It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran renews offer to help on US oil spill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Iran renews offer to help on US oil spill

presstv.ir

The National Iranian Drilling Company (NIDC) has renewed its offer to assist the US in reining in an ecologically disastrous oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Mehran Alinejad, the head of special drilling operations at NIDC, pointed to the experience gained by Iranian experts in containing huge oil leaks during the eight-year Iraqi-imposed war in the 1980s, and said, "Iranian technical teams have had major achievements in oil well capping and the Gulf of Mexico oil rig is not a great feat in comparison."

"There is, at any rate, an ecological disaster in the Gulf of Mexico and its neg
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ohh, so big bad Iran wants to help us out eh?

I wonder how the Media will spin this into a negative. You see people, Iranians aren't horrible, terrorist people.

They understand that this incident is of GLOBAL consequence and want to help.

I bet you the US doesn't even respond.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I will be interested to see the other perspective of this offer, but with nothing els to go on, it seems that it is a real offer, and should be accepted as soon as possible if they feel this spillage is an easy fix.
Humans come in every nationality.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I like that quote, Humans come in all nationalities.

And the proper thing to do would be to accept immediatly.

If Obama is serious about encouraging diplomatic ties, then he has no choice.

This is also a good for Iran, because it shows the world it wants to assist with international disasters, even countries who are by definition hostile towards them.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ain't NO FRICKKIN' WAY we'll ever accept Iran's help on this
and Iran knows it. However, it's actually a damn good political move on their part. You see American public? Iran's not so bad. Make sure to tell your elected officials not to tear our country apart...

Too bad politics invades everything...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Ain't NO FRICKKIN' WAY we'll ever accept Iran's help on this
and Iran knows it. However, it's actually a damn good political move on their part. You see American public? Iran's not so bad. Make sure to tell your elected officials not to tear our country apart...

Too bad politics invades everything...

It really is a brilliant political move. It shows the world just how wrong the "west" is about Iran.

The propaganda campaign will have to work harder now, although I see no mention of this on any MSM.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
It really is a brilliant political move. It shows the world just how wrong the "west" is about Iran.

The propaganda campaign will have to work harder now, although I see no mention of this on any MSM.

~Keeper

Well, at minimum it shows that propaganda is alive and well on BOTH sides...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i say let them try pull bp out cause all they want to do is salvage what oil they can make money off of. i mean they were considering nuking it but seriously something needs to be done quick before atlantic is hit by it

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Oh, what a bunch of bo bo's ! If I could I'd hire "Lobo" see DC COMICS to kick their butts.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i say let them try pull bp out cause all they want to do is salvage what oil they can make money off of. i mean they were considering nuking it but seriously something needs to be done quick before atlantic is hit by it

Exactly, any help is good help right now.

Although I expect the US to not say anything about this and just snub them.

I also expect them to NOT take over operations and just allow this situation to continue.

This will be nail in the coffin for the Dems if they don't fix it soon.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well hat's off to Iran with this offer of assistance to the US, it was not something I would have expected Iran to do given the current tension between the two countries. This is an unexpected gesture that from what I can see has been made with good intentions, I would encourage the US Government to accept this offer.

An interesting point raised by tothetenthpower, if the President Obama is serious about improving diplomatic relations then the statesman like thing to do would be to respond in a positive way. Iran seems to be showing maturity in this issue by recognising that this oil leak is a massive environmental disaster and as we are all human and all share the same earth then it is prudent that nations come toghether to solve the problem.

We shall see how the White House responds to this kind offer of assistance, I suspect that for political reasons and reasons of vanity this offer will be turned down out of hand, and this leak will continue unhindered.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The US doersnt have to accept the offer. BP is the one responsible for the cleanup and they can accept help from whoever they want.

On that note, i thought Hugo Chavez was a big BP supporter?

[edit on 23-5-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Just let them help the morons over BP can't figure it out and by the time they do the Gulf will be a mess worst than it is now.

Then they can charge BP when they fix it the right way.

They should cap that well and sell the oil from it and all the profits should go to cleaning the spill up.

BP should be made to do this and to pay a monsterous fine for allowing the spill to happen in the first place.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This is, indeed, a no-lose situation for Iran, and a no-win for the United States. If we refuse, we are condemned for cutting our nose to spite our face. If we accept, then there are two possible outcomes. First, Iran caps the leak, and the US looks incompetent, and Iran wins wide-spread recognition. If it is not capped, Iran still wins because they have "risen above politics" to help the US battle an ecological disaster.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The US doersnt have to accept the offer. BP is the one responsible for the cleanup and they can accept help from whoever they want.

On that note, i thought Hugo Chavez was a big BP supporter?

[edit on 23-5-2010 by princeofpeace]

No, Hugo kicked BP out of his country when he took power, he gave the boot to all foreign contractors and took back his oil.

Only country in the world who doesn't import oil. And they say he's the tyrant...

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Mr Obama has made it clear that this is the responsibility of BP, so any further political interference would be very unhelpful and I doubt BP would want a bunch of Iranians getting in the way. I also doubt that Iran has any unique expertise to bring to the table with regards to this problem and the depths involved.

The offer by the state owned National Iranian Drilling Company is political. Games being played for points.

Regards

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't care what anyone thinks. It is 30 days +, and the well is still spewing.

Get Iran's help. There is no reason to not accept their help. I don't care what the rednecks that i live around say about it. In the end, we all win. This whole "no win" situation crap isn't going to cut it when my great grandkids won't even get the chance to eat gulf shrimp in the summer. You know the ones....the big 20ct ones.

When the world is at stake, national allegiance means squat.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Mr Obama has made it clear that this is the responsibility of BP, so any further political interference would be very unhelpful and I doubt BP would want a bunch of Iranians getting in the way. I also doubt that Iran has any unique expertise to bring to the table with regards to this problem and the depths involved.

The offer by the state owned National Iranian Drilling Company is political. Games being played for points.

Regards

Well BP sure as hell doesn't have "expertise" apparently or it would have been done by now.

Were still paying for the cleanup, or you are I should say. Like hell BP is gonna have to pay for ALL of it. The coastguard among other things is very expensive.

Obama won't bite the hand that feeds him, that's why he's left them alone. Follow the money...

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I bet you the US doesn't even respond.

Why would Israel care if there is a oil problem near Mexico...

...oh wait...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

This is an interesting point, you are correct that the President did say that BP had to deal with stopping the leak and would be responsible for the clean up. But we are now a month into this crisis and BP remain unable to stop the leaking well.

I dont think there is any harm in people coming together to try and sort this problem out, and I think Iran will have some level of knowledge in dealing with leaks such as these or similar, i dont think the offer should be dismissed in an off hand way, and I simply dont see how offering to help someone is a "game being played for points"

This is a kind offer, one that should be met with a positive response, as I have said before the more minds and experts we have on the problem, the quicker a solution will be found and this leak can be capped before more damage is done.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join