It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Death and Chemtrails from UFO's

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Looks like a cigar shaped craft with portholes to me!!

It does, but the description (and that is also visible in the drawing) talks about a scythe and some other things, so what we may interpret as portholes were meant to be something else.

I think (but I don't have any evidence of that) that these reports were mostly from Europe for two reasons: first, there was a tradition of reporting what had happened since the times of the Greek historians, and second, Europe had a bigger population concentration than Asia or Africa, making it easier to see and report anomalous events.

Another thing that has not been referenced in this thread is that many of those reports were from people that spent the time looking at the sky, because they were astrologists, and those events (even the real comets) were reported because of their astrological meaning, and comets were always thought as bad omens.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

It is my personal belief that UFOs have possibly visited this earth for a long, long time, so I am not a die hard skeptic.

Back then, I suspected they thought it was the devil's work, or the wrath of God inflicted on mankind for his numerous sins, with very little comprehension of the effects of poor sanitation, etc! Being as ridden with superstition as they were (you aren't talking about an enlightened age) reports of "hooded" figures and the like could literally mean anything as word of mouth accounts are going to be influenced by the paranoia, suspicion and medieval beliefs of desperate people. The black death didn't leave Europe until the 19th century, and I don't believe I've heard of any other striking connections to UFO phenomenon for the hundreds of years it was prevalent? But if someone who has studied this right down to every historical document, every written account, every shred of evidence, can produce some really compelling reports then bring it on.....

The level of interaction any "aliens" have had with mankind, br it good, evil or indifferent, or something entirely we couldn't fathom in a million years, is something we still tend to attach malevolent meanings to, as if mankind isn't capable itself of spreading pestilence and disease.

It's, at best, a "food for thought" but slightly tenuous theory and I like to study in depth all theories, even conflicting ones, right down to the bare bones before I decide to allocate my belief. Hence why I want to study scientific theories on the nature of consciousness to understand what it "is", if anything, that survives death.

I always take what I hear on Unexplained Mystery type documentaries with a pinch of salt because I don't want to become an "armchair" expert over sensationalistic soundbites of which I've no way of authenticating. That is why proper research in anything is so crucial.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neirid
interesting

Neirid.....

I can see you have simply inserted the word "interesting" in 20 different threads, in order to increase your post count.

I'm not sure that's what you're supposed to do on here.

Do you have any commentary regarding this, or the other 19 threads in which you have copied & pasted the word "interesting"?

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

So if a post is removed for being off topic, does it still go toward his post count? lol

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So if a post is removed for being off topic, does it still go toward his post count? lol

GeminiSky.....

The post count on his / her profile page has been reset to 1.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ouch that must suck!

Oh well, should have posted something of substance instead of one word replies.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I find the show maddening at times as they drop a huge bombshell with not many sources and move on quickly with out going into deeper detail,

That bothers me about this series as well. I watched one episode in which some ancient ruins were found--I apologize but my memory fails on the details--and apparently human remains were found, largely intact. The bodies were lying on the ground and supposedly some were holding hands, as if awaiting their death.

I don't remember that there was any follow up to the rather sensational or leading question posed by the announcer: "...and why were their bones still intact after so many years?" (as if to suggest some otherworldly intervention for the preservation of the remains).

To the topic, I guess I would say that the claims of the Europeans who saw cigar-shaped objects spraying a mist are interesting indeed, but what is the source for these sightings? Furthermore I feel that parasites are a most effective vector when it comes to spreading disease, and Europe in those days was not even remotely sanitary, so I feel the rats/fleas notion as a Plague delivery system to be far more believable than UFOs dropping some Agent Orange on the local populace.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by wmd_2008

Wmd 2008.....

The rats had fleas, fleas spread the plague that and open sewers on the streets.

Wrong!

Have you seen how small a rat & a flea is?

How could something that small make all those people sick?

:shk:

4 words if your serious:
Ticks
And
Lime
Disease

If your not serious:
Lol!

But I've DVR'd the whole series, as I work nite shift and leave for work when it comes on, but for the life of me, everytime I tried to watch the episodes.....I keep falling alseep. Hmm....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So here is something interesting, It appears aerial phenomena and plagues have been inter-related not only in this case but in other outbreaks as well.

