It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A Briton set a new lawnmower land speed record

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A Briton set a new lawnmower land speed record


video.ap.org

A Briton set a new lawnmower land speed record on Saturday, reaching a speed of just over 86 miles per hour (137 kilometres per hour). (May 22)
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.youtube.com




posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   


Among all of these doom and gloom breaking news, this story should be offer some comedic relief. Every one should have a laugh once in awhile.


U.S.A is not the only of Rednecks who Love their Lawn Mowers. But just how many Britons have a lawn large enough that would require the use of a Lawn Tractor.

video.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Call me sad but I emailed top gear a year or so ago with a suggestion that Richard Hammond should attempt the lawnmower record. I thought it would make great tv especially because of the crash he had trying to break the land speed record. My other idea i let them know about was fitting a v8 to things like a chainsaw after I came across a video on youtube
they copied that by fitting a v8 to a food blender.


[edit on 23-5-2010 by tarifa37]



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37
 


Top Gear is an awesome show, and that Richard would have never been able to fit into the lawnmower at his dimensions. He's not aerodynamic enough.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


Are you sure your not thinking of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond is tiny although he would have to make his hair more aerodynamic.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


Are you sure your not thinking of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond is tiny although he would have to make his hair more aerodynamic.


Isn't richard the guy with the long blond hair who always prefers the Shaguars. Jeremy is the Tall main host I think right.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hammond is the shorter guy that Clarkson refers to as the" hamster".Any details on the specs of the mower.I think the record should be set while your cutting grass at the same time as doing the timed run .



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Hammond is the shorter guy that Clarkson refers to as the" hamster".Any details on the specs of the mower.I think the record should be set while your cutting grass at the same time as doing the timed run .


I don't know the specs on the mower.

I agree with you about setting the record while mowing grass, this was accomplished on the Bonneville salt flats..so no grass for several hundred miles, unless you want to count the grass people were smoking there.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


Yeah .Put him loose in a big crop of ganga and see if he can out run the gun toting hippies,that should get the speed up a bit.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


Yeah .Put him loose in a big crop of ganga and see if he can out run the gun toting hippies,that should get the speed up a bit.


While he is mowing the hell out of those crops of Ganja, I will be right behind him with my
, and enjoying the fresh breeze.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join