It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010: Warmest year on record

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ok, last time we had "2009 the hottest year on record", now 2010 and it`s not even June yet.

Two separate sources of temperature data – the National Climatic Data Center and NASA – report that, through April, 2010 is the warmest year ever recorded. The climate center (NCDC) reports that the Earth's combined land and ocean average surface temperature from January-April was 56 degrees, which is 1.24 degrees above the 20th-century average.

I don`t know about you, but here I`ve been shivering for the past three months, and I`m wearing a sweater, now May 23.

El Nino -- a periodic natural warming of the tropical Pacific Ocean -- is partly to blame for the unusual warmth. NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies also reports that 2010, so far, is the warmest out of 131 years. Both NCDC and NASA use data that goes back to 1880.

Last month, NASA issued a report that predicted 2010 would likely end up as the warmest year on record, due to the combintation of global warming and El Nino. The report states that "a new record global temperature, for the period with instrumental measurements, should be set within the next few months as the effects of the recent and current moderate El Nino continue."

This spring is really a moody one.

In the USA, the weather so far this year has been very odd, with the three northern New England states (Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont) having their warmest year on record, while Florida shivers through its coldest year ever.

April itself was also unusually warm, as the Earth had its warmest April on record

content.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
2008, 2009 where cold in uk. But the summer is back in uk this year so far. Belting heat today.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
very interesting! just more of what is already overwhelming proof of climate change! Now if it's man made or natural i'm not sure, but I think it's man made.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Well, I am definitely not excited about the coming of summer, I kind of love the cold.

Anyway, the Earth is for sure going through different stages, I, for one, am glad that we get to learn many things about nature every year.

Last week, we had 10°C at evening in my city and -1°C in another town.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wonder if the scientists are actually keeping the raw data they used to come up with this 'finding'? And I wonder how much little Al is spending to fund this 'finding'?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sandri_90

I am with you on that mate, cold and crisp for me!

I have noticed very unusual weather this year and this was long before these threads.

Days are feeling longer, earlier in the year.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sandri_90

Yip, the summer is back in the uk, it's very warm and as usual i feel terrible. Im with you on the cold, prefer it alot more than sunny and hot.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It was recorded as the hottest summer in INDIA....some states were belting with heat..temperatures flares upto 48 degrees celsius

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yea i agree they are right .its the hottest, i had heating switched on to full,Well till 4 days back,
we got some nice hot sun today oh and yesterday.so over all i forgot that it was cold before these 3 days in damp patch uk

[edit on 5/23/2010 by dashar]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Since I cant speak for other parts but here in NY, it has been cold.. Friday was like the warmest day at about mid-80 degree's this week but yet today is cloudy and colder high up to 66 degrees .. It feels like once a week it gets real warmer then the rest of the days are cooler/chiller...

Weather.com says the average will be upper 75 degrees this week but just last week average been in the 60's...

It wasnt always like that here, but my memory is shot, i cant even remember how it was last year but i dont doubt it was the same as this year... not so warm .. but then again is it still spring? or is it consider summer now?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Another frost last night in the state of Washington. Garden has never been frozen out this late in the year before.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandri_90

I don`t know about you, but here I`ve been shivering for the past three months, and I`m wearing a sweater, now May 23.

Bloody cold in Scotland too (all this year) apart from these last 2 days. Just put the deckchairs away in time though, we just had the heaviest rain shower I've ever seen. It was great! You know when you think God just turned the tap on full?.. Well, it just kept going harder and harder. Got 2 inches in the pool in 3 minutes flat I reckon. Garden's flooded.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Here too! It`s been raining for 7 days non-stop.
I love getting wet in the rain

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Haha, more nonsense from the NASA/NOAA/Alphabet Soup fraudsters. Give it a month and they'll retract saying they transposed data from August onto September.

Is this data pre or post homogenization?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Not to mention the record snow cover and duration over North America this year.

Post climate-gate, everything emanating from the rotten climate desk at NASA, Hansen, Ehrlich, NOAA et al is to be taken with a metric ton of salt.

This is the last gasp of the warmists, which IMO, is to be used as political cover to pass the Cap and Trade fraud before the incumbent sweep in November.

Recall the Russian scientist claiming the next Ice age will commence in 2014.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
End of May, and it was 43 degrees F. here in SE Washington State this morning...and a cold, biting wind from the south...weird. It's usually high 50's, low sixties in the mornings around here...

Global Warming? Pshaaaah! Climate change? Oh, most definitely. But then, climates are always changing... I can deal with the chilly weather, it's when the roasters get turned on in July and August that I begin to get cranky...I hate hot weather.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well here in New Brunswick, today it's 30C..

That's crazy hot for this time of year and tomorrow is suppose to be worse.

This winter we had a crazy warm winter, only a week with temperatures in the -20'sC which we usually get about 3 months of.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Im not a big fan of most of this Global Warming stuff either TBH..

But since when does Al Gore fund NASA?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Those idiots have been manipulating temperature data for so long in order to get the result they want that they have forgotten how to do it correctly.

Don't believe anything they say. Its abnormally cool where I am and has been all year.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Im not a big fan of most of this Global Warming stuff either TBH..

But since when does Al Gore fund NASA?

Scientists, especially politically motivated scientists like manmade global warming aficionados, no matter who they work for, are more prone to 'cherrypicking' data to meet a predetermined conclusion. I don't see why NASA scientists should be exempt from this rule.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join