It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused Illegal Immigrant Rapes 12-yr old girl - Raleigh

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
jesus people, so much hate on this post.
so easy to make people hate the illegal alies more, by accusing them of doing this.
people are so easily manipulated

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
What the OP and others are trying to tell you is that, yes legals do it too. Say you have 50 rape cases, 25 are legal, 25 are not. Now instead of having 50 children raped, had the laws been enforced there would be 25. That means that 25 childrens lives would be normal. You could have saved 25 kids simply by laws being enforced.

To make this thread, he is bringing awareness of a crime that did not have to happen. He does not want to see another crime like this that could have been prevented. If it were your child and you knew the only reason she was raped was because a law was not enforced, would you stand silently by? Would you say oh well it could have been a legal citizen that did it? Knowing that it did not have to happen, would you not say a word? Or would you be angry and not want to see it happen to another child?

thank you night star
that is exactly what I was saying
but I guess you must have said
it more eloquently than I

it seems my point was misunderstood
by many. star for you

[edit on 23-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Every segment of society, regardless of race, legal status or social-economic standing harbors people that have committed some type of crime -- including rape.

True enough, but I can't see how that makes this OK, try as I might, looking at it from any angle I can.

Just because 'someone else does it too', DOESN'T make this instance alright, nor does it make it any less preventable.

I see the value our government places on us, and I see that same value reflected here, in the comments of posters who are peddalling furiously to try to spin this into something that was 'OK' because it was committed by what they wished were some sort of 'protected class'.

Quite contrary to being a member of a protected class, this cat ain't even worth the price of a body bag. He's better used as crab bait on the coast, but I doubt that even crabs would eat him.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This article does not state he is illegal. It states they are looking in to if he is legal or not. The headline isn't even the same. And whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

First Class Trolling.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
This article does not state he is illegal. It states they are looking in to if he is legal or not. The headline isn't even the same. And whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

First Class Trolling.

That only applies if you're a white Christian (preferably a man) who speaks English and can misquote the Constitution to support any argument you're currently making.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
It is ridiculous to consider that a rape committed by an illegal immigrant is any more heinous than a rape committed by legal citizen. The fact remains that a young girl was raped and to use her traumatic experience as an excuse to promote a political agenda is abhorrent.

Rape is not a crime committed exclusively by illegal immigrants.

This thread reeks as a pathetic excuse to bash an already demonized segment of society with impunity.

because stating a FACT that if boarders were enforced this rape WOULD NOT of happened and the fact 1 in 3 inmates in the US prison system are IN FACT illegals is pushing a political agenda? how many of those inmates committed similar acts of sexual abuse?

Whats disgusting to me is how if our boarders were secure this wouldn't of happened. They're all honest hard workers tho and I'm simply a racist for stating this correct?

LOL

100 bucks says this dude is illegal.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Gakus]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by firsttimecaller
So , when do we fire up the ovens?
That's what you are getting at I guess, right?
Round them all up, get rid of them, It's all their fault?
Ilegals are raping our children! Quick ship them all backj to Mexico so we can pay good American $$$ to F@#k their kids.

that was completely uncalled for

and find it almost a blatant attack
on the OP

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

You might want to be careful, Gakus. According to the new Arizona bill, an inability to speak proper English qualifies as reasonable suspicion to hold someone and investigate their immigration status. If your post is any indication of your speaking abilities, I wouldn't make a trip to the southwest anytime soon.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by Spazzy
your argument is ridiculous. how could his illegal status not be relevant?

So if a high scool drop out rapes a little girl does that make him being a high school drop out relevent?

Laws should be enacted so that no one is allowed to drop out of high school so we could stop rape?

That HAS to be one of the most twisted perversions of logic I have ever seen, in an attempt to skirt the issue entirely.

Lemme see if you can almost comprehend the issue at hand:

1) Illegal 'immigration', is, well, ILLEGAL. That's why they call it 'illegal immigration'. If that sort of activity is curtailed to begin with, by actually enforcing existing laws, then the follow-on illegal issues would necessarily be curtailed as well. The logic is pretty simple, even for me. I'm sure if I can figure it out, you probably can too. It goes like this - if they ain't here to begin with, they can't victimize innocents here.

Simple, huh?

2) Being a high school dropout is NOT illegal. Your example has no bearing on the issues at hand, other than being a transparent effort to hide the real issue, and skirt around it, hoping no one will notice.

Fail.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

And whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

he is innocent until proven guilty
but by your actions you might as
well call this 12 yr old girl a liar

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I think you're missing the poster's point. They were trying to show that there is a GIANT leap in logic between "event A" (the immigration) and "event B" (the rape). Suggesting that unrelated event A is a direct precursor to event B is illogical, as it ignores all the events in between that would not have been prevented by preventing event A. To commit a rape requires a certain mentality, which following immigration protocol would not have screened out, most likely. So, whether he immigrated here legally or illegally doesn't really factor into this situation anymore than being a high school dropout factors into a similar rape being committed.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by Spazzy
yes that's exactly what it means. what isn't obvious about that? of course it's relevant it's a total no brainer.

But what happens when you have the same number of rape cases but know they are commited by high school graduates. Guess that would prove that being a high school drop out really was irrelevant.

"What if...?"

Seriously, 'what if'?

IF a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his fanny on the ground. That's the bearing 'what ifs' have on this issue.

Perhaps you could start your own thread on the dangers of being a high school drop out? This one is about illegal aliens committing crimes, after having already demonstrated their willingness to break the law by being here illegally in the first place, and having that fact ignored by the government.

