It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion of North Korea in the Works?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
North korea just needs to be slaped on the wrist. But its highly unlikley US would go in maybe another asian country.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Vegemite]

rc

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
All they are doing is testing out to see if this is better than having regular deployments..and if the navy could respond faster in an emergency. I think its a great idea...then you won't see the ships on 8 or 9 month deployments anymore.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Unlike Iraq, NK is capable of fighting modern warfare and with intense firepower and with chemical/nuclear/bio weapons. They might not be as effective as the sophsiticated US forces but a heavy death toll on both sides would result.

The move from the NK DMZ zone is because the troops already there would be easily overun and destroyed by advancing NK aircraft/armour/soldier forces.

NK would probably launch it's nuclear missiles against either Japan or the West Coast of the USA in revenge. Japan of course most likely a target because of the short distance of travel.

This war would most likely be an air war as ground troops would be very vunerable.

Is NK the next target in the U.S. plan of ridding of any government it disagrees with? Only time would tell.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Pay attention. They telegraph their moves for those who listen

The next target for these clowns is Syria and Lebanon.

They have already planted the rational in the foreign press. The buildup to war will begin after the November election ���if Bush or some other surrogate is elected.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I seriously doubt we're going to invade North Korea any time soon.

However, if we were, here are some things to consider:

1) The notion of "transformative warfare" currently prevailing in the DOD maintains that with added flexibility and shifts in our force deployments (such as those currently beginning to take shape), within a few years we will be able to fight and decisively win not only two, but up to three major theater wars (in their minds). This is insane considering our current deployment levels and how overstretched the military is already...but unfortunately, my thinking that doesn't change their view, and they are the ones with the authority. In their minds, it's just a "simple" matter of bringing back forced conscription to fill any gaps if it DID come to that. The new levels of situational awareness and ability to rapidly flow forces to and from anywhere in the world, in their minds, offsets any challenges in logistics. (I'm not saying that's the case right now, or the thinking they are acting under right now...I'm just saying it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them if it came to it, atleast not in their own minds).

2) Any military confrontation with North Korea OR China would be launched in uttmost secrecy, I believe. I seriously doubt that there would be any major mass media coverage of the lead up to such a conflict, as in the case of Iraq or Afghanistan. Victory (atleast conventional victory) was virtualy assured in those cases. In the case of the DPRK or China, surprise would be paramount. We would only learn of it once it had begun, for many reasons, and the only "blips" on our mass media "radar" would likely be something as seemingly inocuous as the carrier group deployments people are raising alarms about currently. (That's not to say these deployments are in any way related to an imminent conflict. I'm just saying that they, if anything, would be all we'd be likely to see in the news prior to the start of hostilities).

3) In order for a preventive strike against the DPRK or any military targets within it's terriroty to be launched, in my opinion, there would need to be signifigant intelligence (much more solid intel than was available for Iraq, for instance) indicating that they were able and willing to launch an attack (nuclear or otherwise) against the U.S, South Korea, Japan, or others in the region. Failing that, an invasion of South Korea would have to be underway, or in the planning stages.

4) The complete breakdown of diplomacy with the DPRK would have to be the result of a final loss of any remaining sanity in Kim Jong Il's mind, perhaps due to the imminent collapse of his regime for example, OR, be conducted under the leadership of an equaly insane leader on the other side of the equation. Casualties on both sides would be enormous. The DPRK would likely lose, and regime change would occur...but at what cost? Even the best-case estimates indicate a casualty tally as high as tens of thousands (total, including both sides) in the first weeks of conflict alone. I sincerely hope that never happens.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Thank your god for China and the DPRK!!!
Who else will stand up to the BUSH puppet and the other bastards running the show.

Don't kid yourself.............their world is not as 'evil' as you would be led to believe by the State Department, the CIA, 'government sources' and CNN!

Do you think that more people die at the hands of Kim Jong Ill or the Council on Foreign Relations??? Don't F*****G kid yourself! The US government is the preiminent rogue and terrorist state on the planet!

Hell, this is what is needed to contain these runaway Nazi's in the Whitehouse!!

Peace, love and pot to all those who care!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Takes a real winner to call the man who won the cold war by having a backbone a madman. Regular brain surgeon, one that doesn't allow facts to interfere.

If we were to attack North Korea, we'd have to go straight to nukes in order to minimize damage to South Korea and Japan. I don't think they want to do that. KIM ILLASHELL Jong is a nut, and would lob anything he has toward us and any perceived ally. I don't think we want to fool with that right now.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well it's kind of funny in a way that some country is upset that their sworn enemy is leaving their borders.. Must be a first

But I share the view that nothing will happen until after the US election-anywhere in the world..

But invasion? Do the US even need to invade? Why not let the south koreans work the ground and supply them with airpower never seen before?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think seven CVBGs is extremely overkill. Two in the Sea of Japan, one in the East China Sea, and one in the Yellow Sea is too much there.

I think America is in no position to go to war with North Korea. North Korea is not Iraq, North Korea is more than capable of fighting hard and dealing unspeakable amounts of damage. They are like the North Vietnamese. Drop as many bombs as you want on them, they'll keep fighting.

