It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Types, Why do we have them, Hidden Purpose?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I have always wondered if humans are all the same genetically, then why do we have different blood types? Lets assume for a moment that ET's created humans. Lets go even further to say that different races of ET's created different races of humans as part of some ongoing project. Does a humans race correlate with a certain blood type?> Did our creators leave genetic markers to differentiate us?

What makes one type better than the other? Do certain people have traits that can be tied to their blood type? Why is there a big problem with mixing different blood types? Is our body designed to mingle only with genetically similar humans?

These are some of the questions ive been wondering about for a long time, maybe someone here can shine a light on this. Thanks for your time!!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

We have different blood types because all humans are NOT the same genetically.

en.wikipedia.org...

No two humans are genetically identical. Even monozygotic twins, who develop from one zygote, have infrequent genetic differences due to mutations occurring during development and gene copy number variation has been observed.[2] Differences between individuals, even closely related individuals, are the key to techniques such as genetic fingerprinting. Alleles occur at different frequencies in different human populations, with populations that are more geographically and ancestrally remote tending to differ more.

Variation within a species, (as well as variation between species) are one of the things that drives evolution. (Along with the selective "event" that kills off portions of the population.)

We have different blood types because mutations arose, and in various regions, "selective events" killed off large parts of the population who had one or the other mutation, allowing groups of people to amass with one blood type or the other.

Nowdays we are mingling these populations, and blood types and spreading them all over the globe, outside of the regions in which one or the other was selected for strongly. If a selective "event happens" it may again be the case that we find populations with one dominant blood type in a specific region.

Or it could be aliens.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yes Ill stick with the Aliens. Especially the possibility that they are the ones creating these "culling" events.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Well I changed what I was about to post to this..because of your response.

You are not looking for the light to be shone. You are looking for gratification from agreement.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Maybe. I certainly have no proof that they arent.

However some of the "culling events" are viruses and bacteria.

For example, the Rh factor (which is what causes problems with pregnancies, not blood type itself) seems to offer protection from a nasty little bug (toxoplasmosis) that makes people (and animals) behave in ways which get them killed more readily. Which explains why being RH positive would rapidly become dominant in the population.

en.wikipedia.org...

The structure homology data suggest that the product of RHD gene, the RhD protein, acts as an ion pump of uncertain specificity (CO2 or NH3) and unknown physiological role [9] [10]. Three recent studies [11] [12] [13]have reported a protective effect of the RhD-positive phenotype, especially RhD heterozygosity, against the negative effect of latent toxoplasmosis on psychomotor performance of infected subjects. RhD-negative compared to RhD-positive subjects without anamnestic titres of anti-Toxoplasma antibodies have shorter reaction times in tests of simple reaction times. And conversely, RhD-negative subjects with anamnestic titres (i.e. with latent toxoplasmosis) exhibited much longer reaction times than their RhD-positive counterparts. The published data suggested that only the protection of RhD-positive heterozygotes was long term in nature; the protection of RhD-positive homozygotes decreased with duration of the infection while the performance of RhD-negative homozygotes decreased immediately after the infection.

So, the problem with us "breeding" with one another are due to RH factor, not type. You cannot receive blood from someone with some blood types, (depending on your blood type) but evolution has never had a chance to work on that. We have only been transfusing blood for a short while, and since we match types now, natural selection is again being circumvented.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Just to solidify your post for the OP:

Variation within a species, (as well as variation between species) are one of the things that drives evolution. (Along with the selective "event" that kills off portions of the population.)

We have different blood types because mutations arose, and in various regions, "selective events" killed off large parts of the population who had one or the other mutation, allowing groups of people to amass with one blood type or the other.

There was a question about whether animals have blood types.

Dogs have about 13 different blood groups, with between 6-8 being the major ones, and cats have 3 different types. Blood transfusion are species specific, so dogs can only give to dogs and cat only to cats.

Dogs rarely have iso-antibodies against other blood types, so in most cases, blood typing or cross-matching is not required prior to a first blood transfusion – although ideally a cross match with the recipient dog would be done.

For cats, they are born with iso-antibodies to any blood type which is not their own – so cats need to be blood typed before they are transfused.

Some veterinary hospitals have donor dogs available to give blood, plus there is a canine blood bank at the University of Melbourne – and for more information you can visit the following web-site;

www.vch.unimelb.edu.au...

Source

So Aliens would have had to create animals too based on this notion, and I am sure there is a similar pattern in all living things plants, insects, etc.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You may want to read up on blood - here. Packed full of factual information on blood.

ABOUT BLOOD
BLOOD TYPES
MIXING BLOOD? BLOOD TRANSFUSION FAQ

I, personally, see absolutely no connection to our blood and aliens. Before you can ever make that huge jump to that conclusion, you should study up really well on blood

[edit on May 23rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Cool, I've learnt something today, which is always nice. Could I just ask that small, isolated communities all tend to have the same blood-type or DO all have the same blood-type?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am right there withcha OP! Your query is very poignant!

I believe, no....I know, we are manipulated, created and designed beings originating from off-world entities (see: Annunaki).
I don't even want to go there with anyone so I won't respond in a toe-to-toe with anyone but you know what I find interesting though?

Years ago, a couple could not marry unless and until they had a blood test to supposedly to prove 'they were compatible' to have offspring (in the guise of having retarded children).

Now. What happened to that concern?

It's all BS.

We have been lied to, have had secrets kept from us and have been nothing but walking zombies for millenium now.

We need to rediscover ourselves again and then......the secrets will all be revealed and everything will fall into its proper place.

By the way, personally, I am "O" Rh negative.

