It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused Illegal Immigrant Rapes 12-yr old girl - Raleigh

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Only if the family has issues with illegals. If they don't they
probably don't care what his status is. All they'll care about
is that their child heals. It's an issue here because, well, this
is ATS and the members have a beef with illegal immigration.

well undoubtedly it means a lot to the cops
else they wouldn't be trying to find out his
immigration status. And it means something
to some folks else it wouldn't have been
put in the online article. So there is more
concern here than JUST the family's
outlook. Your post trivializes the crime
and it's root cause based solely on how
the family sees it, not how society sees
it. And they are looking very hard as there
are many more potential victims out there.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spazzy
did you really just speak for the family of a supposed rape victim and apply that to reality? do you honestly believe the status of a rapist will not be imbedded in the minds of the parents of teh LITTLE GIRL that was raped?

That's exactly what I'm saying. They are thinking of their LITTLE GIRL, not stupid political issues.

As for speaking for the family, are you the only one allowed to in this conversation?

you are missing my point. you are using a hypothetical "family" to support an argument that i already proved false. now you are continuing to use it to confuse the issue and call certain issues "stupid". as you so eloquently said.

you cannot use fiction to supercede reality and expect to be taken seriously. obviously there are some issues with people ganging up on other people here.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

yes exactly. more facts. it looks like people interested in facts are outnumbered here.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Yes, all rapes are abhorrent but the rapist's legal status does have an impact on how well all those involved (the victim and the victim's family) heal from it which is really the main issue in a rape to begin with.

[edit on 23/5/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

Only if the family has issues with illegals. If they don't they probably don't care what his status is. All they'll care about is that their child heals. It's an issue here because, well, this is ATS and the members have a beef with illegal immigration.

Sigh. You didn't read the whole thread to see where I was coming from before you posted, did you... sorry, maybe we cross-posted or something... in any case, it's frustrating to not be understood.

post by Iamonlyhuman

post by Iamonlyhuman

And especially this one that explains further what I'm talking about:

post by Iamonlyhuman

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

again, we're having the problem distinguishing the difference between fact and fiction.

your statement that you just made is fiction.

the little girl that got raped by an illega is fact.

we see what you choose to support.

The statement I made was an adaptation of the one that was made by saying that if the immigration laws were enforced that it would not have happened.

It was stated that the legal status of the criminal was irrelevant and did not make the crime any less horrendous. I agree and offered my little piece of fiction to illustrate that.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That is NOT a fact! His immigration status is UNKNOWN. He has been ACCUSED of raping her. Where is your common sense?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well undoubtedly it means a lot to the cops
else they wouldn't be trying to find out his
immigration status. And it means something
to some folks else it wouldn't have been
put in the online article.

Are you saying that it hasn't even been determined that the guy is even illegal yet? And we're arguing over nothing at this point then.

So there is more
concern here than JUST the family's
outlook. Your post trivializes the crime
and it's root cause based solely on how
the family sees it, not how society sees
it. And they are looking very hard as there
are many more potential victims out there.

No, I would NEVER trivialize rape. I have 2 teenage daughters. I AM trivializing the outrage of those that are linking 2 issues together that have no merit being together. Well, it's an issue for those that have a beef about illegal immigration. Then yes, I am trivializing it for you. I don't care about "society" when it comes to the kids. They come first. Not inane politics.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ok, I give up. This thread is obviously going to fast for people to read and comprehend responses to each other. I'm frustrated because I really want to be understood in this but it's apparently not gonna happen. I'm out... see ya later on other threads.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Yes, all rapes are abhorrent but the rapist's legal status does have an impact on how well all those involved (the victim and the victim's family) heal from it which is really the main issue in a rape to begin with.

The background of a rapist will always have some kind of impact on the victim's healing process. That's a given.

However would that emphasis be greater than if the rapist was from a wealthy, well-to-do family who had the resources to potentially get off the hook? I think not.

