It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BPs Lying, CNN is too… and EPA will be too if they accept BPs response!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Something’s not adding up with one of CNN’s latest articles 'Top kill' planned to stop oil leak. In it, they talk about not only the top kill method but this:

On Thursday, the Environmental Protection Agency ordered BP to find a less toxic chemical to break up the oil than the one it has been using, Corexit 9500. The chemical has been rated more toxic and less effective than many others on the list of 18 EPA-approved dispersants, according to testimony at a congressional hearing Wednesday.

BP has found no immediate replacement candidate, Suttles said. "Our analysis that we submitted to EPA last night said there were no other dispersants we could identify that were available and less toxic," he said.

BP was to meet later Friday with the EPA to discuss alternatives, he said.

BP’s lying, and by printing this as fact and not countering it, CNN is too. If EPA accepts BP’s response, THEY WILL BE TOO.

I recently started a topic on ATS on this very subject. Not surprisingly, it got zero responses. I can only assume that the title wasn’t shocking enough for the new ATS.
Hope I did better with this one because this needs attention and now! BP/Exxon Oil Execs’ Jnt Partnership Gets Gulf Dispersant Contract Half As Effective Twice As Toxic.

The thread is based on a New York Times article that exposes the reasons why BP chose Corexit and not another fully available product that is TWICE AS EFFECTIVE AND HALF AS TOXIC, according to EPA’S OWN TESTS.

The sole reason they used the TOXIC Corexit: Nalco, a BP joint partnership with Exxon Chemical that was spun off in the 1990s, boasts oil-industry insiders on its board of directors and among its executives, including an 11-year board member at BP and a top Exxon executive who spent 43 years with the oil giant.

Among Corexit's competitors, a product called Dispersit far outpaced Corexit 9500, EPA test results show, rating nearly twice as effective and between half and a third as toxic, based on two tests performed on fish and shrimp.

Gebhardt says he could make 60,000 gallons a day of Dispersit to meet the needs of spill-containment efforts. Dispersit was formulated to outperform Corexit and got EPA approval 10 years ago.

"When we came out with a safer product, we thought people would jump on board," he said. "That's not the case. We were never able to move anyone of any size off the Corexit product."

He added, "We're just up against a giant."

It’s a David vs Goliath situation, and Goliath is LYING. EPA needs pressure to do the right thing, they're already pressured by Goliath to let Goliath continue the way they always have - public awareness is more important than we think.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
People, please understand this is far worse than mainstream media shows us.

Please, boycott ALL BP Gas stations, and go to f u ckbp.net, sign the petition and let's FINALLY grow some balls.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I just found this in another article:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Also on Saturday, BP told federal regulators it plans to stick with the main chemical dispersant it's been spraying in the open Gulf to break up oil before it reaches the surface. The Environmental Protection Agency had directed the company to look for less toxic alternatives. But BP said in a letter to the EPA that Corexit 9500, one of the chief agents used, "remains the best option for subsea application."

Will EPA fold to Goliath BP?? If experience dictates then the answer is "yes". Unless, this is brought out into the light of day.

BP TOLD EPA what it planned to do regardless of being directed to look elsewhere by EPA. Do the regulated tell the regulators what to do???? I think I know the answer. Why then do we even have regulators?

EPA DO YOUR JOB!!

new topics

join