It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Robertson Panel: UFOs and Ridicule.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

really with all the ridicules and flaks , we are still wallowing on whether that "object" is a ufo, whether it is an alien craft or man made.
we have been deep in this mire for hundreds of years now.

i think we have to move up to a higher level of perception.
we have to get back to the basic question...are we the only ones in the vastness of this universe?

i've seen a lot of ufo images taken in our sphere and before you know it, it goes bunked!

i have an image of ufo, a clear one, but taken on the moon, and nobody bunked it and nobody validates it.

So where do they all come from?

I say we have to do a lot more of digging to our brother mars and sister moon...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
reply to post by karl 12

So where do they all come from?i

AlphaMegas, that's a good question and I have absolutely no idea - there's a truly comprehensive thread below which contains many reports of objects emerging from the world's oceans but as to their true nature it's all pure speculation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Interesting footnote to the CIA's role in the UFO subject as Major Donald Keyhoe was forced to retire from and disband the NICAP organisation by a former CIA covert agent:

By 1969, Keyhoe turned his focus away from the military and focused on the CIA as the source of the UFO cover up. By December 1969, NICAP's board, headed by Colonel Joseph Bryan III, forced Keyhoe to retire as NICAP chief. Bryan was actually a former covert CIA agent who had served as founder and head of the CIA's psychological warfare division. Under Bryan's leadership, NICAP disbanded its local and state affiliate groups.

Link

How the Real NICAP began

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Relevant statement made by Dr Hynek about the Robertson panel:

I was not asked to sign the report, but I would not have signed if I had been asked. I felt that the question was more complicated than the panel believed and that history might look back someday and say that the panel had acted hastily. The men took just four days to make a judgement upon a perplexing subject that I had studied for more than five years without being able to solve to my satisfaction

Dr. J. Allen Hynek

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Some comprehensive info and documents from the Durant and Robertson Panel report:

link

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Leslie Keen, author of the new book 'UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record' makes some interesting points about ridicule and the corporate media.

Full

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If you have ever seen Seeing is Believing hosted by Peter Jennings, you will notice that it follows essentially the same tack: starts off with some pretty compelling material, then procedes to debunk for the remainder of the program, using authoritative sounding statements by seemingly impressive folks who probably sound completely convincing to anyone who has never looked into the subject in any depth for himself.

I remember seeing that special...what a piece of infuriating excrement that was... Don't forget the out of context airing of the UFO whack-jobs at festivals, etc. to completely ridicule the subject.

Hey Gazrok, Richard Dolan seems to agree with you on that one

Peter Jennings and UFOs: Spinning and Deceiving.

An analysis of the ABC special on UFOs, " Seeing is Believing." I am not always blessed with "second sight," but in this case, I predicted it perfectly. The show was certainly not a "disclosure" on UFOs in any way. Rather, it was like a balloon that was inflated during the first half, then deflated during the second. And of course, the dramatic political realities connected to the UFO phenomenon were ignored completely. Thus, a predictable piece of spin control on the subject.

link

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Leslie Kean makes some good points about the Robertson panel - see 29:00.

Google Video Link

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
George Noory and Terry Hansen discuss the Robertson panel and the UFO subject:

Hansen believes media companies, despite their claims of independence, actually have a long history of clandestine work with the government, helping them to condition public thought on UFOs. "There is a behind the scenes influence of the intelligence community in media content," he said. In support of this charge, Hansen referenced a 1966 CBS documentary, UFOs: Friend, Foe Or Fantasy, narrated by Walter Cronkite and generally dismissive of the subject. It was later discovered that a member of the CIA's UFO-debunking Robertson Panel had a hand in orchestrating that program, he revealed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join