The victim and her family will always carry the burden of animosity towards the rapist on their shoulders regardless of their personal backgrounds. It wouldn't matter whether or not if the rapist was a legal citizen or not. The animosity for the person as a whole will be there.

maria, there is a very important assumption that you are making here. you are assuming that people would "burn at the stake" any illegal because of this case.

let's assume that there is a certain percentage of people in existence that your statment applies to. let's assume those people are racist (i'm sure that's what your'e getting at). after making these assumptions why would it be relevant to classify everyone associated with this discussion as being that type of person? why would you assume that we are not capable of thinking for ourselves and why would you engage in discussion with people that were not capable of doing so?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
lets use some Logic here.

Rape is a crime.
Entering the US without Permision is a Crime.

If the person never entered the US the Rape would not have happen.

( this is under the assumption that the suspect is here illegally )

[edit on 23-5-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

That is NOT a fact! His immigration status is UNKNOWN. He has been ACCUSED of raping her. Where is your common sense?

well excuse me. if he's not illegal then why are poeple getting so upset about it to start with? it's not my feelings that are at stake here. i can see when the race card is about to be played i wasn't born yesterday.

but i'm glad to notice that none of my finer poins are being discussed. that lets me know that i win. thanks amillion.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Spazzy]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

well excuse me. if he's not illegal then why are poeple getting so upset about it to start with? it's not my feelings that are at stake here. i can see when the race card is about to be played i wasn't born yesterday.

Because the OP made the statement that if the immigration laws were enforced this would not have happened.

No race card here, just a second line.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Source

Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.

Every two minutes.

The Criminal

* The average age of a rapist is 31 years old.
* 52% are white.

Most rapists are white men... Hmmm... I guess we should lock up or execute all the white men and avoid over half of the rapes, eh? That's the logic some are using in this thread.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Are you saying that it hasn't even been determined that the guy is even illegal yet? And we're arguing over nothing at this point then.

we are not arguing, we are discussing

and true his immigration status has not been
authenticated at present. Therefore the word
"accused"was used.

I AM trivializing the outrage of those that are linking 2 issues together that have no merit being together. Well, it's an issue for those that have a beef about illegal immigration. Then yes, I am trivializing it for you. I don't care about "society" when it comes to the kids. They come first. Not inane politics.

The 2 issues were put together in the article as
both were mentioned in print. So we cannot
discuss the article without discussing both aspects
of the article.

Well you should think about society as what is
IN that society can harm your children.
And this is NOT about politics but about
laws being broken and one law is prosecuted
(rape) and the other law (illegal immigration)
is not.

The victim got the worse end of that deal
don't you agree ???

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

but i'm glad to notice that none of my finer poins are being discussed. that lets me know that i win. thanks amillion.

What did you "win"? Did you turn the clock back and this child wasn't raped? Now THAT would be a "win". This isn't a contest and anyone that puts forth anything irrelevant cares not for the child.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

oh and one other thing. aside from him not having any ID on him and refusing to ID himself the only UNKNOWN status to his citizenship would be because he isn't from the USA.

where is YOUR common sense?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Well you should think about society as what is
IN that society can harm your children.

There's plenty in our society that can hurt our children. Drugs for one but that doesn't have the hitting power of "illegal immigration."

And this is NOT about politics but about
laws being broken and one law is prosecuted
(rape) and the other law (illegal immigration)
is not.

As you pointed out, we don't know if the II laws were broken.

The victim got the worse end of that deal
don't you agree ???

Oh hell yeah and that is my focus. The child.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What did you "win"? Did you turn the clock back and this child wasn't raped? Now THAT would be a "win". This isn't a contest and anyone that puts forth anything irrelevant cares not for the child.

i agree that it's not a contest. but if you can't agree that these debates are important then why are you here? if you think this is all meaningless banter then maybe you shouldn't participate.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

oh and one other thing. aside from him not having any ID on him and refusing to ID himself the only UNKNOWN status to his citizenship would be because he isn't from the USA.

He could be a citizen but have some outstanding warrants. He doesn't seem to be an angel after all.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Source

Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.

Every two minutes.

The Criminal

* The average age of a rapist is 31 years old.
* 52% are white.

Most rapists are white men... Hmmm... I guess we should lock up or execute all the white men and avoid over half of the rapes, eh? That's the logic some are using in this thread.

another logical falacy (putting that kindly) and of course the RACE CARD! yay it's the race card that means they lose. you give, we win. you're out of moves the race card was played.

see what i mean, it's all white people's fault right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join