I have found these excerpts online, taken from William Bramleys 1989 book "Gods of Eden"

Not all outbreaks of bubonic plague were preceded by rodent infestation; in fact, only a minority of cases seemed to be related to an increase in the presence of vermin. The greatest puzzle about the Black Death is how it was able to strike isolated human populations which had no contact with earlier infected areas. The epidemics also tended to end abruptly.

To solve these puzzles, an historian would normally look to records from the Plague years to see what people were reporting. When he does so, he encounters stories so stunning and unbelievable that he is likely to reject them as the fantasies and superstitions of badly frightened minds. A great many people throughout Europe and other Plague stricken regions of the world were reporting that outbreaks of the Plague were caused by foul-smelling "mists."

Those mists frequently appeared after unusually bright lights in the sky. The historian quickly discovers that "mists" and bright lights were reported far more frequently and in many more locations than were rodent infestations. The Plague years were, in fact, a period of heavy UFO activity. What; then, were the mysterious mists? There is another very important way in which plague germs can be transmitted: through germ weapons.

The United States and the Soviet Union today have stockpiles of biological weapons containing bubonic plague and other epidemic diseases. The germs are kept alive in canisters which spray the diseases into the air on thick, often visible, artificial mists. Anyone breathing in the mist will inhale the disease. There are enough such germ weapons today to wipe out a good portion of humanity. Reports of identical disease-inducing mists from the Plague years strongly suggest that the Black Death was caused by germ warfare. Let us take a look at the incredible reports which lead to that conclusion.

Bramley points out that during the medieval ages, most people described any anomalies they witnessed in the sky as "comets". Some reports were just that "comets"; other unknown objects that were not, were usually documented as "comets" any way:

The link between unusual aerial phenomena and the Black Death was established immediately during the first outbreaks of the Plague in Asia. As one historian tells us: The first reports [of the Plague] came out of the East. They were confused, exaggerated, frightening, as reports from that quarter of the world so often are: descriptions of storms and earthquakes: of meteors and comets trailing noxious gases that killed trees and destroyed the fertility of the land... .2

The above passage indicates that strange flying objects were doing more than just spreading disease: they were also apparently spraying chemical or biological defoliants from the air. The above passage echoes the ancient Mesopotamian tablets which described defoliation of the landscape by ancient Custodial "gods."

Many human casualties from the Black Death may have been caused by such defoliants. The connection between aerial phenomena and plague had begun centuries before the Black Death. We saw examples in our earlier discussion of Justinian's Plague. We read from another source about a large plague that had reportedly broken out in the year 1117—almost 250 years before the Black Death. That plague was also preceded by unusual celestial phenomena:

In 1117, in January, a comet passed like a fiery army from the North towards the Orient, the moon was o'ercast blood-red in an eclipse, a year later a light appeared more brilliant than the sun. This was followed by great cold, famine, and plague, of which one-third of humanity is said to have perished.

From Vienna, Austria, we get the following description of an event which happened in 1568. Here we see a connection between an outbreak of Plague and an object described in a manner remarkably similar to a modern cigar or beam-shaped UFO: When in sun and moonlight a beautiful rainbow and a fiery beam were seen hovering above the church of St. Stephanie, which was followed by a violent epidemic in Austria, Swabia, Augsberg, Wuertemberg, Nuremburg, and other places, carrying off human beings and cattle.

Sightings of unusual aerial phenomena usually occurred from several minutes to a year before an outbreak of Plague. Where there was a gap between such a sighting and the arrival of the Plague, a second phenomenon was sometimes reported: the appearance of frightening humanlike figures dressed in black.

Those figures were often seen on the outskirts of a town or village and their presence would signal the outbreak of an epidemic almost immediately. A summary written in 1682 tells of one such visit a century earlier: In Brandenburg [in Germany] there appeared in 1559 horrible men, of whom at first fifteen and later on twelve were seen.

The foremost had beside their posteriors little heads, the others fearful faces and long scythes, with which they cut at the oats, so that the swish could be heard at a great distance, but the oats remained standing. When a quantity of people came running out to see them, they went on with their mowing.