Anyone can take my blood from me for I am a universal donor however, I can't take anyones blood but my own type and....there is no scientific reasoning for this.

So.....alien ancestry? You best believe it!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
I am right there withcha OP! Your query is very poignant!

I believe, no....I know, we are manipulated, created and designed beings originating from off-world entities (see: Annunaki).
I don't even want to go there with anyone so I won't respond in a toe-to-toe with anyone but you know what I find interesting though?

Years ago, a couple could not marry unless and until they had a blood test to supposedly to prove 'they were compatible' to have offspring (in the guise of having retarded children).

Now. What happened to that concern?

It's all BS.

We have been lied to, have had secrets kept from us and have been nothing but walking zombies for millenium now.

We need to rediscover ourselves again and then......the secrets will all be revealed and everything will fall into its proper place.

By the way, personally, I am "O" Rh negative.

Anyone can take my blood from me for I am a universal donor however, I can't take anyones blood but my own type and....there is no scientific reasoning for this.

So.....alien ancestry? You best believe it!

Yes I also believe these are important questions to be asked. Its funny you make one factual mistake in your OP and everyone goes off the handle pointing out the mistake, and not concentrating on the core subject or discussion. Hell even you don't want to go further about discussing the Annunaki because someone is gonna jump you within minutes and start a dispute.

This isnt right people, not everything has to be a dispute. Remember: United we stand, Divided we all FALL.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Remember: United we stand, Divided we all FALL.

Good phrase and I would agree, however I'd also like you to remember another good phrase:

Deny Ignorance

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Ya know what it is OP? I no longer need to defend it. I know what I know and that's good enough for me! I will only discuss it with like-minded people now-a-days.
I feel it's such an obvious 'given' that defending it is just a waste of my energy.
So...be it as it may. Let people think/believe what they want to. There's a huge separation manipulation going on too so, I just don't want to feed into it anymore.

But going back to your original question, even if you don't buy into alien manipulation and feel more comfortable with Adam/Eve or Darwins evolution theories, your question is still profound. It doesn't make sense. So then, what's the purpose and origin of these eight different blood types then? When did they start going off and creating new ones?

I'm afraid OP.....unless it's explained to us by our creators, we'll never know because science and religion are written with an eraser!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Its hard to see nowdays the isolated pockets of blood types, but you can see on this map that South America is still almost 100% one blood type, type.

anthro.palomar.edu...

While I was looking around I ran across this site, where the young lady has very good clear and simple information on blood types.

www.lisashea.com...

As for O neg people being manipulated by aliens, I would say that it unlikely. O neg is likely to be the oldest human blood type, the "base" type from which the others evolved. Which is why all others can accept it, but it can not receive any other types. The "newer" blood types are just 0 neg with some additional nifty features. O neg is only rare because of how prevalent RH factor has become. O is far and away the most common blood type in the world.

Its kind of like software, a program that is written for an old version of Windows may be compatible with versions of Windows that came before the version it was written for, but it wont be compatible with newer versions of Windows that werent out when it was programmed.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The science of Blood Type is not something that I know too much about. I aught to do some study. From what I read it seems that new blood types evolve out of dealing with various virus infections. Correct ? My own blood type is A+ which according to what I have read is thus protecting me against certain illnesses. I might be in a minority blood group ? Am I evolutionally superior ? Better able to survive diseases that affect those who do not have my more advanced blood type ? My ancestors must have suffered something which brought about the emergence of the type A blood group ? The idea that alien intervention is causing these changes is possible, but these changes are more likely just the natural process of evolution.

[edit on 23/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Well, the earliest person who moved from "O" to "A" did not do that because of an illness. It would have arisen purely by chance, a random mutation. But how it would have gotten a foothold and spread throughout the population in large numbers is because that random mutation would have provided some benefit to those who carried it. Or, it is also possible that it just so happened that a group of people who happened to have a high proportion of that blood type could have broken off and settled somewhere else and bred a whole population of people who had a predominance of that blood type. (The founder effect)

en.wikipedia.org...

So the prevalence of it could be either that it offered some advantage over the other blood type in some regions of the world, or because a group who just happened to have that mutation in high percentage, (a group of related individuals for example) split off and created a larger population that was isolated for a period of time.

There is evidence however that diseases have played a large role in blood type dispersal.

www.scientificamerican.com...

On the other hand, there is some evidence that group O members are more susceptible than other blood type individuals to the agent that causes bubonic plague, whereas group A people are more susceptible to smallpox virus. These correlations may account for the increased frequency of the B gene in China, India and parts of Russia, which suffered epidemics of both of these diseases. Infectious organisms that carry A- and B-like antigens may have indeed played a role in the somewhat different distribution of blood types worldwide.

So, your type A blood would have given you an advantage over the Black Plague, but not Small Pox.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Again, thanks for your answer - good links and I happen to have the time to read through them properly today, which is nice.

Although, whilst it's a good example per-se Windows!!! See my signature.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
okay, interesting theory...
here is a small link that may or may not to some degree have relevance to your point - perhaps a little more wider scope - this guy is definitely on your wavelength!

exopoliticsnews.wordpress.com...

I know it's a read but I came across this individual and his ideas in the magazine New Dawn, a fantastic publication that covers a wide range of current alternative science and paranormal topics... so enjoy!

Wag.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

Why thank u Waggy

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
very good thread. I was just about to start it again till i realized the power of the search tab!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Blood type O is the universal donor,
but it is also recessive so eventually
it will be bred out of existance.

David Grouchy
edit on 5-11-2010 by davidgrouchy because: bread < > bred

top topics

<<   2 >>

join