It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Oil spill a Tea Party for Arctic National Wildlife Refuge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The fact remains there is no laws that allows the U.S. President to immediately respond and deploy forces against something like the BP Oil spill in the gulf. As the event starts to unfold, his hands are tied about the event. Sarah Palin steps up.

"Katrina was a natural disaster. This is a man-made disaster," said Ken Medlock, an energy fellow at Rice University in Houston, Texas. "With this particular case, from Day One the Coast Guard has been on the scene. The federal government, as a result, has been involved from Day One."

Another fact, Cost Guard deployed, so we can't say there has been inaction by the federal government.

In order for the U.S. President to immediately respond, it has to be a natural disaster or act of war.

Analysts say as the ecological crisis gains traction, voters will punish the president regardless of who is responsible -- an important consideration for Obama ahead of congressional elections in November.

Source: Oil spill's political consequences rise for Obama

Elections? Does this mean there might be a conspiracy of why BP decided to syphon the spillage, where it failed, just to create an "artificial" natural disaster to make the administration look bad... for election time?

To call this "Obama's Katrina" is to accept "artificial" natural disaster, yet you know nature didn't cause this disaster.

People weren't immediately left without homes, food, shelter, electricity, power, medical supplies, doctors, places to go (due to floods), etc like in Katrina. This slick creeps up and "man" had time to clean it up. This is now "man" vs "man" instead of "man" vs" "nature."

It's walks like an oil duck. It talks like an oil duck. It must be an oil duck.

Sarah Palin, the 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate and former Alaska governor, said the disaster hadn't changed her gung-ho view of domestic oil drilling. More emphasis should be placed on onshore oil deposits such as the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska, she said.

"Let us drill there where it is even safer than way offshore," she told "Fox News Sunday."

Source: Only BP has expertise to stop spill, top U.S. response official says

[edit on 23-5-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Not Katrina, Chernobyl.

Oh, mercy mercy me
Oh, things ain't what they used to be
No, no
Where did all the blue sky go?
Poison is the wind that blows
From the north, east, south, and sea
Oh, mercy mercy me
No, no
Oil wasted on the oceans and upon our seas
Fish full of mercury
Oh, mercy mercy me
No, no
Radiation in the ground and in the sky
Animals and birds who live nearby are dying
Oh, mercy mercy me
What about this overcrowded land?
How much more abuse from man can you stand?
My sweet Lord
My sweet Lord
My sweet Lord ------Marvin Gaye,--- "Mercy, mercy, me"

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Seismic energy, mixtures of natural gas and oil, "looks like they drilled right into a volcano"

"they didn't seem to being doing anything effective... going around in circles... small boats with boons on the back off them... sent out to gather up oil.... in what looked like teacups compared to the horizon..."

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
Not Katrina, Chernobyl.

And what was the bottomline response to Chernobyl?

Evacuation.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Originally posted by chorizo4
Not Katrina, Chernobyl.

And what was the bottomline response to Chernobyl?

Evacuation.

It is entirely possible that this will end this way. 1. Hurricane approaches area 2. Mandatory evacuation 3. Well head is nuked while people are away 4. Very long time for decontamination, people out of their homes for an extended period.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

It appears there is already evacuation plans left over from Katrina and other hurricanes. I'm sure these are useful to not reinvent the wheel on how to handle the toxic damage that is now inevitable now matter when it is capped.

People are going to have to move away from the shores. Someone is gonna have to pay for that, and it better be BP.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Although technological advances in oil and gas exploration and development have reduced some of the harmful environmental effects associated with those activities, oil and gas development remains an intrusive industrial process.

Source: U.S. Fish and Wildlife service: Potential Impacts of Proposed Oil and Gas Development on the Arctic Refuge's Coastal Plain: Historical Overview and Issues of Concern

Something smells fishy. Dead fishy.

top topics

join