Thank you for Wagtail for pointing me towards these excerpts.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The link between unusual aerial phenomena and the Black Death was established immediately during the first outbreaks of the Plague in Asia. As one historian tells us: The first reports [of the Plague] came out of the East. They were confused, exaggerated, frightening, as reports from that quarter of the world so often are: descriptions of storms and earthquakes: of meteors and comets trailing noxious gases that killed trees and destroyed the fertility of the land... .2

The above passage indicates that strange flying objects were doing more than just spreading disease

From your post above look at bold in first paragraph and underlined in second.

Another example of the truth being distorted meteors and comets become strange flying objects.

Thats what I mean about things NOT being reported correctly.

Whats also interesting the post says we can spray biological agents as invisible mists but theses supposed ufo's didn't seem to be able to do that STRANGE!

[edit on 1-6-2010 by wmd_2008]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yes very strange indeed. We need more input on this. And as far as comets go, mostly anything sighted in the sky back then was described as comets or meteors.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Normally during these times (school holidays) I don't partake in threads like these, you know the ones that sound completely wacky and implausable. BUT I have literally just been speaking with someone about the black death plague and the UFO connection what a coincedence indeed.

I think I would need to look at the facts before I can say without conviction that it is connected but due to the coincedence of your thread and me speaking about it previously makes me want to look further.

* To add:

It would make perfect sense if at that time the lands were occupied by other inhabitants to depopulate certain areas in order to maintain their survival. Possibly setting up their own agendas in order to dominate the world like so many have done since. WW1,WW2,911 e.t.c.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Hmmmm....let's consider this notion logically, again:

Originally posted by franspeakfree
...if at that time the lands were occupied by other inhabitants to depopulate certain areas in order to maintain their survival.

What 'other inhabitants' are you suggesting? What archeological evidence exists for them? Written accounts? Etc.

AS TO a 'depopulate' strategy? It would far, far more effective to target any such "depopulation" strategies, or technologies, on the populace by means other than an airborne delivery, especially in that era.

Water, food...and yes, even fleas and rodents! Kinda sorta the way Nature did it. (The fleas, not the water and food..)

Also, recall....person-to-person contact transmitted the disease, too.

Personal hygiene?? Non-existant. Knowledge of bacteria, and the need for cleanliness? None.

That's why it's called a "plague".

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Lets hypothisize...

What if the black death was caused by UFOS...

Look at world # of population now, and imagine the # now had all those who people survived,

It just might be that today the earth would be a far less hospitable crowded with the descendants of 1/3 the total population of 1330!

Its just wild how the plague hit worldwide in such a short period of time w/o a global society?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

Thats the most plausible theory I have heard so far. Depopulate the earth at an earlier time, while its not too crowded, so that we would not suffer MAJOR overpopulation during the present time....makes since to me. We could have had 21 Billion people on the planet right now.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
From all the texts I have found (including that book in Latin), it looks like plague waves appeared, sometimes, after large floods that followed droughts, and if that's true we may see another epidemic start at the end of this year or next year, considering the situation in China and Russia, very similar to the situation reported before the first wave.

I would also like to point that, after reading several texts, they used "comet" and "meteor" more or less the same number of times.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
In my opinion the ancient aliens show does more harm than good with its constant parade of the same old crazy people.
And I firmly believe that Et's have been visiting earth for a really long time, and that there is some indirect evidence for it.
But I just want to scream every time they put on spray tanned crazy haired editor of the what ever "magazine" he "publishes".

First off the plague makes its first documented appearence in europe in the 530's at constatinople, where it killed a 1/4 of the population in a matter of weeks.
Over the next several years it spread all through the former roman empire, carried by roman traders, just as it was brought to europe by roman traders from africa.
In britain it devasted the british population, whom still had active trade with the eastern empire, leaving huge areas of south and eastern britain depopulated and ready for conquest by the angles, saxons and jutes.
When the plague made its sweep through europe in the 14th century it came from china via the mongols and mediterainian traders.
And it wasnt just the rats that had fleas PEOPLE had fleas too.

