by BP and at such depths), because I don't think they have any experience. If they don't have experience then they are just onlookers.

Regards

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Well Iran does have some of largest Oil reserves in the world and they do a lot of drilling in the Gulf of Aden (

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
YES it DAMN well may be a political move...but SO WHAT? There's nothing more ignorant than turning away an offer of help to problem that has left them BAFFLED! Yes, they are BAFFLED, hence the plea to the PUBLIC for solutions...

AND I can tell you this, the real reason they WILL NOT accept help and HAVE NOT accepted help is because the situation is FAR WORSE than anyone can imagine. Want to keep the truth contained??? Keep the responsibility for the MESS lying squarely on the shoulders of the ones that created it. They will keep their FRICKIN MOUTHS SHUT. For the FEW of us that have been keeping a very CLOSE eye on the situation, well, don't say we never told ya so...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think it's a shame the USA can send in teams and personnel to help countries dealing with internal disasters, but something that could cause worldwide harm, we turn a blind eye to any assistance. The last time Iran offered help the media didn't say a peep. I doubt the media will report on this. God forbid giving Iran a positive image in the world, when their works show a different side of them than the official USA stance on Iran's behavior.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
I also doubt that Iran has any unique expertise to bring to the table with regards to this problem and the depths involved.

That is my thought as well. Sure Iran has experience capping blowout wells. But have any been this deep? The depth poses some unique issues that may be beyond their experience.

But the offer of help is a politically savvy move on the part of Iran, you got to give them good propaganda points for this move.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I think that it is best if people can work together to sort this leak, and I dont see an real reason why the US should not accept the offer of help in this situation, Iran will have a degree of knowledge in this area and as far as I am concerned the more minds we have on the problem the quicker a solution can be found.

We are over 30days into this crisis with no end in sight, we have BP telling us that its 5000 barrels a day thats leaking and it seems clear that its closer to 50,000 barrels a day, we have a US President who does not want to get involved and a BP CEO who is more interested in protecting the BP brand more than the Gulf of Mexico, and the MSM seem to be ignoring the issue with 30 second slots that tell us nothing.

Lets put all of the other differences between Iran and the US aside and work tegether for a change on protecting the environment and the Gulf of Mexico, if we wait for BP or President Obama to sort this out it will be too late and the damage will be a hundred times worse.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This has already been discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

On another note, It is a shame that we aren't taking all of the help that we can get, especially when nobody can logically deny that we need all of the help that we can get.

--airspoon

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
AGAIN!!! Please read. Its NOT the US who is not accepting the help. BP can accept help from whomever they want!!!! Quit saying this is the US turning down Iran.

Originally posted by cagliostro
The US should have accepted Iran's help when it was first offered. The US should accept SOMEBODY'S help, instead of just continuing to put their faith in BP. Not sure why, at the very least, the US Army Corps of Engineers is not on the case with regards to this leak.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Consider this response from BP:

BP's Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles has said if a planned attempt to plug the well with heavy mud fails, BP might not be able to stop the leak until a relief well is ready in early August.

Source: US Ready to Take Over Oil Response if BP Fails

Are you still gonna turn down Iran help even if it might save months of spillage, which has already spilled 20 million gallons in the gulf in the last month, predicted to increase to 7 million gallons per day???

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Are you still gonna turn down Iran help even if it might save months of spillage, which has already spilled 20 million gallons in the gulf in the last month, predicted to increase to 7 million gallons per day???

First of all, even if Iran's offer is sincere, do you know how long it would take for them to bring their equipment to the Gulf, set up all of the operations, then begin to execute their plan? This could easily take until August for all of that to happen. In addition, if they don't fix the spill but make it worse, do you think that they would be willing to pay all resulting damages? Don't even bother to think about an answer. I can tell you that the answer would be "No". The world cannot even get them to agree on the development of nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

This has already been discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

On another note, It is a shame that we aren't taking all of the help that we can get, especially when nobody can logically deny that we need all of the help that we can get.

--airspoon

It's not the same story.

This is about them offering for a second time.

I agree, all the help we can get, even if it ammounts to nothing, two heads are better than one.

~Keeper

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
AGAIN!!! Please read. Its NOT the US who is not accepting the help. BP can accept help from whomever they want!!!! Quit saying this is the US turning down Iran.

The so-called POTUS is going to let this gulf crisis be the end of him. He has put off the responsibility to BP. When US industries, US land and US wildlife is in danger because of incompetance, then it is the problem of the US.

Obama should have asked for international help initailly if there was any doubt that the US couldn't do it alone which I believe is BS. I think this crisis couldv'e been dealt with if there had been competant minds at work top solve this problem.

And about Iran wanting to help us? I doubt it. They're only wanting to offer such help because of PR and their motives in anything have been less than honorable.

I don't have any idea of how much crude is down there but hell, let it bleed out and let the nations of the world come and vacuum it off the surface. It's international waters and since the oil isn't being pumped out by BP, it's legally not theirs.

If Obama or BP's not willing or incapable of doing anything about it then it should be an international free-for-all.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Why the offer..

If iran does understand the bigger picture and just wants to help for humanities sake, why dont they just tell the world in detail how to do this thing and let the containment crews try to do it.

Because they want leverage options. If allowed to work on this spill they want something major in return you can be sure. They will never have a better chance to get so many spies this close to the US.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join