America has shown that they'll fight wars as long as we don't lose any men in combat. Win or lose, a war with North Korea means tons of casualties.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
::tune of the Beach Boys:: Bomb Bomb Bomb ..Bomb Bomb Kimjong ,Bomb Bomb Bomb ..Bomb Bomb Kimjong ,Bomb Bomb Bomb ..Bomb Bomb Kimjong Bomb KImjononong. Du de due de ada

please something constructive to the topic.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

"Now they are demonstrating that they are set up to do it," Pike said. "If anybody anywhere gets any ideas � if North Korea gets frisky or the Red Chinese get too risky� they might have a half-dozen carriers show up on short notice."

www.globalsecurity.org...
www.globalsecurity.org...

Never underestimate a psychotic man with power!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
"Now they are demonstrating that they are set up to do it," Pike said. "If anybody anywhere gets any ideas � if North Korea gets frisky or the Red Chinese get too risky� they might have a half-dozen carriers show up on short notice."

Great post Regenmacher

I think the more time that goes by the more we will find out.. it is impossible in this age for the military to make such a massive show of force in total secret, and I have a hard time believing that with defence spending issues that this is all being done for "training" and "testing" But this massive show of force could bring the wanted result, that being that it puts enough fear in Kim Jong Ill and his leaders that maybe MAYBE they will back down, let in an international inspection team to supervise the destruction of NK's nuclear weapons and reactors. While having the real power in place to back it up. The world is not going to sit back and let this madman (kim Jong Ill) continue down this dangerous path.

I would like to offer the following link which will create a closed loop between this thread and an ATSNN report I have posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gazz

[edit on 10-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Taepo-dong 2

Alternate Name: Moksong 2 or Pekdosan 2

Class: ICBM

Payload: Single warhead

Warhead: 750 kg nuclear, biological, chemical, or HE

Length: 35.00 m

Diameter: 2.10 m

Launch Weight: 64,000kg

Propulsion: Two stage liquid;
possible three

Range: 6,000 km

In Service: Exp. 2004

Details

The Taepo-dong 2 is an intercontinental-range, road mobile, liquid propellant ballistic missile. It is currently North Korea's only true ICBM. Today, this missile represents the single greatest nuclear threat to the United States. While the missile has very limited accuracy, it is thought to be target at major US population centers in both Alaska and Hawaii, and perhaps even as far as California.

The Taepo-dong 2's major use is as a weapon of international blackmail. Easily equipped with a nuclear weapon, it is the first direct threat to the United States from North Korea. It will likely be used as a threat of nuclear escalation in response to any American intervention during a second Korean war. Just as the People's Republic of China (PRC) Lt. Gen. Xiong Guang Kai stated that Americans care more about Los Angeles than they do Tai Pei,? North Korea will likely rely on American unwillingness to lose cities rather than withdraw from Korea. In addition, it will likely be used to blackmail wealthier countries for energy and food, similar to how the North Korean nuclear program was used. It is also a major income generator as an item for export.

The missile is thought to have two liquid propellant stages. The PRC?s DF-3 (described separately) is the basis for the first stage of North Korea?s ICBM. Thus, the North Koreans owe much of their missiles technology to their communist allies. The second stage is thought to be similar to the older Korean No-dong missiles.

The missile is 35.0 m in length, has a diameter of 2.1 m/1.32 m (first/second stage), a launch weight of 64,000 kg and its payload equipped with a single warhead. Its range is thought to be at least 6,000 km and Russian sources put it closer to 9,000 km. The accuracy is unknown, but probably extremely poor.

The development of the Taepo-dong 2 is estimated to have begun at the same time as the Taepo-dong 1, in 1990. Pakistan and Iran have been receiving technical assistance on their missile projects that are derivatives of the Taepo-dong 2 project. Iran's Shahab-5/6 owes much to this North Korean design. It was reported that in 2004, North Korea put the missile up for sale to a number of Middle Eastern countries, Iran being one of them.

Reports also suggest that North Korea may be developing a third stage for the Taep?o-dong 2, to develop either an increased range or a space launch capability. If true, this would increase the ability of North Korea to hit US targets, perhaps to a distance as far as Chicago.

Find more here:

www.fas.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This speaks for itself.. Now this information is available for anyone who wants to find it.
North Korea is just days or weeks away from having the above missile operational... The obvious threat the above missile poses speaks for itself.. but recent intel shows that the 3 stage version of this missile is near complete as well.. can you see what I am talking about now?

Of course there will be those who say North Korea is no real threat to the U.S.A. because Kim Jong Ill would never launch these missiles... But then again you are putting your trust in an insane man with nuclear weapons, a man who has shown his growing paranoia more and more with each passing day. Again do you think the world is just going to stand by and do nothing here??

Any thoughts now??

Gazz

[edit on 10-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmcnulty
Pay attention. They telegraph their moves for those who listen

The next target for these clowns is Syria and Lebanon.

They have already planted the rational in the foreign press. The buildup to war will begin after the November election ���if Bush or some other surrogate is elected.

I highly doubt that the us will partake on any public action against syria in the foreseeable future.

Syria still has a standing protection agreement with russia, the same that the us doe with taiwan.

that is a mess that we could not handle

df1

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If I were the leader of N. Korea I would be pulling out all stops to obtain WMDs. A nuclear deterent is the only way to insure that the US will not make an unprovoked invasion of N. Korea. The US wishes to deprive other countries of WMDs so that it can dominate and intimidate other countries with its WMDs. N. Korea has every reason to be very afraid of the US, not vice versa.

I personally believe the N. Korean train explosion was a US covert operation designed to intimidate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join