It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea to take ship sinking case to UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

South Korea to take ship sinking case to UN

www.torontosun.com

South Korea will the case of its torpedoed warship to the United Nations, President Lee Myung-bak's office announced Sunday.

The Cheonan sank in waters near the Northern Limit Line on March 26, killing 46 sailors.

An international team of investigators, which included three Canadian naval experts, concluded last week that a North Korean submarine torpedoed the ship. They reportedly recovered torpedo parts at the site of the explosion that match the design in a book published by North Korea for the purpose of arms sales.

North Korea has vehemently denied the allegations, calling the i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure exactly what this will accomplish?..

Maybe they are taking legal steps for the direction of war or pressuring for sanctions?... Who knows.. Either way the North Korean administration is not going to like this at all.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I'm assuming that's the case, for more sanctions.

Although it won't accomplish much. Nobody does anything to NK cause they threaten to destroy everybody.

It'll take the UN 5 years to figure out what to do with this.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Nothing will happen. Just a lot of jibber jabber and then lunch and drinks.

What a waste of time.

Either kick ass or forget about it I say.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, maybe the drinks might be alright.

Our founding fathers (here in the USA) use to get slobbering drunk whilst discussing how to wage war on our brothers in England.

But, I think we have gotten far removed from that era and now try to talk amongst to many countries that have not the conviction of "our old ways of dealing with such acts of aggression" these other countries while in debate and mitigation might have works and thoughts far removed from the issue at hand (thinking of their own "what can we get outta this besides another McDonalds franchise, attitude)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It will be as usefull as going to the cops saying someone stole my illegal drugs. The U.N. is worthless!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The UN had just passed the following resolution

Resolution 11345: North Korea will immediately cease all hostile and provocative behavior, including aggressive naval actions, nuclear detonations, ballistic missile launches and any other actions that may interrupt our lunch or afternoon tea. Failure to comply with this resolution will make the UN sad, and may even lead to some letters being written.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
The UN had just passed the following resolution

Resolution 11345: North Korea will immediately cease all hostile and provocative behavior, including aggressive naval actions, nuclear detonations, ballistic missile launches and any other actions that may interrupt our lunch or afternoon tea. Failure to comply with this resolution will make the UN sad, and may even lead to some letters being written.

That my friend is the most funniest thing I've read today!! BRAVO!! CHEERS!

And, it is most certainly a true upcoming scenario!

The UN is indeed a place to meet, drink,eat and (my favorite) meet woman (and men).

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Our founding fathers (here in the USA) use to get slobbering drunk whilst discussing how to wage war on our brothers in England

Yeah, the Irish still do that you know!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Anglo american empire took there case against iraq to un, and that ended with a crime against humanity. The un are nothing but americas whore.

Why do you guys think they have evidence, when we know even the iraq war showed the same people usa and uk intelligence services did that intel job too.

The intel in these two countries, could not work out if a man was interested in females or not, what chance do they have to work out if n korea did this, which they probably did not.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A bit of a catch 22. If nothing is done N.Korea might think it can do what it wants and continue blowing things up, if they decide to hit a US ship that might cause bigger waves though.

Anyone think this was a false flag attack?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm kind of keeping my eye on this. I know people have threatened NK before, but actually involves the sinking of a ship so I'm going to wait and see what happens.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
When I was in South Korea the younger generation would stage protests against the US military being in Korea. I wonder if they have any protests planned in the near future?

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Styki]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bicnarok
A bit of a catch 22. If nothing is done N.Korea might think it can do what it wants and continue blowing things up, if they decide to hit a US ship that might cause bigger waves though.

Anyone think this was a false flag attack?

Anything pertaining to America is a false flag, don't you know that already?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well since the Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is South Korean, I am sure he will push hard to make stuff happen.

This needs to be watched.

new topics

top topics

join