And apparently you.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

And whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

he is innocent until proven guilty
but by your actions you might as
well call this 12 yr old girl a liar

How did I say this kid was lying? I said he is innocent until proven guilty.

And guess what-There are plenty of kids who do lie about these things. I know one man sitting in jail right now who got into a fight with a kids mother and then the kid accused him of molesting her. The next week the kid accused someone else of doing it. Yes, it does happen. Do I think it happened here? I don't know, but I do know what the law of the land says. I'm not going to make an assumption until I see the evidence.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

So, he's innocent until proven guilty, but it's totally okay to repeatedly call him an illegal alien and rapist in the thread? Why not let the police at least sort the situation out first before you break out the vitriol? Maybe this man isn't even the right person? Maybe the girl IS lying (which is unlikely, but not impossible)? Maybe she pointed out a suspect who looks similar to the true rapist?

Until the facts are in, we don't know, and it's irresponsible (and unethical) to immediately call this man illegal and a rapist.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by firsttimecaller

Whoa dude, calm the hell down... I mean now!!!

This thread is disgusting... and I mean from all sides. First, to the OP I would say there's a term you should learn... "Too soon..." Aside from the fact that you do kind of jump to conclusions on whether or not this guy is an illegal, this family's little girl just got raped. If you want to politicize it to justify a law in Arizona, at least wait for the facts to come out... anything before that is troll bait and flat out disingenuous to the suffering that child just went through.

Second to firsttimecaller... I mean damn. If you want to bash the OP fine, but show some freakin' class. Those last two lines were about the most vile collection of words I've seen on ATS since I joined. Grow up or forget how to type, I don't care which...

Third, to the mods... umm, yeah what's up? This is one of those "Under close staff scrutiny" moments y'know? Granted, it may not be as sexy as 9/11 but still. The fact that you haven't even addressed firsttimecaller's post and seem content to pick a side in this is disturbingly telling...

My heart goes out to the child and her family. I hope she can eventually learn to live some semblance of a normal life. As far as the perpetrator is concerned, I don't give a rat's @$$ if he's from Mars or Montana... someone needs to pull a Viking and go Blood Eagle on his ass (to anyone who doesn't know what this is and would like to feel free to U2U me... it's a gruesome torture killing not fit for a thread). This creature who failed to remain human when he committed this horror doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
That HAS to be one of the most twisted perversions of logic I have ever seen, in an attempt to skirt the issue entirely.

It's not about legality it's about relevance. It was not proven that the guy is illegal. So that is not an established fact so at the moment the OP was posted it was irrelevant.

Enforcing the laws does not mean that this guy would not have slipped through anyway and still have commited a crime like this.

Or it could be that the guy is legal like this story already posted:

Quintanilla, a permanent resident from Mexico, works as a delivery driver for Hygeia Milk Products Co., Valdez said. He was charged Monday afternoon in Alamo Municipal Court with one count of aggravated sexual assault of a child, a first-degree felony.

Milkman accused of rape of 13-year-old girl

Where the law was enforced and it still resulted in a similar crime.

Again being illegal is irrelevent but not knowing if the person is illegal and still putting it in your title is misleading.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

fact 1 in 3 inmates in the US prison system are IN FACT illegals is

Would have been nice if you had included your source for the FACT.

Funny thing is that most don't know who is legal or not.

"30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens."

Both of these claims can be traced back to that same April 1, 2006, episode of "Lou Dobbs Tonight" on CNN, in the same segment, with the same correspondent, Christine Romans. But the e-mail misrepresents what Romans said. She gave figures for people who are "not U.S. citizens," a category that would include legal residents as well as "illegal aliens."

Romans said that "according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, 30 percent of federal prisoners are not U.S. citizens," adding that "most are thought to be illegal aliens." Actually, the Federal Bureau of Prisons does not keep figures on illegal immigrants. What solid numbers we can find point to a much smaller figure. A Department of Justice report from 2003 found that only 1.6 percent of the state and federal prison populations was under Immigration and Customs Enforcement jurisdiction, and thus known to be illegal immigrants. Half of these prisoners were detained only because they were here illegally, not for other crimes.

www.factcheck.org...

Here is another report on stats. Notice how the numbers they use are from non-citizens. This includes legal and illegal people.

The Survey of Inmates in State and Federal Correctional Facilities shows that 8.1 percent of prisoners in state prisons are immigrants (legal and illegal). However, the survey excludes jails and relies on inmate self-identification, which is likely to understate the number of immigrants.

In this report we use the words immigrant and foreign-born interchangeably. The foreign-born or immigrants are defined as persons living in the United States who were not U.S. citizens at birth.1 The foreign-born include non-citizens, both legal and illegal, as well as naturalized American citizens.

cis.org...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yeah, because citizens never rape anyone...

Common sense fail.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Read half the post, just want to put in my 2cent in this

it aint right what happened to that girl but that fact is ANYONE could have done it, illegal or legal... People need to be realistic and not put someone's legal status as if that was the cause of it. I'm sure there's a kid out there who is getting sexually abused by a parent, family member or anyone else without anyone taking notice of it, it just happened this man got caught and glad that he was, an illegal or legal, it doesnt matter to me, he did something unmoral.

I do believe this thread was to bash on mexican immigrants with the excuse of what happened to the girl.. It could have been any other immigrant from somewhere else, would you people still say " This is what happens when the borders arent properly secured" but Which Border are you talking about? Canada's as well? or if it was done by a non-hispanic immigrants? or even an legal person? then what? what would you people say then???

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join