The other thing to note is that in its native africa bubonic plague, the bacteria yersinia pestis, is not a real problem, and that is due to climate.
When the tempurature is hot enough the flea carries the bacteria but does not pass it along.
But when the tempurature drops below a certain point there is a phsiological change in the flea, the bacteria causes a blod clot to form in the gut of the flea. This blood clot keeps the flea from absorbing any nutrition from the blood of a bite, so the flea jumps from host to host trying to satiate its hunger , passing the bacteria along, where as under normal cirumstances the flea would feed once, lay eggs and die.
Thats why the plague is present in ground squirrels of the southwewst US and there is no plague epidemic.
And if you look at when the plague hits, historicaly in europe and asia, it correspondes to a widespread pattern of global cooling in the norther hemisphere. Cooling that is generallly cuased by large volcanic eruptions, ie krakatoa in 530's-540's large and volcanoes latin america in the 14th and 16th century, iceland in the 18th century.

As living conditions improved the severity of plague epidemics lessend except in asia where they happen even today.

I dont doubt tha some people witnessed UFOs in the past and represented them in artwork and textiles of thier periods, but to say that UFOs were spray the plague is just assenine.

The bacteria cannot live outside of a host, it has to passed via a vector either a flea bite, or through very close contact between an infected idividual and a non infected one. And that is through the respiration of atomized blood that the infected person coughs up, and you have to be close for that to happen, they essentialy have to cough on you.

Durin WW2 the jappanese succesfully weaponized the plague but only through the use of infected fleas, they had bombs that would carry million of infected fleas that would open over the target area and spread the fleas.
And they set out to use this system on the US in the very last days of the war. A group of airplane carrying subs was dispatched to attack the US navy harbor at San Diego, but they were lost at sea and sunk by US ships during the transit of the pacific ocean.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by punkinworks10]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Niccawhois

Thats the most plausible theory I have heard so far. Depopulate the earth at an earlier time, while its not too crowded, so that we would not suffer MAJOR overpopulation during the present time....makes since to me. We could have had 21 Billion people on the planet right now.

I would like to see how you worked out that figure of 21 Billion I would say that is a number plucked from the air!

As for depopulate the earth the people died over a long period of time not overnight.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Something's been bugging me for a bit.

Relating to chemtrails.

I've seen the low-flying planes and schmears campaigns.

BUT. I've also seen spherical/disk objects in front of chemtrails. Pics as well. Including sphere/disc not spraying in proximity to one that was. I use the term spraying as a convenience. I'm not sure just what is going on. And, I will be the first to admit, I didn't, "catch on," for a bit. I took some pics and thought.... gee, that's odd... no planes in front. Then I blew them up. Whoa. Then, after that, in real-time observations I caught that all is not always what it seems regarding, "seeing," a plane in front of the trails (a type of conditioning... to assume a plane is doing it).

This bothered me. It was easy enough to chalk up chemtrails to a government over the edge, particularly when seeing what appear to obviously be planes. But this sometimes disk/sphere bit threw in another wrinkle.

The thought of extra-terrestrial, extra-dimensional activity came to mind, as did possible technology that the masses don't know about that terrestrial concerns might be using.

I put it on the back burner.

Fairly recently I caught what must have been a rerun of the show that sparked this thread, or possibly an update.
There was an old woodcut of a double box object (which gets associated often enough with chemtrails these days) in the sky spewing. Centuries old.

I thought about the text book explanation of the plague, vermin and fleas. Immediately flashed to the fact that if an aerial assault were responsible, then mammals such as vermin would be affected as well. Become diseased. Their close proximity to humans (as a food source via scraps, etc.) could well blur the issue.

I did not post this to conjecture an explanation, as I don't have one.

Just some high weirdness going on, that it appears has always been going on.

For the record, I have been active in various meditation practices, magick practices, going back decades. Every answer led to more questions.

Despite dancing with fallen angels (demons) as well as Angels of the LORD, this seeming physical manifestation regarding disc/chemtrail activity has thrown me for a loop. It is all too easy to conjecture and attempt to say, "this is what is going on," but in all honesty, I can't.

Had a black triangle come over about 1997, and the timing coincided with some intelligence agencies' interest in a project. I still don't have an explanation for that one. Was it a terrestrial craft that was sent as an underscore to the meetings? Was it extra-dimensional/extra-terrestrial in cahoots with the intelligence agencies?

I don't know.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Couldn't sleep, got up, and googled the black death and aerial phenomenon.
A link to this thread came up.

Thought I'd post.
edit on 21-10-2010 by PragmaticMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join