It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente Anticipates a New Third Party by 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
During an interview on Max Keiser's show on Press TV May 21, 2010, Gerald Celente has said that he expects a new third party to emerge by 2012 in the United States that would be called something along the lines of "Progressive Libertarian" - "progressive in terms of health, education, clean foods; libertarian in terms of government staying out of people's lives, not becoming involved in foreign entanglements, and putting the government back into the people's hands."

This occurs in the second part of this video:

Although I wish we didn't have political parties - just candidates and taxpayer-funded elections - this sounds like good news to me. Hope he's right.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
o man me too! and on top of that from what i'v heard from you i'd vote for them!

i'm hard core democrat but from what i'v seen from Obama i'm thinking about becoming a libertarian.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

[edit on 23-5-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Does anyone recall the prediction of a new party by November? Lol.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Big corporations/military/industrial/complex would rather trash the entire system and stage a military coup than see government back in the citizens hands.

A third party as described could put the fear of God in them perhaps with the threat of boycotts.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What exactly is Progressive libertarianism?

Is it more like universal acces to things such as welfare, healthcare, etc... while maintaining a minimal government? Basically a smart government?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

What exactly is Progressive libertarianism?

Is it more like universal acces to things such as welfare, healthcare, etc... while maintaining a minimal government? Basically a smart government?

I think so. It sounds to me like trying to blend the ideals of both the Republicans and Democrats when they're at their best.

I like the concept.

top topics

join