It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make Mine Freedom Dr. Ism...Excellent cartoon explaining what USED to make our country great....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
....and the threats we are facing still, actually more relevant today than back when it was made in 1948.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

This is here a good few times..

He says that all the "ism's" are the wrong way to go..

So what about Capitalism? The Capital based investment system turned into Capital'ism' because of the zealousness of the US to create its own "ism" to sell..

So that cartoon is against the system you currently use then?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

And you'd probably say that you are against propaganda

Anyway, this was directed against communism (not PCness, as you are implying). You know, communism, places where they demand to see one's papers. Hmm, maybe the video had a point after-all....

Best,
SN

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Healthy dose of American propaganda there. Made in 1948?

"We're the richest country in the world...because we annihilated all of Europe!"

"We have more cars than anyone else...because Europeans use public transportation and the war destroyed their economies."

"We have more graduates than any other nation...because we nuked Japan and the rest of the western world is still rebuilding after the war."

For playing such a large part in WW2 we came out pretty well. Not to mention the concept for Ike's national highway system came from Hitler's autobahn. How our economy was in shambles before the war and the advent of the military-industrial complex propped us up during and after the war. Cartoons from the 30's and 40's were filled with propaganda. Donald Duck Hitler is one of my favorites. Beyond that though, I don't think a 60 year old cartoon is very relevant today, it's just playing off the old fears of communism. Ooo...scary commies.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hi I am spartacus,

I posted this earlier this afternoon here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did not post again because first reply explained original had been posted 2 weeks ago.

Still and amazing cartoon!

Pax

new topics

top topics

join